Forums

Help › Forums

Farewell to Flash

Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:26 PM (105 replies)
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:41 PM

Many good memories from over 10 years playing this daft game.

Andyson, YJ, Jimbog, PaulTon from the forum heydays.

The various forum-based predictor comps I'd run on here over the years.

Abiding memory though is chatting on Skype whilst playing from 8/9pm on a Friday evening straight through till stupid o'clock (7am one time) on a Saturday morning with friends from around the globe from the now defunct Bridgestone Country Club. One particular time I recall was when a certain SteveReilly had a shot to play during an alternate shot game. All attempts to get his attention were met with loud Zzz's as he'd apparently fell asleep, face down, with his slabber-sodden cheek 'welded' to his keyboard :)

Thanks for the memories to one et al - hopefully catch up with some over on the kinky gear version.

• iKev
    366 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:45 PM

I've enjoyed meeting some wonderful people while playing this silly game.

But my favorite memory involves my recovery from some major surgery.  I was bed ridden and playing this game and chatting with friends while playing helped pass some very trying days.  

I've been playing the new one for about 6 months now, and I enjoy it as well.  But, there are so many great memories from the Flash version that I'll always treasure.

• JDGHOST
    6,782 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:51 PM

To be honest to narrow it down to one memory would be tough although I have not been here nearly as long as most of you that commented...I have NEVER missed even 1 day since the first day I stumbled  upon WGT...(Streak approaching 1300 days) I was bit hard by the bug!! .... I have to say to be lucky enough to take over ownership of The Founders Club and be a part of building one of the Top clubs on WGT (IMHO) ... But my BEST WGT memory (although I wouldn't call it a "Memory" just yet) Is the MANY good people and friends I have made...And yes some have become genuine FRIENDS ...Just as close in many ways as friends we come to know in person!! In a few months I will be moving from Upstate NY to Las Vegas and I intend to make stops on the way at no less then 3 or 4 long time WGT friends to meet shake hands and say hello over a cup of coffee all due to WGT......."Priceless"!!

Also agree with Josh... Bye bye to flash scores heading up!! 

JD👻

• phipster
    4,443 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 3:00 PM

Memories of the WGT Flash version?

First time I cracked 70

First time I cracked 65

First time I cracked 60

and now on the new WGT app version

First time I cracked 70....

Tee Hee

• Nancy1959
    7,061 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 3:04 PM

Like many have said before me, I have too many good memories to list just one "best."

This Friday will mark my eight year anniversary on WGT.  I remember in the early years when there were only the free starter balls and cheap WGT balls to play with.  The best clubs available were the "Ping Raptures."

When WGT came out with the $3.00 Calloway balls, it made a huge difference in everyone's ability to shoot lower scores.  I have to laugh now at the public outcry of how expensive those balls were....and yet most people bought them because it brought a lot more enjoyment to the game.  Personally, I was happy to pay for them to have the meter slow down a lot and be able to control the spin and distance better.

We also didn't have very many course options to play way back then and I remember fondly each and every one of the new courses that were added since those early days.  I also remember the exuberance after each and every one of my 674 hole in ones.

I will miss the flash version, mainly because after over 54,000 ranked rounds on the flash version, I know that I will have a big learning curve to play the new version and it will seem like I will have to learn how to play all over again.  But I'm going to give it my best so that I can continue to enjoy playing this game.

Hugs, Nancy

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 3:08 PM

best memory is being asked to head "Electra" CC way back when, not long after CC`s were 1st made available...and then taking the reins of "Aphrodite" after the unfortunate demise of "Electra"...Aphrodite was created with the same family members from Electra and most are still here today

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 4:04 PM

Nancy, there really isn’t much difference in game play from the flash to PCEA version. I’ve been playing the PCEA for a few months now and I find that the ball flies just as far as it did in the flash version. All my course notes work just as good as they did playing in flash. The biggest difference I found as far as game play was the putting. However, WGT has added the classic version in settings so it matches the flash putting dot speed very close.

My biggest complaint is all the menus you have to go through just to get to a ranked round, or your CC’s games. If you can overcome all of that I think you will like the PCEA version just a little bit better as far as game play. The rest needs a lot of work.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 4:37 PM

December 17th, 2016 if I remember right.

It was winter... winter blues had set in... cold dark days were there to stay for a few weeks in the small mountain town I lived in... I needed distraction... It had been years since I had an old PC that would actually play Microsoft golf, and I realized I was missing virtual golf... I started looking on line for some kind of golf game to play, when I remembered a friend "liking" WGT golf on Facebook... What the hell, I'll give it a shot... Had I known you couldn't change your name, I wouldn't have let WGT choose it for me during my trial LOL... And I was hooked... Right from the start. I love this game and I still do! Are you telling me I can play in real time against players from around the world? I can compete in tournaments with thousands of participants from around the world? I can chat on my phone with a new found friend in Chicago while playing Bethpage Black? This game is awesome!

Here's to a Happy New Year for my WGT family! 🍺🍺

Cheers

Brett

• flicklives
    33 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 4:44 PM

Wow .....great game , great people . Really gonna miss it.

Been missing easy putts for over 10 years :)

I guess my one HIO stands out. Game really helped me get through 

a stressful job, and I have enjoyed it much in retirement. 

I'll play the new version, but I know it wont be the same.  Stay safe everybody.

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 5:37 PM

phipster:

Memories of the WGT Flash version?

First time I cracked 70

First time I cracked 65

First time I cracked 60

and now on the new WGT app version

First time I cracked 70....

Tee Hee

Try Best of Par 3 easy settings. might get all in one shot and call it a successful transition 😂😂😂

RSS