Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,120 Posts
    Wed, Jun 7 2023 2:06 PM

HamdenPro:

Did you put that observation in your notebook Steff?

Deer diary...

8 )

• ScottHope
    10,120 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2023 1:01 AM
    Oh no deer!
  • HamdenPro
    2,422 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 8:19 AM

I was going through my "stock" screen captures the other day and, when looking at some "cart" pics, I noticed an individual walking towards the club house on #18 Pinehurst. I must have seen that screen capture 15-20 times and never noticed this before.

#1 - Photo of club house taken from Pinehurst website (to be sure not a statute or other inanimate object that is there irl).

#2 The capture I was looking at:

#3 - Closer showing the carts and the individual

#4 - closer enlarged view when clicking on picture

• ScottHope
    10,120 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2023 3:23 AM

*You can zoom in/out with the + & - keys on your number keypad Steff, and pan with the arrow keys, but it is a little tedious and the background will become pixelated as it is a photo.

*Kenher01 tip.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,518 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2023 9:26 AM

ScottHope:
    You can zoom in/out with the + & - keys on your number keypad Steff, and pan with the arrow keys, but it is a little tedious and the background will become pixellated as it is a photo.

Nice! That's kinda face you put when something's wrong, though.

FORE!!! 😆

⇩⇩ LMAO 🤣 ⇩⇩

• ScottHope
    10,120 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2023 9:29 AM

You're right Simon, I just realised I was aiming at the wrong hotel!  Lol.  ; ))

• HamdenPro
    2,422 Posts
    Mon, Jul 10 2023 7:46 PM

I posted this cart in this thread before. However, the prior post was taken from the 13th fairway (St. A) and, in looking for Mio's bench in another thread,

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/703967/4853980.aspx#4853980

You can get closer to the cart on the 6th fairway. Now, it is plain to see it is a greenskeeper's cart and you can make out someone sitting behind the wheel.

• HamdenPro
    2,422 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2023 6:28 PM

A double hit on St. Andrews on hole #18.... A golf cart and the illustrious "5 O'Clock girls"!

I had heard for a while now about two women sitting on the fence on #18 St Andrews. I had looked many times before with no luck and figured, if they ever existed, WGT had cleaned up the course since.

These women were called the 5 O'clock girls because they allegedly appeared only when the clock to the left of the green was at 5:00. No matter how hard I tried, I could never find them.

I was playing St. Andrews earlier today and, although playing fairly well (for me) - 7 going into 18 (I was playing 18 holes), I noticed the cart on my tee off. Even though I was playing well, I decided, once again, to hit towards the fence to see if I could find the women. Well...I did! (I would have got closer but I used up my 15 shots - LOL)

And...here is the cart..

EDIT: Just noticed, since I ended up with the max strokes (15) on the hole, and it was the last hole, it counted as a ranked/scored game. I ended up going from  -7 (possibly would have been -8) to posting a 73! LMAO...Well, I hope that helps my average.

• pmm711
    5,524 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2023 9:18 AM

You had to go and put this in writing.  Now those 2 girls, well women now, are suing you for stalking.  You’ll never listen.  “Oi vey” (to quote CT).

• HamdenPro
    2,422 Posts
    Mon, Sep 18 2023 11:50 AM

I had previously posted about golf carts beyond the 18th green of Oakmont. I played there recently and noticed in one frame the carts had moved.

The following pictures show a view during my approach shot (no carts), a view after the ball has landed and stopped (can see 3 carts parked in front of club house. and the third view is after the avatar appears behind ball, the carts are moved:

RSS