Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened to the 2 Big Monthly's!?

Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:34 PM (205 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,529 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 1:42 PM

That would work for me. Great proposal, Scott.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 1:44 PM

PureGro1:

This thread is not a great look for some people, I see a lot of jealousy and egos on full display and the great walls of text...

MioKontic:
    Having read this whole thread, I only see support from other Cobra Kai members - funny that

You either did not read the thread or your just making this up, At least 4 maybe 5 people from other clubs chimed in with support for the OP.  Re-read it if you doubt that...

At least he didn't give that blanket not accusing yet accusing everyone you don't agree with that you're fond of.  I think the last one was "My estimate of some has gone up others sadly...". (I could find it if you like)

As one of three you're likely to be accusing of jealousy I have to ask, what of?  Certainly not people that get lower scores than me, I've admitted they do that routinely through this thread.  There are others that score just as well as them that I admire greatly for their skill, how they play the game and how they seem to me as people, and I wish them nothing but success. 

• callaghan159
    6,233 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 1:46 PM

ct690911:
    I have only 45 friends. I wish they could all get along in the forum...lol

I have 3 grands kids and they get along better than most in these forums

• TheProeb
    44 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 2:51 PM

What, I thought we were in the trust tree? In the nest? Are we not?

2,000 would probably be my barrier to entry, but I like the rest of your suggestions. I’d probably prefer the brackets first still. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 2:56 PM

SamSpayed:
    Would that work for everyone?

I'm quite uncomfortable making suggestions on this as I wouldn't play it but....  :-) I think it's worth noting that the weekly 100c  multi-round always seems to have the 200 max fairly quickly (or used to, I haven't checked for a while)

So something along these lines combined with Sam's and a twist. 

Maybe 2 x 18 holes and 1,000 to enter but another 1,000 if you want to play the second round. Scores can only be seen in a window between rounds and after it's finished.  I'd say prizes for top 10, to encourage more to pay again for the second round.  (Everything would have to depend on numbers entering, few entries then top 3 payout). 

Lol maybe better, 4 rounds of 9 paying each round, 1,000 then 500's? 

Stakes pay out would be good and if these have been running at such a loss then that's true for wgt too.

• RedForeman70s
    28 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 3:18 PM

Maybe a better way to handle this would have been to keep the tourneys as they were, and add the newly formatted ones, then over time, you could analyze the results. You could then make a better informed decision as which ones to keep. Maybe you'd decide to keep both, or even neither, but at least it would be an informed decision.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 3:29 PM

DodgyPutter:
    At least he didn't give that blanket not accusing yet accusing everyone you don't agree with that you're fond of.  I think the last one was "My estimate of some has gone up others sadly...". (I could find it if you like)

I have no idea what your talking about, I am honestly confused by this...

What i said has nothing to do with liking or not liking anyone, just that the statement was untrue- That was all.

DodgyPutter:
    As one of three you're likely to be accusing of jealousy I have to ask, what of? 

One of three? I wasn't specifically talking about any one or three.. just an over all feeling reading the thread.

If you feel I meant you then maybe there is a reason and that reason did not include my naming you or saying it had anything to do with you.

• Cameron122010
    23 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 3:39 PM

I guess I know the answer to this already ( it’s all about the ball hits , something my ex-wife specialized in but I digress) but how about making everything single play ? Even the top players have off days and while their scores are still very low it wouldn’t be the same three guys capturing every championship because they restart at 20 different times to achieve a 51 or 52. Just play the hand you’re dealt, even the pros have bad days they don’t get to restart after a,bad round ( bad as in for them bad ) Just live with a not so great score and you would get others who  don’t routinely shoot a 51 52 53 they may be have a great round and are able to go that low. You can end up with at least a slightly more diverse group of winners.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 3:53 PM

PureGro1:

DodgyPutter:

I have no idea what your talking about, I am honestly confused by this...

What i said has nothing to do with liking or not liking anyone, just that the statement was untrue- That was all.

I didn't mean you were or weren't fond of anyone, it was the tactic (of not accusing yet accusing everyone you don't agree with) I was saying you were fond of.

The other ("my estimate...) was another instance of you doing this, I'll find it in the morning.

PureGro1:
    This thread is not a great look for some people, I see a lot of jealousy and egos on full display and the great walls of text...

Which side of the debate do you see a lot of jealousy from?  How many people have been arguing that way? To say what you do is accusing all of them of jealousy as clearly you don't see it from the CK+.

Sigh I'm tired and I don't really want to play these games, I'll find the quote tomorrow then I'm done.

PureGro1:
    If you feel I meant you then maybe there is a reason and that reason did not include my naming you or saying it had anything to do with you.

Just Lol.

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Fri, Feb 4 2022 4:09 PM

SamSpayed:

How about this as a simple solution to making the players like JSmithers, thunderbird, MasterHacker74, birchi, MattSutherland, ECC370, TheProeb, and xAmazingTrace happy:

• Add a monthly multi-round, single-play tournament (or 2) to the WGT monthly tournament mix
    • Make the entry fee 2000 credits.  I'm sure those players can all afford it.  Average players might enter as well, if they want to spend that much to see how they measure up with the top players
    • Pay out only the Top 3 or Top 10
    • Pay out 100% of the entry fees.  No credits added by WGT.

Would that work for everyone?

That would be fantastic.  Add some spice to tourneys.  My issue with the whole thing is wgt literally just made the 2 premium tourneys into pretty much the same as every other one.  Then people applauding it because now they have 2 more tourneys to add to the other 100 available with similar payouts. 

I don't understand why we need 102 of the same type of tournaments.  You are acting like the players for the big tourneys are being greedy because they enjoyed a tiny fraction of what is available to play.  

RSS