Forums

Help › Forums

What Happened to the 2 Big Monthly's!?

Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:34 PM (205 replies)
  • JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 12:36 PM

Never been called JSh***ers before.  Well there is no point to continue on. Enjoy your new monthly tourneys added to the 100 other similar tourneys. Looking on the bright side I have a new nickname. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 12:39 PM

Does that mean you don't like the tournament idea?

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts

MioKontic:
    I did also notice that your initial question as to why 'everyone' disliked CK so much only came after Birchi's comments where he said "I don't give a *** about Cobra Kai and from the little I've seen or read outside the couple of their members I know, I probably wouldn't like most of them personally".  I guess it didn't bother you up to that point.

I was talking with Birchi on discord this morning.  I promise you nothing he said in this thread made me lose sleep.  Love Simon he is a wonderful human being who I've been lucky to meet in person.  Good effort tho

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts

DodgyPutter:

Does that mean you don't like the tournament ides?

Lmao in all honesty out of boredom I'll probably end up playing them. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 12:44 PM

JSmithers:

DodgyPutter:

Wasn't exactly what I meant but ok I'll stop trying to come up with something that works then.

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 12:49 PM

DodgyPutter:

JSmithers:

DodgyPutter:

Wasn't exactly what I meant but ok I'll stop trying to come up with something that works then.

Sorry I thought you meant wgts new tourney ideas.  Yea the ideas posted between the complete and utter garbage in this thread were solid.  Contrary to what some believe it was never about the credits.  The credits are a reward for finishing in the top 3 which made it prestigious feeling.  I hope something good comes out of this. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 12:56 PM

JSmithers:
    I was talking with Birchi on discord this morning.  I promise you nothing he said in this thread made me lose sleep.  Love Simon he is a wonderful human being who I've been lucky to meet in person.  Good effort tho

I know two people,  only from here but I very much trust their judgement, that have met you and both say roughly the same about you as you said about Simon.

I think If I try to explain where things went wrong in this it'd just make things worse, so I wont.

• ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 1:06 PM

DodgyPutter:

JSmithers:

I know two people,  only from here but I very much trust their judgement, that have met you and both say roughly the same about you as you said about Simon.

I think If I try to explain where things went wrong in this it'd just make things worse, so I wont.

Nice words Dodgy. I know from personal experience that even one public supporter helps take the sting away.

ct

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 1:10 PM

DodgyPutter:

i feel like mia is not one of them.  all joking aside we all love this game.  everyone plays/loves it for their own reasons.  sitting in a thread and bashing each other is not what we as a community should be doing.. seems a bit counterproductive

• Cicero733
    2,296 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 1:19 PM

Thinking out loud….what if WGT instituted a rotation of 5 “major” tournaments per year similar to the PGA. One being an Amateur Championship open only to certain players below a certain threshold like tier or stroke average; a Master’s Championship open to certain players by “invitation” only (Champions and above with a certain stroke average); and three Open type tournaments with an eighteen hole qualifier and a duration of a set number of rounds (or maybe one Open event for a Match Play championship). Prizes to be determined?

RSS