Forums

Help › Forums

Farewell to Flash

Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:26 PM (105 replies)
  • WGTweb
    27 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 6:00 PM

ScottHope:

are we going to lose the 'old style' WGT.com when you switch flash off?

Yup, the new design will finally be the only design.

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 6:06 PM

WGTChampion:

Today is the final day of flash. 

Tonight at 10pm Pacific the Flash game will be removed. 

In celebration of WGT on Flash I'm giving away some free stuff. 

To win this free stuff, please comment your favorite WGT memories. 

I'll be picking my favorites, and some at random, to win some free stuff. 

The only catch is that you'll have to redeem the free stuff from your inbox in the PCEA or mobile application. 

_CHAMPION 

So it is wgt removing the game not Adobe, would it be too hard for wgt just to swith to html5 like other online games did back in 2019, so the players wouldn't be inconvenienced. Now you will lose many players.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 6:24 PM

I had a few good memories...

1. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/45343751  Back when I did a few of these on Saturday's, this happened..

2. Andyson's videos and magazines were funny as heck.

3. WGTpizza... I need not say more :)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 6:31 PM

WGTicon:

I had a few good memories...

1. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/45343751  Back when I did a few of these on Saturday's, this happened..

2. Andyson's videos and magazines were funny as heck.

3. WGTpizza... I need not say more :)

The Sasquatch Hunt.

Opy found it on Bethpage after many years

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 7:02 PM

I m in this game from long time so I have tons of good memories.. I never played real golf and I never saw a golf course for real.. I Don t watch golf on TV and I cannot consider me  a  true fan of golf.. I prefer other sports. Why I m here? I m still looking for an answer but what wgt gave me in the time is something amazing.. I meet lot of people and I had the opportunity to meet players in real life. Anyway If I should pick one great moment in wgt I think The best one was the Ryder cup played for Europe team in 2018.. Unfortunately we lost but it was long time since 2 Italians didn't take part in this event..

• d3194
    211 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 7:06 PM

Thanks for all you've done.  My fav. was every game i've played and won.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 7:17 PM

My best memory is actually two - the support I received from the customer support folks when I first started playing some two years ago and the introduction of the Wolf Creek course.

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 7:22 PM

As many others have stated, way too many to mention, but I will say the last 8 Years have been absolutely wonderful! From making new Friend's in Finny's World Cup, my Alt-Shot World Challenge, as well as the Inter CC Matches and not to mention the relationship's gathered within our Country Club.

It has been a great ride with the Flash version, and looking forward to seeing what new adventures we will get from the New Version.

Cheers to the WGT Staff, and looking forward to many more great Competition's abroad!

Thank You,

Topper

• DanC2807
    945 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 7:33 PM

Gonna miss the ease of play on Flash.  The familiarity.   Many fun times in the last almost 9 years.     Best times have been hitting with my East Coast mates and other friends.  

Finny's World Cup the last few years has been a joy only realized by the hard work of so many.  Playing Mags 3 years ago in the Finals was a blast.   

We'll adjust.  If we love the game, we'll make a good go of it going forward.  

Give us replays :)

Keep making the game better.

dan

• jacktrade51
    10,900 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 7:35 PM

When I was a TP nearly 7 years ago and we were doing an AS tournament on Merion ... the best player in the club took me on as a partner.  I'm a new guy in WGT and in club; thrilled to have a partner.  I aced Merion #9 to win the match.

Tom.

RSS