Forums

Help › Forums

TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER,

Sun, Jan 30 2022 7:24 PM (109 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 9:47 AM

@Robert and Scott;

Dodgy made a mistake. It happens. Don't judge someone by a few mistakes. He is a good guy.

ct

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 9:52 AM

Robert1893:

SamSpayed:
    WOW!  Did you seriously compare someone trolling the WGT Forums to people struggling with substance abuse?

Yes, he did.

While I basically chose not to address it, my internal response was the same as yours.

OK, just stop.

Before commenting any further,and letting this lead to bridges between people that will never be rebuilt....

Do the research about Trolls and why they behave the way they behave.

For what is worth, I agree with Dodgy. So, I guess that makes me low as well.

I only replied now because I am not going to let Dodgy be dumped on without some support.

One final comment, assuming HK is a troll, then this is exactly what he wanted.

He got Robert and me at each other, and Sam throwing barbs at Dodgy...that is what a troll lives for.....

So, keep feeding the toll.

I am done replying. Say what you will.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 9:52 AM

Robert1893:

Just as an aside, I think people should be very careful in suggesting anyone on here suffers from any type of mental illness. Most of us are not qualified to make such a determination. And those who are qualified would not (or should not) because they understand diagnosing someone they have not met and based solely on discussion board posts is fraught with difficulty. 

While discussion board posts as well as social media posts have potential for use in identifying mental illness in individuals, there are important limitations that have been noted in the research. 

Yes, in the past, I have been guilty of doing just that (i.e., suggesting certain players have so-called issues). But I was wrong to do so. It was wrong then and would be wrong now.

Just my 2 cents. Carry on. 

Just to be clear, I suffer no mental illness.  I will go further in say, its unfortunate that people want me banned for telling the truth.  The problem is not ME.  Its the people wrongly do not believe what I am saying.  I am a retired police officer.  I am i/c a covid enforcement team.  etc etc etc.  BLA BLA BLA.   But because they falsely think I am lying, they want me banned.  lol.  REALLY?  If WGT do follow through and ban me, I would have to laugh at THAT insanity.  Come on WGT don't fall into the trap of banning the wrong people, for doing absolutely nothing wrong.   Thank you.  HK

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 9:54 AM

HamdenPro:
    Your observed behavior does not necessarily lead to evidence that he can refrain, based on past ability to so.

Yes, actually it is. We have years of evidence with this poster. Past behavior can certainly be indicative of current abilities and future behavior. That's especially so because I was referring to very recent past behavior. 

HamdenPro:
    Ultimately, my point was, he should simply be ignored, no matter how difficult that is for you to do.

Why do you conclude that it is difficult for me to do? I have no difficult in ignoring henry. I haven't posted anything of substance about him in over a year (at least). Yes, I chose to in this thread. But that's anomalous and not normative. 

HamdenPro:
    I took that as a direct response to my prior reply and did not appreciate it.

Well, you had that one somewhat wrong. When I posted that, I was mostly thinking of dodgy's post not yours. 

But I didn't realize that there was an expiration of when posts could be referred or replied to. Still, if I had considered it, I would have thought one still had more than a couple of days. 

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 10:00 AM

HamdenPro:

One final comment, assuming HK is a troll, then this is exactly what he wanted.

He got Robert and me at each other, and Sam throwing barbs at Dodgy...that is what a troll lives for.

This illustrates exactly why WGTNico should step in.  But apparently Dodgy disagrees even with that.

DodgyPutter:

Lol, no hinting at all there.  Do you really think that makes a ban more likely to happen?

So much for being "a good guy" 🤣  Apparently, he'd rather support the troll.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 10:21 AM

SamSpayed:

DodgyPutter:

Lol, no hinting at all there.  Do you really think that makes a ban more likely to happen?

So much for being "a good guy" 🤣  Apparently, he'd rather support the troll.

You telling Nico what to do was the start of this, I think if he then did it that would set a terrible precedent.  You can, and I'm sure have, suggest it in a pm.  So why here?

It seems to me that the same people tried this before, to get someone in moderation completely banned, what happened then?

I'm not supporting anyone, I may be supporting the forum and the way, and by who, it's supervised. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 10:23 AM

HamdenPro:

Do the research about Trolls and why they behave the way they behave.

I see. I need to do research.

I've been on discussion boards since the early 90s. Even posted in the "wild west" of Usenet. I know what a troll is. Still, have to say, I believe I have even a better understanding now.

My responding = feeding the troll

Your responding = justified/legitimate and not feeding the troll

By the way, I'm not "at" anyone. I post dispassionately. I agree with some and disagree with others. Sometimes, it's the same person! But there's nothing wrong with that. And more to the point, a few months from now, I'll probably forget I disagreed with the person. To be fair, I'll probably forget who I agreed with as well. On some of this stuff, I have the memory of a goldfish. 😀

Regardless, if you feel I'm feeding the troll, that's fine. I can live with that. At least you're doing your part. 😉

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 10:23 AM

Hopefully this will be the last post in this thread before it is either locked or someone does something about the troll, but here's proof of the troll he is and his mission to wind people up; this was found on someone's wall:

I am told he is being watched, so maybe soon we will see the last of him.  :)

I would like to add that the person below is just as bad; this is on Henry's wall:

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 10:35 AM

DodgyPutter:
    You telling Nico what to do was the start of this, I think if he then did it that would set a terrible precedent.  You can, and I'm sure have, suggest it in a pm.  So why here?

Let's be clear on something, Dodgy.  I didn't tell Nico what to do, nor do I have that ability.  He is a WGT employee and I am not.  

If you actually read my post instead of just skimming it and jumping to conclusions, you'll see that I said I thought Nico would "do what he thinks is best".  If that's unclear to you, I can't help you.  

And, just for the record, I trust and accept Nico's judgment, and I did not send him a PM.  Not that that is any of your business.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 10:37 AM

SamSpayed:

DodgyPutter:

Robert1893:
    Yes, it has occurred to me that he cannot help it. I've dismissed the idea. Clearly, he has the ability to refrain and simply chooses to do otherwise.

Alcoholics! Why don't they chose not to drink? 

WOW!  Did you seriously compare someone trolling the WGT Forums to people struggling with substance abuse?

I always had respect for you, Dodgy (at least until now), but that's low even for you.

What are you doing with this?

Robert, who I addressed  this to replied.

I dismissed the notion because he has gone extended periods of not posting or replying like he does sometimes.

So, the reason I stated he clearly can refrain is he clearly has refrained.

Well the reason I used the analogy of an alcoholic was precisely because they can have periods away, the can refrain for a time, without being cured. 

I wasn't calling anyone an alcoholic, I wasn't belittling the disease and wouldn't.  Not only these with the disease but all those that know and love them suffer greatly because of it. I do know that.

Is it me that you want banned now, is that the plan?

RSS