Forums

Help › Forums

Comments about HENRY KAWA

Wed, Jun 7 2023 6:47 PM (166 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2020 3:19 PM

ct690911:
    Henry, I called you a clown; I owe an apology to clowns.

LMAO.....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 7:50 AM

callaghan159:

ct690911:
    Henry, I called you a clown; I owe an apology to clowns.

Thank you CT and Callaghan for the apology.  I knew you had it in you to 'do the right thing'.   

You are a great man for doing so.  Some people can never apologize.  Admission  of wrongdoing are incredibly threatening for non-apologists because they have trouble separating their actions from their character. If they did something bad, they must be bad people; if they were neglectful, they must be fundamentally selfish and uncaring; if they were wrong, they must be ignorant or stupid, etc. Therefore, apologies represent a major threat to their basic sense identity and self esteem.   

Apologizing might open the door to guilt for most of us, but for non-apologists, it can instead open the door to shame. While guilt makes us feel bad about our actions, shame makes non-apologists feel bad about their selves—who they are—which is what makes shame a far more toxic emotion than guilt.  While most of us consider apologies as opportunities to resolve interpersonal conflict, non-apologists may fear their apology will only open the floodgates to further accusations and conflict. Once they admit to one wrongdoing, surely the other person will pounce on the opportunity to pile on all the previous offenses for which they refused to apologize as well.

By refusing to apologize, non-apologists are trying to manage their emotions. They are often comfortable with anger, irritability, and emotional distance, and experience emotional closeness and vulnerability to be extremely threatening. They fear that lowering their guard even slightly will make their psychological defenses crumble and open the floodgates to a well of sadness and despair that will pour out of them, leaving them powerless to stop it. They might be correct. However, they are incorrect in assuming that exhibiting these deep and pent-up emotions (as long as they get support, love, and caring when they do—which fortunately, is often the case) will be tramatic and damaging. Opening up in such a way is often incredibly therapeutic and empowering, and it can lead them to experience far deeper emotional closeness and trust toward the other person, significantly deepening their relationship satisfaction.

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 1:44 PM

7x14 clown crusty GIF on GIFER - by Andromanin

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 1:47 PM

gif] An update from the Supernatural Fandom...I'm going to miss the S9  finale!! :'O So I'm going to be on pins an… | The end is near, Gravity  falls, The simpsons

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 1:49 PM

GIF simpsons funny why is this so hard - animated GIF on GIFER

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 1:52 PM

YOU ARE NEEDED ON THIS THREAD HENRY .

Get your name down .

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 3:28 PM

HenryKawa:

You are a great man for doing so.  Some people can never apologize.  Admission  of wrongdoing are incredibly threatening for non-apologists because they have trouble separating their actions from their character. If they did something bad, they must be bad people; if they were neglectful, they must be fundamentally selfish and uncaring; if they were wrong, they must be ignorant or stupid, etc. Therefore, apologies represent a major threat to their basic sense identity and self esteem.   

Apologizing might open the door to guilt for most of us, but for non-apologists, it can instead open the door to shame. While guilt makes us feel bad about our actions, shame makes non-apologists feel bad about their selves—who they are—which is what makes shame a far more toxic emotion than guilt.  While most of us consider apologies as opportunities to resolve interpersonal conflict, non-apologists may fear their apology will only open the floodgates to further accusations and conflict. Once they admit to one wrongdoing, surely the other person will pounce on the opportunity to pile on all the previous offenses for which they refused to apologize as well.

By refusing to apologize, non-apologists are trying to manage their emotions. They are often comfortable with anger, irritability, and emotional distance, and experience emotional closeness and vulnerability to be extremely threatening. They fear that lowering their guard even slightly will make their psychological defenses crumble and open the floodgates to a well of sadness and despair that will pour out of them, leaving them powerless to stop it. They might be correct. However, they are incorrect in assuming that exhibiting these deep and pent-up emotions (as long as they get support, love, and caring when they do—which fortunately, is often the case) will be tramatic and damaging. Opening up in such a way is often incredibly therapeutic and empowering, and it can lead them to experience far deeper emotional closeness and trust toward the other person, significantly deepening their relationship satisfaction.

Oh man Do I need my bong. I could us a few drinks after reading part of this rubbish.  Wish the liquor store was open.🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 3:30 PM

craigswan:

7x14 clown crusty GIF on GIFER - by Andromanin

Craig giving Henry some lessons. 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 4:18 PM

callaghan159:
    rubbish. 

Sending you a PM .

OPY

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2020 10:31 PM

callaghan159:
    Oh man Do I need my bong. I could us a few drinks after reading part of this rubbish.
    Don't blame Henry. He "borrowed" the whole text from his doctor. Alas, the continuous treatment to cure him from "spending days marvelling at his mirror image" is as unsuccessful as the one to get rid of "adorning himself with borrowed plumes".

Not to speak about non-apologism...

RSS