Farewell to Flash

Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:26 PM (105 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 11:53 AM

opyeuclid:
    findings with Team Yancy

Beat me to it my old friend...

Searching for Sasquatch on Bethpage ( a long FUN journey it was )

Easter Egg Hunting on Pinehurst and

Sign Searching on Chambers Bay (never truly ended as #9 has us all baffled)

Don

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 12:00 PM

My memorable moment 

"When I got banned for no reason" :) :) 

- Carl 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 12:09 PM

The good folks I've met on flash doing Match Play & skins and then mobile during coin games and eventually even some that you match often in brackets. Good game all around in all the platforms. 

• oldtommoore1
    29 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 12:24 PM

my 1 and only hole in one

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 12:36 PM

My favorite moment is when my wife told me she had found a golf game on the net to play. I was really excited about it. This was 8 years ago and I'm still enjoying it--WGT.

Thank you WGT !     Gary

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 12:36 PM

I have been on here just a little over 11 years and I would have to say my favorite memory is my first Double Eagle. I was playing is a Ready Go on the front 9 @ St. Andrews and not really doing that well. I was missing too many birdie putts, I came to # 9 just hoping to drive the green and make the eagle putt to at least salvage a decent score. I drove the green all right, it rolled and rolled and went in the hole for a hole-in-one Double Eagle, I was so excited I don't think I could have played another hole and not clicked way too early, it turns out that at that time it was just the 50th Double Eagle reported,  I still watch the replay from time to time and yes I recorded it a few weeks ago so I'll always have it unless I have a total PC failure, 

One of the highlights back in my early days of WGT before Putter Pal was learning to putt using Avatar movements, Using a female avatar because it seamed that the female avatar movements were more logical. Or was it just a desperate attempt to putt better, IF that was the reason it didn't work. My putting is still the worst part of my game. 

Another highlight is because I was able to make a lot of credits taking surveys is to have been Santa in quite a few of the 12 Days of Christmas and Christmas in July. It was quite rewarding being able to help many players, 

I keep remembering things that I didn't put in my original post. I have met so many great people like YJ ,Dennis and many of my CC members but the one that really stands out for me is Lily (SweetiePie), All of us who knew her miss her dearly, We don't know for sure but we fear that cancer got her, 

Joe

• TSOULARA
    174 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 12:59 PM

To all them virtual golfers that left us, but before they left their mark to their clubs & to our hearts.

And also to them golfers that became friends and its a great  pleasure to coexist with them in daily Basis. 

Cheers!

George.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 1:05 PM

WGTChampion:
    please comment your favorite WGT memories

My favorite memory is always of the night before, getting on Skype, putting on the headset and playing with very good friends in Australia, Tennessee, New York, Texas and other parts of the world, enjoying the conversation and camaraderie that has kept me coming back for way over 2000 consecutive days, and will continue to do so!

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 1:17 PM

The CourteneyFish Pony Tournament.

For the newbies, CourteneyFish was the long time owner of The Peoples Club. She was our owner from October of 2012 until I took over in November of 2015.  She was very active in the WGT Forums and back in the day (Still on the top 10 list of all time posters even though she has been gone from WGT since February of 2016).

Back in those days, you and other Mods would often solicit opinions from players and in one of her typical short replies to posts, just wrote: "All I want is a pony." She wrote that SOOOO many times it was an inside joke among all us old timers.

Two months before she left WGT, you created the CourteneyFish Pony Tournament with pony tee markers in just the way to test Courteney's resolve. It was off the easy tees - something Courteney despised and did not allow more then one running at any time in our CC. 

None-the-less, she played, as did I and many of our members. When I earned the award for finishing that tournament, it showed up on the top of my trophies wall on my profile so I vowed never to play another WGT sponsored Tournament.  Just so that award would stay there indefinitely. 

Very fond memory and thanks for setting it up - I was going to post a hyperlink to the final standings but my browser is acting up on me....

Easy Ed

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 1:24 PM

My favorite part has been meeting WGT members over the years, with a special thanks to the Cascadia Club, Shewolf GC, and the Nice and Friendly Club.

RSS