Forums

Help › Forums

Unrealitic scores.

Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:46 AM (83 replies)
  • geeDub
    41 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 4:45 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/06/19/sports/sports-of-the-times-john-daly-reaches-the-unreachable-green.html

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 4:26 PM

5419:

Snaike:
    So, please provide a name and event so we can verify.  Thanks

I am afraid we are getting some urban legends. 

Urban legend? lol. Feeling silly yet?

79 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 7:15 PM

SLASHX:

speak no ill, and your lord and God will forgive you for everything

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:57 PM

5419:

SLASHX:

speak no ill, and your lord and God will forgive you for everything

keep this to yourself thx chippy

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:29 PM

A THOUGHT i read play the same coarse, same pin placements etc,blah blah. take top 100 pga players, they play different coarses, different pin placements &still shoot low 60`s on a good day.WAKE UP its called tallent some have it some dont. its the same with this game too

happy times all chippy

79 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 7:56 AM

chipshotcharlie:
    low 60`s on a good day

But not everyday

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 8:45 AM

You know I have been a member now for a few months and have achived the level of pro. I shoot around par most of the time with the occasional round in the 60's. I have to laugh at all of the folks so worried about making master. I love to play this game and have played against and beaten some very good players. I realize I have no chance in any of the tournements but thats ok by me. I have to much to do in real life to practice the amount of time it would take to get to the level some players have achived. I don't make my living playing golf even though at one time I considered it. I will not ever feed my family playing WTG but I find it very relaxing and enjoyable as long as I keep it in perspective. I have met some fine people whom I enjoy playing with. We have some very spirited matches and I really enjoy the competetion. I spend money here on club upgrades, balls etc to support the site. I hope it continues to operate and flourish. I say all of that to say this "are the scores unrealistic, probably" but to tell you the truth it just dont matter to me. I am having fun and that my friends is the bottom line. Hack, amature, pro or maaster. I just want to play golf with friends and have a good time and along the way if I shoot a 66 I would be a happy golfer.

Happy Holidays

Ken Wood

aka Kwoody94

• geeDub
    41 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2009 9:52 AM

kwoody94:

.... but to tell you the truth it just dont matter to me. I am having fun and that my friends is the bottom line. Hack, amature, pro or maaster. I just want to play golf with friends and have a good time and along the way if I shoot a 66 I would be a happy golfer.

Happy Holidays

Ken Wood

aka Kwoody94

Ken,

This is the BEST reply to this entire thread.  Thanks for telling the truth about what this whole thing is.......PLAY-ing .  :)  

~Gear  aka geeDub 

ps.....are the servers for production of SmOOther swing meter ordered yet?   ;)

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 4:12 PM

SweetiePie:
    When one is faced with the chore of intellengently being able to make sense out of a profit /loss statement, one thing is always clear. No matter how many times the numbers are fiddled with or how many times you re-do them, a bottom line must be addressed. Here, the bottom line is Tibbets. Everything else is just silly conversation.

i agree to a point but id love to see top 20 masters scores posted for there first 20 games on st andrews stroke play when it is released.i think the results will open ppls eyes up,as this will seperate tallent or sandbager.

i would suggest more than top20 but think the results will speak for themselves

gg chipshotcharlie

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 4:51 AM

chipshotcharlie:

i agree to a point but id love to see top 20 masters scores posted for there first 20 games on st andrews stroke play when it is released.i think the results will open ppls eyes up,as this will seperate tallent or sandbager.

i would suggest more than top20 but think the results will speak for themselves

Goto the ladders site and pickup games with the top 20 guys there. Youll be surprised but not in the way you think!

RSS