Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2022 9:06 PM

Cicero733:
    Just curious. Are these objects discoverable on the mobile version or is this something that is strictly limited to PC?

I would imagine both. Why don't you check it out and let us know.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM

Bird House on #2 Kiawah, found this one when still playing the Flash version:

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:44 AM

Just to show that you have to be in the right place to see some of these objects - Here are a few pics of my friend and I, playing #5 Pinehurst. We drove the ball not far from each other. In my pic, there is a golf cart, in his, it is gone...

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 10:56 AM

PureGro1:

HamdenPro:

I always thought those were sprinkler heads...A lot of them on chambers around greens.

I am pretty sure this is a ball marker as HP says.  Here is a screenshot of a sprinker on Chambers (bottom right corner of the screenshot, just below the minimap of the green):

As you can see there is a big difference between a sprinkler and a ball marker.  Also, I was in the fringe, which is where you would find a sprinkler; HP's photo is on the green, and you would NEVER find a sprinkler on a green!  Imagine trying to putt over it!!!

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 12:54 PM

And then this happened.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 2:00 PM

While playing Kiawah the other day, aiming lines were showing up while I was hitting. The lines are not from my player or directional lines...Whoever was playing through should have atleast yelled "fore"

I would classify that as strange!!

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 2:27 PM

Tony08888:

And then this happened.

Why does that meter look strange to me? is the resolution or something?

HamdenPro:
    While playing Kiawah the other day, aiming lines were showing up while I was hitting. The lines are not from my player or directional lines

Whoa...I mighta had a flash back from that.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 2:33 PM

PureGro1:

It appears the photo was cropped, and the meter does not have shot pal. An obvious fake - LOL

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 2:37 PM

HamdenPro:

.Whoever was playing through should have atleast yelled "four"

Ermm... although it sounds the same, the correct spelling, and shout, is FORE!

From wiki...

"A possible origin of the word is the term "fore-caddie", a caddie waiting down range from the golfer to find where the ball lands. These caddies were often warned about oncoming golf balls by a shout of the term "fore-caddie" which was eventually shortened to just "fore!"."

Often a golfer will shout "fore! left", or "fore! right" (I do), which may sound helpful, but most times you haven't a clue where the shout is coming from, so whether it's from left or right it matters not, you simply duck and protect yourself  :)

By the way, I have actually been hit by a golf ball once (there was no shout of FORE!), and it damn well hurt, even though it was almost at the end of its flight!  I've also seen someone hit by a ball, he went down like a ton of bricks!  It's not nice!

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 2:44 PM

HamdenPro:

PureGro1:

It appears the photo was cropped, and the meter does not have shot pal. An obvious fake - LOL

I think ShotPal is displayed on the mobile version, although I can't say for sure.  And I'm not sure it was cropped as the whole screen is showing, I think it is just the resolution he's used.

RSS