Forums

Help › Forums

Farewell to Flash

Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:26 PM (105 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 9:52 AM

Today is the final day of flash. 

Tonight at 10pm Pacific the Flash game will be removed. 

In celebration of WGT on Flash I'm giving away some free stuff. 

To win this free stuff, please comment your favorite WGT memories. 

I'll be picking my favorites, and some at random, to win some free stuff. 

The only catch is that you'll have to redeem the free stuff from your inbox in the PCEA or mobile application. 

_CHAMPION 

• tris105
    2 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:00 AM

I remember when the avatar for online and mobile were the same. They both swung the same. Now mobile just isn't the same. The avatar for mobile has horse legs. Hahaha.

Cheers,

Tris105

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:03 AM

Well it been one hell of a ride, this Jan will be my 10th year anniversary with WGT. I am looking forward to another 10+ in the NV.

I have so many memories that its hard to pick out a favorite.

Gary ( Woodo) 

• MarshallMatlock
    27 Posts

Champ, thanks for all the work your team put into creating the NV, excited to watch our community grow as features continue to be added to expand the game on mobile platforms as well as PC. Happy New Year!

My favorite memories usually come from the live events but I still chuckle every time I think about Ullman On Ice. It’s amazing watching what the top players can do even in the most inhospitable conditions. Looking forward to more in 2021! 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts

Hopefully the ability to find multiplayer games will return once flash has been removed and all are on the same format of play.  Otherwise it will only be a memory of yesteryear.   And of what the game used to be(social).

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:05 AM

Thank god! Let's move on to bigger and better!

Guess it'll be the only thing I will remember of the Flash version. 

The back and forth between old and new version.

Let's go with Unity!

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:05 AM

Thanks for the reminder and for letting us know the exact time of removal.

My favorite memories are numerous, too many to mention.  But one I'll always remember was in the World Alt-Shot Challenge (community-organized) event a couple years ago.  My partner and I were way outclassed (we were lowly Legends playing against Champions) and were 2 DN with 3 holes to play on Chambers Bay B9.  We started throwing darts and making putts and our opponents froze up a little.  We ended up winning the last 3 holes, ending the match with a 14-foot birdie on #18 when our opponents lipped out their birdie putt.  Biggest and most unexpected comeback we've ever had.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:06 AM

Like many of us oldies on here, I'll never forget Dennis (Andyson). He did so many wonderful things it's hard to pick just one, but possibly my favourite is the Turbo Encabulator.

Indelible memories, thank you Dennis.  ; )

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:15 AM

My all time fav, sorry & sorry John

Ken

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 10:19 AM

RSS