Help › Forums

What Happened to the 2 Big Monthly's!?

Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:34 PM (205 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 9:06 PM

JSmithers:

SamSpayed:
    The WGT King's Cup takes place every week.  4 rounds of 18-hole single-play.  No reason why the top players couldn't play that for bragging rights.

Shorter tees and easy conditions.  

That's reason 1 2 and 3

Didn't realise that, as I tend not to play 18-holers myself.  But I agree 100%.  This tournament should be from either the back tees or default tees, as should the Live Series qualifiers, which are also from easier tees IIRC.

• callaghan159
    6,226 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2022 2:23 AM

JSmithers:
    Well there is no point to continue on.

but you keep coming back. LOL

• ct690911
    7,199 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2022 2:43 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

SamSpayed:
    I think if WGT did that, and also made it so that any credits you have in your account (either purchased or earned through offers / surveys / videos) would be for your own personal use only, with no ability to gamble them or use them to gift items to others, I think there would be a lot more integrity in the game.  

Can't possibly agree more, Scott.

That was addressed a bit earlier. It makes sense, unless a player has multiple thousands of credits and no use for them. There are merits to being able to gift equipment to those less fortunate, through the structured charities or privately.  I have both gifted and been gifted. It's an honourable use for credits which have no use to the owner.

ct

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2022 5:28 AM

callaghan159:

JSmithers:
    Well there is no point to continue on.

but you keep coming back. LOL

Sometimes I don't take my own advice

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2022 6:11 AM

JSmithers:
    Sometimes I don't take my own advice

Hey, it happens to all of us. 

I don't know how many times I've thought to myself "I'm done with posting." At one point, I even took a 6-month break. There's a part of many of us (including myself), who is like this:

• KEV1075
    10 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2022 8:39 AM

So much of this original post, and replies like ECC’s, is true for me as well. I’m far from a top player but I’ve put in the work to have some success lately, including a top 3 in one of these monthly’s. I was disappointed to see the format change, along with the impact the latest update had on brackets (what a mess…) I looked forward to the challenge each month and now it’s just another tournament like the rest.

The consistent theme of most forum posts I’ve read on a number of topics is that there’s a disconnect between WGT’s product roadmap and the more active players. The amount of time and money we all put into this game leads us to feel some sense of ownership yet WGT seems to laugh in our face at that idea. Thanks to all those who shared their thoughts. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2022 11:03 AM

Dont take this wrong, but it sounds like you guys that are upset with the change need to get together and play private matches for real money $500 - $1000 like they do in the other golf game.

Just sayin

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2022 8:08 PM

Woodoworkery:

Dont take this wrong, but it sounds like you guys that are upset with the change need to get together and play private matches for real money $500 - $1000 like they do in the other golf game.

Just sayin

It's done here also Gary.

• KARTIKAYAN
    82 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 7:55 AM

Hi everyone , 

What happen to two big Monthly? i.e Monthly Tier Open and Monthly  Multi round Tier Open where the top 3 players  win the good amount of credits, well I  went through in this forum and read everyone thoughts some are against this change and some are in favor, and I respect everyone thought and feelings.

Here is my thought about those changes in monthly tournament :

I m sure many top tier players are upset with these changes especially  tour legends to tour champions but as a tour master I feel  this is good move by WGT  because I started  playing monthly and made good score many time like 64 or 62  but then I stop later, the reason is  I know  on the last day of month someone  see my score and beat it eventually (esp  if someone is restarter or having multiple account ) can easily beat my 64 or 62 score easily and then only best 3 will won.

But still I took the risk in January 2022 Master Monthly open  because the course was BEST OF PAR 5, I thought I can make good score and  well I made great score and even become tour master on 9th Jan 2022,  I lead the leaderboard till 30 Jan but  on 30 Jan evening some 3-4 players made less score compare to me,   well it is clear now who won it. :)

Many time I saw some players won like Monthly in tour Pro and Monthly in Master Tier as well as Monthly in Multi round in Tour Pro Tier in same month  and well because of that many good and honest player lost their credit and get disappointed even they play good game and this was happening each month especially in low tier from  pro to tour master . 

So that's why I support this move by WGT that  they made monthly in one course  like this month it is  congressional for every tier so even a low tier promote with in a month can't enter again in monthly.

Though I agree with higher tier players disappointment also because now WGT divided the prize money in  top 70  players and first place prize is very less. Also agree with  @JSmithers one line that  there  are many tournament like this  where prize money distribute in top 70 players and everyone get a very small piece of apple pie in that prize distribution.

So  I have a  suggestion regarding Monthly tournament @WGTNico's

1. A Monthly  should be tier less,  WGT should set the clubs , conditions and even ball  so everyone  be equal ( Let's see first time who is really a best player in WGT golf  ( no discrimination on the basis of club, balls and tier, even if WGT want set the monthly with rock ball or the ball they use in winner circle )

2. WGT make sure in monthly whomever enter get  exact same club , same distance , same green and even same kind of wind ( make sure it shouldn't happen  that one player getting Tail wind but other player getting down wind or side wind ) Everything should be constant for every player , then only we know who is the best and the best players deserve highest credit :) .

3. Monthly should be a single play  (which I think already a single play)  and no one can see  other score  till the tournament end. And the entry fee should be 200 for both Monthly open and Monthly Multi round.

4.  Now about a  Prize money - Well I calculate current purse from  Pro to Tour Champion and the total purse is 111,500 credit  so  this  can be distribute into top 10 players only( if the above  procedure follow and monthly will be tireless if  everything all condition and even club and balls is constant for every player)

Like 10th- 1500 , 9th- 2000. 8th-3500, 7th-6000, 6th-9000, 5th-12000 , 4th-16000, 3th-18000, 2th- 20500, 1st- 23000 = 111,500  credit. :) (of course it will be divide  if in one position more than 1 player or 2 player , well in that case if players not wanna divide the prize credit,   WGT also sent a shootout for  those player who is clashing in same position in TOP 10 . On 29th of the month each top 10 will get shootout (in feb 26th of the month)  so actually can decide  the top 10 and declare result on 1st of each month and begin new monthly :)

5. This same can follow for Monthly Multi round also :)

6. WGT also make sure each month condition will be change and different like if February it is Champion tee and Champion green and moderate wind, March can be  different tee and different green speed ( like tournament green )  and slow wind , if all clubs and ball  is constant for everyone then it is not a problem and  in my view , the best player is the one who can play any green and any condition or wind . 

So that is my suggestion and view , hope all of you agree , might be someone disagree also .  But that  what I though about Monthly :)

Thank you 

With Regards

Kartik (Kartikayan)

{P.S. @XAmzing Trace , Hello Sir,  I read u challenged (Samspayed) Scott for a 10000 credit match, He is Mr. Miyagi lol  , he don't  fight and take challenges for money or credit , I m Daniel LaRussoo lol. (Just got this funny thought). I can take your challenge but sadly I don't have that much credit :( May be we can play for pride or for your happiness 1000 credit , I m sure u can beat me easily and well I will learn something. Well I wanna be top player :) , but might be I beat u in game and then after that I can challenge also @JSmither lol ;).  U can choose any course , any conditions and tee and green everything. I have just one condition we both should play with normal wgt free clubs and free ball (rock balls)  and we both have same yardage so nothing will be unfair then :) ty :)  }

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2022 10:27 AM

KARTIKAYAN:

Hi everyone , 

What happen to two big Monthly? i.e Monthly Tier Open and Monthly  Multi round Tier Open where the top 3 players  win the good amount of credits, well I  went through in this forum and read everyone thoughts some are against this change and some are in favor, and I respect everyone thought and feelings.

Here is my thought about those changes in monthly tournament :

I m sure many top tier players are upset with these changes especially  tour legends to tour champions but as a tour master I feel  this is good move by WGT  because I started  playing monthly and made good score many time like 64 or 62  but then I stop later, the reason is  I know  on the last day of month someone  see my score and beat it eventually (esp  if someone is restarter or having multiple account ) can easily beat my 64 or 62 score easily and then only best 3 will won.

But still I took the risk in January 2022 Master Monthly open  because the course was BEST OF PAR 5, I thought I can make good score and  well I made great score and even become tour master on 9th Jan 2022,  I lead the leaderboard till 30 Jan but  on 30 Jan evening some 3-4 players made less score compare to me,   well it is clear now who won it. :)

Many time I saw some players won like Monthly in tour Pro and Monthly in Master Tier as well as Monthly in Multi round in Tour Pro Tier in same month  and well because of that many good and honest player lost their credit and get disappointed even they play good game and this was happening each month especially in low tier from  pro to tour master . 

So that's why I support this move by WGT that  they made monthly in one course  like this month it is  congressional for every tier so even a low tier promote with in a month can't enter again in monthly.

Though I agree with higher tier players disappointment also because now WGT divided the prize money in  top 70  players and first place prize is very less. Also agree with  @JSmithers one line that  there  are many tournament like this  where prize money distribute in top 70 players and everyone get a very small piece of apple pie in that prize distribution.

So  I have a  suggestion regarding Monthly tournament @WGTNico's

1. A Monthly  should be tier less,  WGT should set the clubs , conditions and even ball  so everyone  be equal ( Let's see first time who is really a best player in WGT golf  ( no discrimination on the basis of club, balls and tier, even if WGT want set the monthly with rock ball or the ball they use in winner circle )

2. WGT make sure in monthly whomever enter get  exact same club , same distance , same green and even same kind of wind ( make sure it shouldn't happen  that one player getting Tail wind but other player getting down wind or side wind ) Everything should be constant for every player , then only we know who is the best and the best players deserver highest credit :) .

3. Monthly should be a single play  (which I think already a single play)  and no one can see  other score  till the tournament end. And the entry fee should be 200 for both Monthly open and Monthly Multi round.

4.  Now about a  Prize money - Well I calculate current purse from  Pro to Tour Champion and the total purse is 111,500 credit  so  this  can be distribute into top 10 players only( if the above  procedure follow and monthly will be tireless if  everything all condition and even club and balls is constant for every player)

Like 10th- 1500 , 9th- 2000. 8th-3500, 7th-6000, 6th-9000, 5th-12000 , 4th-16000, 3th-18000, 2th- 20500, 1st- 23000 = 111,500  credit. :) (of course it will be divide  if in one position more than 1 player or 2 player , well in that case if players not wanna divide the prize credit,   WGT also sent a shootout for  those player who is clashing in same position in TOP 10 . On 29th of the month each top 10 will get shootout (in feb 26th of the month)  so actually can decide  the top 10 and declare result on 1st of each month and begin new monthly :)

5. This same can follow for Monthly Multi round also :)

6. WGT also make sure each month condition will be change and different like if February it is Champion tee and Champion green and moderate wind, March can be  different tee and different green speed ( like tournament green )  and slow wind , if all clubs and ball  is constant for everyone then it is not a problem and  in my view , the best player is the one who can play any green and any condition or wind . 

So that is my suggestion and view , hope all of you agree , might be someone disagree also .  But that  what I though about Monthly :)

Thank you 

With Regards

Kartik (Kartikayan)

{P.S. @XAmzing Trace , Hello Sir,  I read u challenged (Samspayed) Scott for a 10000 credit match, He is Mr. Miyagi lol  , he don't  fight and take challenges for money or credit , I m Daniel LaRussoo lol. (Just got this funny thought). I can take your challenge but sadly I don't have that much credit :( May be we can play for pride or for your happiness 1000 credit , I m sure u can beat me easily and well I will learn something. Well I wanna be top player :) , but might be I beat u in game and then after that I can challenge also @JSmither lol ;).  U can choose any course , any conditions and tee and green everything. I have just one condition we both should play with normal wgt free clubs and free ball (rock balls)  and we both have same yardage so nothing will be unfair then :) ty :)  }

I really can’t put my finger on exactly why, but I love this post! 

Much passion, well done Kartik.

CK getting a bum rap. XTrace you are amazing in the patience and tolerance you have displayed. 

RSS