Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2022 1:34 PM

SamSpayed:
    What would be the right way, then?

I know it was a celebratory moment at the 1999 US Open, but I wish they'd picked a more traditional pose, maybe one of Payne holding the trophy.

• dcviolator
    14 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2022 7:31 AM

routinely see other balls in the fairway that are not your opponent's golf ball.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2022 7:24 PM

Carts - No Carts!

As WGT splices different camera angles together to create an overall, accurate, portrayal of the course, sometimes, things appear in one shot but not in another. A perfect example are carts. Here are two examples, one from Pinehurst and the other from Oakmont.

PINEHURST:

OAKMONT:

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2022 12:21 AM

HamdenPro:
    Carts - No Carts!
    Things may have changed as they walked the courses, camera w/ GPS in hand.

I also think that they erase such things, and people, from the pics, they may only have overlooked some.

My favourite is a lady sitting on the fence of STA #18, visible from about 80 yds out if you play close to that fence.

Cheers!

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2022 11:53 AM

alosso:
    My favourite is a lady sitting on the fence of STA #18

Ah, yes, the "Five O'Clock" girls.  Two women sitting on the white fence, they appear when the clock behind the green is at 5:00.

I have been looking for them for a while but have not yet been able to get to the exact spot where they appear.  I have seen them but only from another's video cap and not personally.  When I finally capture them, I will surely post it here.

I did find the mailman, on the same hole, and posted it in this thread earlier on.

I have also debunked Yancy's "Gardner" and "Lady eating lunch on a bench", both on St. A's. The Gardner was a trash can and there is no lady on the bench. Further, the "man in the blue robe" is actually an electrical box.

Truth be told, some of Yancy's "sightings" were real but most were imaginative and never existed to begin with.

Never the less, it is fun to find new things as well as trying to confirm or debunk previous sightings.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Nov 10 2022 3:31 PM

Reviving an old debate:

I had posted this pic a while ago, claiming it was a ball marker.  

Some thought it may be a sprinkler head. Having remembered seeing some sprinkler heads on Chambers, I finally was able to grab this pic:

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2022 4:15 PM

More carts from Pinehurst - #15

First with cart, then no cart:

RSS