Forums

Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Sun, Jan 8 2023 8:26 PM

Unless this has changed, Oakmont has carts. I had the opportunity to play Oakmont back in the 1990’s. We were guests of a member (2 foursomes). As guests we were required to have a cart and required to have a caddie as well. Reasoning was to keep play moving. Our bags were on the cart, but we were supposed to walk. The cart allowed the caddie to move quickly between each member of the foursome.

• spa75
    330 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 1:37 AM

I have seen lots of carts  and  extra balls on course. 

My most recent things I've seen are  helicopter shadows cant remember where possibly merion but not sure  and also a duck in stream just b4 green on hole 8 (I think. Its a par3.) wolf creek . It's there and then you could play same hole again land in same,ish spot with the same  camera shot  and no duck. I play on mobile and it won't let me post screen shots here. 

Gl all Happy golfing.✌  

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2023 7:57 AM

spa75:
    I play on mobile and it won't let me post screen shots here. 

It will, you need to upload to an image host and post then link from the image host here- 

https://imgbb.com/

• spa75
    330 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2023 8:38 AM

OK thanks,  puregro1 i will check it out  Ty.

• ScottHope
    10,078 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2023 9:41 AM

I think you're right about the helicopter shadow at Merion, Shane. I have a picture of one at Chambers Bay...

...although it could be someone looking for a sign of some sort.  : ))

⇩ EDIT : Wish my eyesight was that good Mr B.  ; ) ⇩

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2023 11:18 AM

ScottHope:
    ..although it could be someone looking for a sign of some sort.  : ))

Looking for their ball WGT stole.🤣🤣

• HamdenPro
    2,407 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2023 2:32 PM

ScottHope:
    I have a picture of one at Chambers Bay...

Hmmm, no flag, no aiming arrow....Is that a screenshot from in-game? It looks more like a Yancy creation.

• ScottHope
    10,078 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2023 3:08 PM

When the game was flash based in a browser Steff, I could find the course photographs through the browser developer tools, and that's where that picture is from.  ; )

EDIT : Remember the Pinehurst easter eggs?  All those pictures that have no flash overlays were obtained the same way.

• HamdenPro
    2,407 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2023 3:53 PM

ScottHope:
    Remember the Pinehurst easter eggs?  All those pictures that have no flash overlays were obtained the same way.

And also the way the Easter eggs, and bigfoot, got there in the first place (I presume).

Last I checked, the eggs as well as the squatch are still there.

I would think the helicopter, then, was during the mapping process. I found this pic, a while back, taken by Stonecoldkiller. It shows all the stuff used by WGT during mapping which are later taken out by the programmers.

My understanding is that when Nico and others were first trying out PGA National, there were things all over the place.

RSS