Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened to the 2 Big Monthly's!?

Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:34 PM (205 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 2:14 PM

SamSpayed:

I've been reading the posts in this thread, and this is the quick summary as I understand it to this point.

A few of the better players, primarily from Cobra Kai, want more credits to be paid out in tournaments, especially for the top places, so that (a) they can buy better balls and (b) gift more credits and equipment to their fellow CC members.

Do I have that right?

And, then of course, there's this:

thunderbird:
    I think what MasterHacker (Don) said is probably accurate, you will see the top players really limit what they play. 

Is this supposed to be a threat?  If so, it's a pretty empty one.  If some of you so-called "top players" start limiting what you play, I'm sure other players will step in to take your place.  You are not irreplaceable.  

The arrogance on display here is pretty incredible.

May want to read it again if these are your takeaways. 

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 2:21 PM

birchi:
    May want to read it again if these are your takeaways. 

Nah.  Seems pretty accurate to me.  Bunch of top players whining about credit payouts.  Got it.

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 2:25 PM

SamSpayed:

The arrogance on display here is pretty incredible.

I was posting here in hopes that WGT would read it. I don't have a direct line to them. If I did, I would have used it. I'm not interested in the opinions of uninfluential members of this community. I couldn't care less what some forum trolls think. But I will take the time to point out how incredibly wrong this observation is.

Would it be arrogant if you called yourself a mediocre player? Absolutely not. One look at your profile page shows it. So would it be arrogant of a player with stellar results, scores and earnings to call themself a top player. Absolutely not. They just know where they are on a skill level in this game. 

As for myself, I've never played in a Live event, and I'm not a Tour Champ. But this mediocre player would gladly play you for 10,000 credits anytime you like. I can stream it on twitch.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 2:50 PM

xAmazingTrace:
    As for myself, I've never played in a Live event, and I'm not a Tour Champ. But this mediocre player would gladly play you for 10,000 credits anytime you like.

Given the propensity of Cobra Kai members to coach each other during events, I think I'll pass.  But you look like a pretty good player.  If you want to play for fun sometime, look me up in Discord.  I'm sure it will be a fun match.

In the meantime, my point remains.  This thread is (IMHO) just a bunch of players whining about credit payouts.  I mean, you started this whole thread with this:

xAmazingTrace:

The 1st place prize for the Tier Open is now a third of what it was with the buyin remaining at 200cr. So for a Tour Legend like myself the prize went from 10,000 to 3,240!

The 1st place prize for the multi round has been cut by 6 times and the buyin reduced half. This one went from 8,000 to 1,350!

Are they trying to give less incentive to even play this game?

How is that not whining about credit payouts?

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 2:53 PM

Mr. Trace, i believe you misconstrued Sam use of arrogance. I believe he was referring to the idea that if they limit their play that would some how bring wgt down. Not their playing ability............. Another point i noticed was the one about unlimited balls of your choice for an entire year for $169.00 . Really? So top of the line titleist,unlimited for a year? Why would wgt do that when itnwould only take like a dozen packs to generate the same revenue?          

Edit:it's amazing how similar this cc is to the original karate kid movie. Remember they weren't the good guys.

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 3:01 PM

SamSpayed:

How is that not whining about credit payouts?

I have have children. I have listened many times to them whine. I am a grown man with kids and grandkids. Again, I wanted WGT to hear my complaint since I can't reach out to them directly. You gladly voice your opinion and "whine" about others "whining". Or you simply just share your opinion whether it is asked for or not. It is my opinion that there should be some difficult, end game type of content that is only for a select few. Every other game I play had this. It's not a new concept. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to understand. If they make every tournament the same, then there is no incentive to be better. I'm just asking for them to give me something to shoot for.

As for the coaching jab, I stream everyday on twitch. I have off days, and then I have some stellar days. I streamed every round on last months Multi Round win on my channel. No coaching required .You can use the "coaching" thing as an excuse if you like. But that is just another copout from the players that will never put in the work it takes to be good at this game. 

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 3:56 PM

xAmazingTrace:
    I am a grown man with kids and grandkids. Again, I wanted WGT to hear my complaint since I can't reach out to them directly.

Congratulations on your kids and grandkids 😁

You can reach out to WGT directly at:

Help Request Form

or email them at members@worldgolftour.com

Hope this helps.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 4:07 PM

xAmazingTrace:
    I have have children. I have listened many times to them whine. I am a grown man with kids and grandkids.

The calling out of someone to play for a small amount of credits to you and what you think will be a lot to them doesn't seem to me the most mature way to debate either.   

If it stayed about a tournament then fair enough but it's become something else.

All the talk of gifting, expensive balls (  MasterHacker:- Reduced incentive to upgrade – I’ve been planning to upgrade to the new 1500 credit / sleeve Titleists, but can no longer justify a 50% premium on my current ball)  He has them equipped already!  Others being "gifted" expensive balls etc etc. 

xAmazingTrace:
    Again, I wanted WGT to hear my complaint since I can't reach out to them directly.

Probably not, but you can reach out to them second hand and get an answer very quickly as seen in your second post to this thread.

And I wont play any of you for any number of credits as I'd lose.

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 4:24 PM

DodgyPutter:

The calling out of someone to play for a small amount of credits to you and what you think will be a lot to them doesn't seem to me the most mature way to debate either.   

If it stayed about a tournament then fair enough but it's become something else.

I didn't come here to debate anything. I regret posting. Just like the last time I posted something in the suggestion section. The trolls who live to argue in a forum came flocking. When a mid-level player at best starts throwing around ""so-called" top players", I have a right to respond. It's not mature to say a grown man is whining for protesting about a change in the game he loves either. Again, I have the right to respond. Those were "shots" fired and warranted a response. But you have made it abundantly clear that you will give people your opinion to their OP and argue no matter what it is about without being asked for it. That's what you enjoy doing. I enjoy playing this game and getting better at it. Not just talking about it. 

A very wise man told me, "if they aren't asking questions, they aren't looking for answers." The question I asked in the OP was rhetorical. And certainly not directed at any uninfluential forum groupies.  

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 4:50 PM

xAmazingTrace:
    I didn't come here to debate anything. I regret posting.

6 posts in this thread before you finally start to regret it on your 7th post? 🤨

Let me explain how forums work to you.  You post something, and then it's open for comment and discussion by everyone who sees it.  Sometimes, people will disagree with what you say, and they will say so.  Other times, they will post things that you don't agree with.  All of that is fine.  

The forum is not your own personal pipeline to WGT Member Services.  That's not its purpose.

I'm sorry that understanding eluded you.  Next time, if you don't want to risk people debating you or disagreeing with things that you say, don't post.

RSS