Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2022 7:06 PM

#13 St. Andrews - Top of golf cart and can see driver as well, on close up.

• RoggRR
    584 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2022 8:08 PM

looks like hobbit house

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2022 8:24 PM

Enlarged it more. It is more pixelated but definitely looks like a person in a cart.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2022 8:53 PM

HamdenPro:
    definitely looks like a person in a cart

You found the sniper, this is how perfect drives go off course...of course.

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 5:40 AM
    For your information . St Andrews golf rules . Personal buggy use is not permitted. Registered disabled golfers may apply for the use of a buggy which is subject to availability. Due to the set up of the course the buggy must be driven by a Caddie. There is no charge for the buggy but the caddie fee applies.
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 2:59 PM

craigswan:
    For your information . St Andrews golf rules . Personal buggy use is not permitted. Registered disabled golfers may apply for the use of a buggy which is subject to availability. Due to the set up of the course the buggy must be driven by a Caddie. There is no charge for the buggy but the caddie fee applies.

For those planning on playing in the UK or Ireland, here is a "Cart Chart":

I had posted a long chart here, however, as Dodgy included a link to the chart, in his reply (below), I deleted the chart to save space.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 3:51 PM

HamdenPro:
    This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it's interesting that the top courses in Ireland tend to be a little more cart friendly than those in Northern Ireland, 

Seems harsh to pick on NI on a sample of two, ROI tend to be more "cart friendly" than Scottish and English courses as well.  Or, none of the UK courses allow them without medical certificates and most insist they must be driven by an approved caddie. The exception being St Andrews other than the old Course, who allow seniors to use them.

The vast majority of the UK courses have major championships played on them whereas the ROI courses don't.  Are golf carts allowed on Augusta National?  Is America "golf cart friendly"?

Prices are important too.

The Ultimate Cart Chart: Where You Can (and Can't) Use "Buggies (golfpass.com)

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2022 6:03 PM

DodgyPutter:

That is exactly where I cut and pasted the chart above (sans prices).

DodgyPutter:
    Are golf carts allowed on Augusta National?  Is America "golf cart friendly"?

America is absolutely golf cart friendly, and Augusta does have carts. However, to play there is not so easy. Augusta is not open to the general public. Membership fees are steep having a one time, upfront, initiation fee from $250,000 - $500,000 depending on membership type/level. On top of that there are annual dues and greens fees.

Now, Pebble Beach, however, is a public course. Anyone can play there but you will need to make a reservation far in advance and be prepared to over pay $600, not including cart, pull cart, caddie, etc..

According to what I have read, Pebble Beach is considered the #1 Public Golf Course in the US.

EDIT: I had originally stated Augusta had carts, which it does. After reading an article Dodgy linked below, I stand corrected that, although there are carts, they are not allowed on the course. (I imagine, they do not disclose this to the "out of shape" Americans until after they have paid for one).

Thanks, Dodgy. :)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Dec 27 2022 3:50 AM

HamdenPro:
    That is exactly where I cut and pasted the chart above (sans prices).

That was why I included it, to also show the prices and the Country headings. 

HamdenPro:
    America is absolutely golf cart friendly, and Augusta does have carts. However, to play there is not so easy.
      Yes they have them but...Does Augusta National Have Golf Carts? - Metro League

The Old Course at St Andrews is also a public course £135 Nov-March and £270 the rest of the year.

Anyway, I'm sure you don't want lots of debate here. 

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2023 6:54 PM

I had posted a few pics before from Oakmont, showing carts lined up along side the clubhouse in one photo and another where there carts were not there, which I am reposting below.

The third picture below is new, notice the location of the carts. This is 3 pics from the same green with Carts either there or in different locations.

RSS