Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened to the 2 Big Monthly's!?

Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:34 PM (205 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,910 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 8:37 PM

JSmithers:
    Insults?  I'm done.  Don't care. Have a good day.  

You too, Josh.  Thanks again for the restaurant recommendations 🍴

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 8:53 PM

xAT,   Here is how i can interpret that, he shared an observation, but it was read or interpreted as an insult, it is not an insult if you recognize it simply as another viewpoint instead of taking it personally.  

Like you, i won credits playing those events, i was disappointed seeing the change, but i can also see where Scott is coming from and how it can look to other players that are not impacted and would not even know the change happened.  I did not take it as an insult even though the changes may effect me and my efforts to help club member's. 

Beyond that, it did start to go downhill after the rebuttals, but that is because of how people chose to respond and then use more loaded words.  If we dont rise up and act like adults willing to engage, then yes it can turn into a childish playground fight, and go off topic.

We can all do better.  Heck i have made mistakes and gotten riled up at times, but i also think we ultimately want the same things, such as growing the game which is in everyones best interest.  That does not mean we wont have different ideas how to do that though., growing the game for 99.9999% of people might look different than what .0001% want or would like. 

Just my perspective, right or wrong.

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 4:11 AM

You can say he wasn't insulting as much as you like. I won't be gaslighted by the forum regulars or his friends that are too bias to see what he did. If you come into a thread throwing mud, you shouldn't be surprised when you get dirty. And then react as if you are being the bigger person for saying, calm down, lets get back on topic. Maybe Scott is a really nice guy. I am as well. But his harbored feelings about CK started coming out in his posts. He should get that under control if he is trying to stay on point. The only experience I have with Scott is this thread. Not really a good first impression.

I'm happy to talk about the OP. You're point seems to be coming from a perspective that believes the only way to grow the game is to give only to the 90%. If that's the case, why do game developers put in "end game" content in almost every game? I talked about this earlier in one of my replies, but that was ignored and not discussed. When I started on PC back in the summer of 2020 and discovered the competitive credit side of the game, I was a Tour Master with a 65 average. But I saw what the "top players" were playing and desired to be there one day. I've put in a lot of time and effort to get where I am. But if there is no end game content to shoot for, then why bother? If most of this community are average and happy to stay there, that's fine. But there is WAY more than .0001% that want to be better. Asking a developer to give us more to shoot for isn't arrogant or whining. It's the norm across the gaming community. We are simply asking them to raise the game up to a level that other games are. It creates a desire for re-playability. If a game doesn't have that, it dies. But like Evan said, EA has a game coming out later this year. It sounds promising. I like what they did with the old Tiger Woods games. And I love the end game content EA puts on for their other games! If that's the direction they are headed with this one, I'm all in! With PGA sponsoring it, I imagine it will be.

But back to this. To think you can only have watered down events is just short sighted. I have stated on my channel and in my discord, I'm not sure if I have said it here, but I don't think they should take anything away from this game. This was being discussed as if this was the only option WGT had. Why not add two more tourneys with a larger payout field if that's what they felt the 90% needed. It's not hard for them to create tournaments. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 4:12 AM

xAmazingTrace:

DodgyPutter:

The calling out of someone to play for a small amount of credits to you and what you think will be a lot to them doesn't seem to me the most mature way to debate either.   

If it stayed about a tournament then fair enough but it's become something else.

I didn't come here to debate anything. I regret posting. Just like the last time I posted something in the suggestion section. The trolls who live to argue in a forum came flocking.

I take it you're talking about the XP stuff, was I trolling in that thread?  Does it maybe depend on what my opinion is?  I note that Jo seemed to calm things down but some were reluctant to let go even to the bitter end.  I did also see where the challenge to a game idea originated, lol it would be :-) 

xAmazingTrace:
    But you have made it abundantly clear that you will give people your opinion to their OP and argue no matter what it is about without being asked for it. That's what you enjoy doing. I enjoy playing this game and getting better at it. Not just talking about it. 

You mentioned in the other thread that this isn't your first forum yet once again you post expecting no replies.  Those supporting you I'm guessing aren't trolling.  They are however in this case misleading and inaccurate imo and that's where any responses of mine, that you object to, comes from.  You even seem to object now to my response to your OP but you didn't in your second post.

Your threads, cheaper levelling up and keep the premiums big prizes to 1,2+3, sum up what multi's, restarts and baggers need; better equipment and big prizes with few rr's. So in the end I don't agree with either as I don't think they're good for the game and I guess fairness (to those competing with the cheats) seems important to me. I feel I have a right to respond, whatever your intensions are.

Before one of the CK start, I'm not saying you are any of these things and, more than that, you look to me to be tiering up as quickly as you can.

It's not true that I respond to every thread nor is it true that I always enjoy responding.  I wish wgt could get rid of all the cheats so they weren't a consideration in framing tournaments, I wish they clearly defined, in public, if things like coaching were cheating, exactly what is included as "selling credits" and then I wouldn't be debating it and pilloried for doing so.

But because I discuss the game doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing it as much as you do, maybe I'm not as driven to get better but it really isn't just the best that enjoy it.  I'm tempted to think that trying to make money out of it leads to just the opposite, like with some jobs.

There has been a few mentions of gifting from the CK but there's only one person I know in this thread that's gifted for years, to players outside his club, to those who simply need stuff, no sign up or payment of any kind required, and he hasn't mentioned it.     

xAmazingTrace:
    A very wise man told me, "if they aren't asking questions, they aren't looking for answers." The question I asked in the OP was rhetorical. And certainly not directed at any uninfluential forum groupies.  

Lol did the very wise man and previous experience not tell you anything about about rhetorical questions in an open forum.

It's not the first time you've mentioned influence, well you're right here in that I'm completely uninfluential within this game, I'm not sure what I'm meant to be a groupie of, the forum itself?  I do look there, and post, is that enough? 

As I mentioned before, you said in your second post "Someone I know did reach out to WGT about it." So you clearly do have access to people with influence.

If you hadn't told me different I'd have thought the CK knew this was coming and asked wgt not to do it and got nowhere there.  Next try, drum up some support in the forum which would have been fair enough.  But, of course, that's not what happened.

I've said why I like the change at most tiers, I would agree there could be a desire/need for a top 3 pay-out, open, tournament.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 6:06 AM

The NFL Competition Committee

Working to maintain competitive balance and consistency throughout the NFL

Hmmmm. Could WGT have a Competition Committee with similar goals?

• SamSpayed
    4,910 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 10:52 AM

< removed by author >

• WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 11:14 AM

Hey all, 

I've enjoyed reading some of the things that players have suggested in this thread and am open to hearing any and all ideas regarding tournaments, prizes, format, etc. 

Feel free to message me with ideas whenever (I prefer PMs as they're easier for me to keep track of and take notes with) and I do relay them so they get heard regarding all things within the game.

When it comes to the two monthly's, we made changes based on what we see from other tournaments. When more players have the opportunity to win, more players are likely to enter them.

We are trying out different things regarding these tournaments and we are open to changing them around based on the numbers as well as what you all think about them.

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 11:52 AM

Thanks Nico. I'm glad you're here! I'm excited to see what  you bring to the table.

• BOZskills
    395 Posts
    Thu, Feb 3 2022 6:09 PM

Dodgy,well said.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 3:20 AM

Hi Nico,  I mean no disrespect but could I please suggest you change the way things are done round here :-))

WGTNico:
    When it comes to the two monthly's, we made changes based on what we see from other tournaments. When more players have the opportunity to win, more players are likely to enter them.

I take it that's the same as

xAmazingTrace wrote the following post at 02-01-2022 2:01 PM:

xAmazingTrace:
    Someone I know did reach out to WGT about it. And you are correct, that this will bring more involvement to these tourneys.

it's just two days later.  Maybe the "someone" is the Jason mentioned above.

I first saw mention this was happening on the 31st and I'd be astounded if I knew about it before anyone at the CK.

The request, why not simply announce things like this are going to be happening in the news and/or the forum before they happen.  It may be that a negative reaction, from some quarters, will be anticipated but if so that will come at some point.

There is a perception among many "ordinary" players that the top players are treated differently in many ways and while in a lot of cases, (like getting better vem, wind or whatever) this imo is extremely unlikely to be true, in others (like access to information) it clearly has been. The overall effect could be that any true instances add credence to the fanciful ones.  

WGTNico:
    Feel free to message me with ideas whenever (I prefer PMs as they're easier for me to keep track of and take notes with) and I do relay them so they get heard regarding all things within the game.

Things like that I don't get, is there some need for secrecy?  I know you're not saying that's the only way to get ideas across but it's the one you're suggesting.

Presumably if 100 people have ideas, about these tournaments for example, many would have the same idea.  You'd rather have that repeated to you many times, wasting both your and the players time, than have things discussed openly where perhaps decent ideas could develop into better ones?  I think in the past wgt have had suggestion threads without them descending into chaos (lol, I couldn't swear to that though).  Whether any of the suggestions were acted on is another matter but not one that is likely to be improved by the ideas not seeing the light of day.  

RSS