Forums

Help › Forums

Farewell to Flash

Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:26 PM (105 replies)
  • amb1923
    223 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 1:42 PM

10.5 years ago, I stumbled across WGT on the Open Championship website. I've been here most days since then, trying to get at least one round in and enjoying (most of) them. I'll miss Flash, but like the new version.

A couple favorite memories:

• My first hole-in-one (#3 Bethpage) and watching it over and over and over on replay :)
    • The first time I beat a Legend in Match Play (as a lowly Tour Pro)
    • My first weekly tournament win (took a screen shot of the leaderboard!)
    • All the great people I've met on here - through my CC, match play, and now the showdowns
    • Every time a new course came out (still my favorite thing)

Thanks for making and maintaining a great game

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 1:52 PM

Favorite memory is today.  The day flash ended.  Lets see those scores rise

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 1:58 PM
    My favourite is that I played it for the first time last week to try it before it ends. Played game modes I never have, met new players. I can see why people will miss it as it has its own “character”. RIP.
  • WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 1:59 PM

Been playing the desktop version for the last 9 years and it has been great fun.

Over the years I've been in a variety of Country Clubs, some very tight tourneys, and some really enjoyable Alternate Shot games with some fine players worldwide.

My one big memory must be the "jerky meter syndrome".

Will it jerk, won't it jerk ?

Clear my cache or just leave it ?

Clean out my cookies or leave them ?

Or maybe, I was just imagining it ?

The number of times I've wanted to put my fist through the monitor ! ! !

lol

BUT ...... wgt has kept me out of the pub, kept me sane and my ability to do the maths is out of this world.

Thanks and good bye desktop - hello and welcome mobile version.

And a very Happy New Year (and a Thank You) to all at wgt.

WillieSinkit (a struggling old Legend).

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:00 PM

JSmithers:

Favorite memory is today.  The day flash ended.  Lets see those scores rise

Contest OVER !!!

Done.. Finished !!

And the winner is... LOL

Don

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:08 PM

My best memory is being in the World Cup Finals 4 years in a row! We won it twice when I was with Wooden Tees. We were Finalists once with The Beat Ranch and then the year after that (2020!) we won it. The best part was just getting to know so many great players of the game over the years. And if I was able to give a tip or two to someone, it was a joy and pleasure to do so! And I was always grateful for the tips I got from others. Helping each other and having a great time - that's what this game is about. Cheers, Tom

• chunter26
    219 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:10 PM

I Have been here since June of 2009. It has been a great ride. Curious what tomorrow will bring.

Chuck

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:26 PM

My favorite memory is the Dove balls--they helped me learn alot about using better balls---wish i still had some of them--i have been here since Dec 2010

• AmirInTexas
    692 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:35 PM

I love the new game even better.  Thank you WGTchampion!

• rettenden
    180 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 2:37 PM

finding this golf game,also seeing the great work that gogf has done.thanks to ceverett 12 and many others.

RSS