Forums

Help › Forums

Unrealitic scores.

Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:46 AM (83 replies)
  • Bravelight
    17 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:28 AM
    From the start of my participation, I found WGT a very fine and realistic game. But my interest is going to fade, because how realistic is scores in the late fifties. In the real golfworld, such scores is sensational. Are the programmers golfers? Please, give us a game with some more realism. Regards Bravelight.
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 8:29 AM

58, 59, is a little low, yes, but its no where near as bad as people shooting 42 on Tiger Woods Online, or on any Tiger Woods game for that matter.

If you look at the people who are shooting 50's you'll relize something........they've been here a while. Practice pays off bud.

stick with it

• Bravelight
    17 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:20 AM
    lilrob88 The more a game on our computers look like the real world, the more exciting it is. If the real stars on the PGA tour practised day and night, they would never deliver scores in the late fifties. Not even Tiger. The stars of WGT delivers low scores day in, day out. That makes our otherwise fine game (WGT), uninteresting. Best regards Bravelight.
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:23 AM

If the PGA tour, or for that matter, the entire collection of professional golfers worldwide who make their living playing the game of golf were regulated to play only two golf courses, week in and week out with the same exact pin locations, it is my belief that we would see scores in concert with what we see here delivered by WGT's very best players.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:37 AM

PGA superstars shoot in the 50's quite often actually. As a matter of fact I watched Rory Mcilroy (european tour star) shoot 58 in China. And he bogeyd 18 (a par 5, which was playing as the easiest hole on the course with a 4.11 avg)

Not sure if you are familar with the nationwide tour, but those boys are 1 step under the PGA and shoot some amazing scores.

As the ocassional small tour player myself Ive seen plenty of these unrealistic scores shot. its do-able, but unrealistic is a bad word choice. lets use the word fanatical.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:55 AM

Some of these scores are happening because the multi round t's are being played from the white tees. The 1st round of the monthly had low wind too so be ready for some crazy scores coming out.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:26 AM

There's a fine line between a computer game being too hard (and driving away potential players/customers) and being too easy.

Yes, the scoring may seem a bit un-realistic, but the vast majority of players don't shoot those types of scores (50's).

If you make the game too difficult, you'll end up driving away the casual player, which wouldn't be good for business for WGT, IMO.

• Bravelight
    17 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:25 PM

It could be nice to hear som advice  from the good players, regarding practicing and playing practice rounds. There are some good futorials on this site, but they are very short.

BTW, it is impressive to see the leader of the Dec. Multi Round Open shooting 57 in 1.st round, after beeing a member for a week. Congratulations.

• jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:50 PM

sorry lilrob88 i watch progolf association games a lot dont see many scores in the 50s in relation to matches played 60s yeah not 50s 12 and 13 underis after 4 rnds not 1

jimjam114

• jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 2:56 PM

give players without a lot of money a desent driver and three wood then they can play on an almost even playing field with wtg clubs from pro tee on beth blak par 4s are three shots to the green ican use crap clubs from kmart and drive 250 this is real not

needs work here not all can affored clubs but master teir without them is near imposible

jimjam114

RSS