Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened to the 2 Big Monthly's!?

Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:34 PM (205 replies)
  • xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 4:52 PM

That's cool. But don't start throwing stones and then get surprised when they start flying your way. It was about tournaments until you started insulting people.

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 4:54 PM

birchi:

SamSpayed:

I've been reading the posts in this thread, and this is the quick summary as I understand it to this point.

A few of the better players, primarily from Cobra Kai, want more credits to be paid out in tournaments, especially for the top places, so that (a) they can buy better balls and (b) gift more credits and equipment to their fellow CC members.

Do I have that right?

And, then of course, there's this:

thunderbird:
    I think what MasterHacker (Don) said is probably accurate, you will see the top players really limit what they play. 

Is this supposed to be a threat?  If so, it's a pretty empty one.  If some of you so-called "top players" start limiting what you play, I'm sure other players will step in to take your place.  You are not irreplaceable.  

The arrogance on display here is pretty incredible.

May want to read it again if these are your takeaways. 

Well this thread went the exact way every other one does.  Not a single soul said anyone is irreplaceable.   The ignorance on display here is pretty incredible

• ECC370
    108 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 5:06 PM

Here's my 2 cents on this... well more than that get ready....

I always looked forward to the big monthly tourneys, they were the toughest test at each level and since reaching TC I've only placed top 3 once or twice. Under the new format I need to finish about 13th to break even (and I use the cheaper TM93 than most top players), and the profits above are minimal at BEST.

For me personally, I guess I'll just thank WGT for giving me another tourney I don't need to waste my time on.

There are a handful of new tourneys like the 5 or 10cr UL and King's Cup I've stayed away from for similar reasons. I played GameDrive one time because I wanted the shirt LoL.

Took a break from the Weekly Championship for a while too, realizing most ppl play the 1st round over and over until they get a good score (I used to be one of them), even tho the payout isn't great. 

If you've played this game long enough it's gets boring, and I've only been here about 3.5 years.

I could be wrong and it really doesn't matter because WGT will always make bank, but I think many coming up in the ranks from L-TL etc trying to learn the game and improve, will find more reasons to play the new EA game than WGT. 

I can say I spent about 3 hours playing 2k21 for the first time last night and it was fun. The new EA game coming out this year is getting massive hype and I'm looking forward to it as well. It will be interesting to see where the competitive side of ESports Golf goes over the next few years with EA Sports already heavily involved elsewhere....

Again, I really don't think WGT cares about "us", they bank hard on the mobile side of this game...and on Clash and Turf Wars....and I'm one of those suckers that still loves to clash hard (that's mostly because of our arrogant main contenders, but also because I love my TPB fam).

***What I'm hearing from the trolls is basically this: boohoo waaa waaa for being so good at this game. I have to pay money to play this game and so should you.***

Meanwhile everyone and their mom's BF are RAKING credits off TapJoy offers. (at least in the USA with their Oil of Olay stuff). Heck, we've had some members QUIT WGT BECAUSE OF TAPJOY - THEY GOT HOOKED ON A NEW GAME!! You can't make this s... up!

Look, I'm allegedly one of the top players, yet I still struggle to place in these tourneys and in case you couldn't tell, even I'm triggered by this change lol. Just WGT taking the fun out of things again.

Read MattSutherland's post again (page 3), we're all basically losing credits on most of the tourneys we play!

I'll end this rant with a quick shout out to guys like Fmags & Young46, if you wanna learn to play the game well, they've posted hundreds of videos on YouTube. Young46 streams the game almost daily, so do many others. JSmithers, who I think stopped streaming for a while because of all you trolls is another dude I picked up many many tips from, and won free sleeves in his stream giveaways. Masterhacker has done live streaming for WGT's Twitch channel to try to help grow the game.

Young46 hosts an E Tour bracket challenge giving away 5 or 10k creds. These guys and many others don't just give away credits to their own CC members. Also, look at the gifts being given away in these forums by many others too!

They'll let just about anyone in their club and you can learn from them directly. Cut it out with the coaching BS.

I do the same thing for my fellow teammates at The Penalty Box (not just a clash club) and stream on Discord as often as I can to help them (and they also help me) learn the game and have fun doing it.

Can't count on 2 hands the number of our members that have told me directly they were about to quit WGT until they found us. 

End Ramble.

ps. Birchi & golfx3 are the G.O.A.T for only showing up to main events

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 5:16 PM

xAmazingTrace:

That's cool. But don't start throwing stones and then get surprised when they start flying your way. 

I'm not surprised at all. 

I've got 2 directors and the club owner from Cobra Kai beside themselves, hurling insults, challenging me to 10,000 credit games, and telling me what a mediocre player I am (I agree with you on that).  And all because I had the temerity to disagree with you and call you out for what you are -- arrogant whiners who feel like WGT owes you more top tournaments, and more credits for playing in them, because apparently you bring so much to the game with your gifting and Twitch streaming that you're the best ambassadors that WGT could ever hope for.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 5:17 PM

JSmithers:
    Well this thread went the exact way every other one does

That's because it's always the same people posting in these forums. Downhill like ski slope. Cheers

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 5:28 PM

SamSpayed:

I've got 2 directors and the club owner from Cobra Kai beside themselves, hurling insults, challenging me to 10,000 credit games, and telling me what a mediocre player I am (I agree with you on that).  And all because I had the temerity to disagree with you and call you out for what you are -- arrogant whiners who feel like WGT owes you more top tournaments, and more credits for playing in them, because apparently you bring so much to the game with your gifting and Twitch streaming that you're the best ambassadors that WGT could ever hope for.

I'm not owed anything. I simply protested a change that took the 2 premium tourneys and made them like the other dozens. I don't care if you disagree. But I just don't understand why you have to whine about someone not agreeing with you and feel the need to insult them for it. The "hurling" was just a retaliation to your insults. You say your not surprised, but continue to whine about it.

I'm doing a lot more for this community than a forum troll. You continue to put words in our mouths to seemingly validate your continued insults. Not one person said they were the best ambassador WGT could hope for. It's pathetic. But the ignorance won't stop until you stop talking.

• DeanBarr
    515 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 5:56 PM

Thats funny.....you sit and yap about Josh, and Cobra Kai and at the same time talk to Josh on discord about places to eat in Chicago?  Beside ourselves.....hurling insults....lol

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 6:47 PM

SamSpayed:

xAmazingTrace:

That's cool. But don't start throwing stones and then get surprised when they start flying your way. 

Insults?  I'm done.  Don't care. Have a good day.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 7:35 PM

xAmazingTrace:
    I'm doing a lot more for this community than a forum troll.

Maybe you should do more investigation into Scott's (samspayed) efforts to educate, inform and help people in this community.  Belittling him as a troll makes many of you look like the same thing.  Standing up and conveying concerns can be done without mud slinging.  Gang up on one other person and bash them as if they dont offer anything to the community, does not look good either.

I have not always ageeed with him on all topics or on his approach, but i have observed far worse by those in CK including their leadership.  Some people really need to do some self reflection.  

Scott conveys concerns possibly of the 99.9999% that play this game, if a select few are disgruntled because of a change that impacts a very very small select group, consider yourself priviledged to even be impacted.

The biggest changes impacting the WGT community and even cuts to tournaments can easily be understood from looking into the actions of those exploiting aspects of the game, whether it was people strip mining credits, players restarting and then restricting play to only the major events you are discussing, remaing at lower tiers for almost eons, and even players in what could be considered leadership roles justifying unethical and unsportsmanlike play.  All those things and others could be viewed as contributing factors to the changes.

Even WGT can be viewed as contributing to some of these issues or problems, but it has also been people exploiting the game that has hurt the community.  Sorry, but that is not Scott fault whether you like him or his views.  He too enjoys this game even if he chooses other ways to play and participate.

Some of you are even responsible for driving top players to quitting the game, sorry but that is not growing the game.  So stop taking offense or comments personally, sit back and evaluate the situation, the same way you might consider a shot over water with a crap wind while deciding how aggessive to be.  There can be value in trying to understand things from more than one myopic viewpoint even if it is not congruent with your own views.  You might learn something and if you truly want to grow the game you have to consider those views outside of the top .0001%.  

Obviously WGT deemed a change was necessary, but growing the game also has other issues and challenges none of us have control over, no matter how much gifting is done.

• xAmazingTrace
    122 Posts
    Wed, Feb 2 2022 8:08 PM

That’s just it, I have no issue with someone thinking differently than me. I wasn’t even saying anything to argue or debate. I responded to the insults that he started. Period. Then he wants to try and play victim? Please. 

RSS