Forums

Help › Forums

Unrealitic scores.

Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:46 AM (83 replies)
  • mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 2:11 PM

Downbylaw11- Try going to options and turn OFF the putting grid. You`ll still have the grid to set up your putt but, when you start your swing it will disappear thereby freeing up resources and giving you a Much smoother stroke. GL

• Downbylaw11
    16 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 2:30 PM

thank you, i will try this next time i play

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 7:11 PM

I am an on and off player here.  But I honestly think if you looked at the closest to the pin challenges and those scores you could see how you could consistently make some low rounds.  A little math for you.  Closest to the pin challenge winners right now for this month there are 39 people with scores under 81ft for nine locations.  That would give them putts of nine ft for nine holes.  I would imagine most people on here could make a majority lets say 60% of that distance putt.  Well if that was a stroke play round that would be 5 under.  Now lets say you have a good round you make 80% of those that is 7 under for that nine.  Double that up and you have 14 under....either 56 or 58. 

I have been on this site since the beginning played 422 rounds since June 09.  That is rounds I have posted a score.  I have probably played and additional 550 rounds in practice, mulitplayer or matchplay.  On my off days I will shoot somewhere between 65-61.  I have probably played every condition probably twenty times.  Not to many winds surprise me.  Now take Tibbets for example who is probably close to 3000 rounds on here I would say nothing is new to him.  He could tell you more about this game this the most the developers.  He could tell you off the top of his head how far each iron goes with each ball with every amount of bs or ts and on each hole.  Scores are not that unrealistic in that sense. 

Ahh enough said.

• Bravelight
    17 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 12:12 AM
    Maybe we should look back some years, when Deep Blue beated chess champion Kasparov. And Deep Blue didn´t understand the game of chess. Let´s hope, that more new courses will help, so WGT can mirror real golf a little more.
  • Downbylaw11
    16 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 12:23 AM

btw, i just wanted to clarify that i dont care if the scores are unrealistic, as long as people are doing it fairly.  if some guys have just practiced so much that they've solved these courses. then im absolutely fine with that.   however, multi accounting is not cool, and manipulating the game in some way to give you an unfair advantage is worse, so if anyone is secretly doing that, then..... well, they can go to hell lol

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 2:43 AM

Well, if we played a different course every week, that might keep the scores up .... it's practicing and playing on the same course and the same pin positions week after week that is getting the scores so low, not 'unrealism'

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 2:49 AM

Hi,

I agree with Slor - move the pins around a bit, and that would change things.

Other than that - I personally think its about as realistic as you can get, in the virtual world.

There are NO other games that are as realistic as WGT, even with its flaws.

Just my thoughts

Cheers Doug

• Bravelight
    17 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:34 AM
    One young golfer in my homeclub, a very talented guy, with a handicap close to scratch, has been playing for around 10 years on the same course. He knows every corner of the playing ground. He has played every possible pin placement. With more than thousand scorecards collected, and many hours on the range, he´s still fighting and happy when breaking 70. It is such an example I´m comparing with, when I see 7 players scoring in the fifthies and 7 more with 61 on their cards. In one single round. When will we see the players leave their putters in the locker, and hole out from outside the greens?
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:59 AM
    I agree BL. It is absoulutly rediculous the avgs. of some of these players. What it cores down to; they have nothing else. "Seriously". If I would have the time...3, 4, I'm sure, even 6 hrs. a day to sit around a computer game, then you know what. I would have a 57 avg too. I shoot par golf on WGT. I have fun just messin around. Sometimes I have a really good round (depending on weather conds.) lol, and I will shoot 3 / 4 under. But again, my avg. play time is 3 Hours "a WEEK"! Live life BL and play golf in the sun, not in your Living room, Dining room, Basement etc,etc.....LOL : )) edge
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 10:08 AM

Bravelight:
    One young golfer in my homeclub, a very talented guy, with a handicap close to scratch, has been playing for around 10 years on the same course. He knows every corner of the playing ground. He has played every possible pin placement. With more than thousand scorecards collected, and many hours on the range, he´s still fighting and happy when breaking 70. It is such an example I´m comparing with, when I see 7 players scoring in the fifthies and 7 more with 61 on their cards. In one single round. When will we see the players leave their putters in the locker, and hole out from outside the greens?

When a player in here hits the "excellent" bar 12 times in a round, then the shots goe where they are aimed and all is well.

On a real course, EVERY swing is different from the last one and there is almost no way for the casual golfer to consistantly hit a great shot in real life.

RSS