Forums

Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 8:08 AM

The Panel has to sort out the friends green n red lights. Without this, the social aspect (Especially Alt game) are a let down. Aa far as iam concerned, Motorway is bit far from my home to see the actual lights. Please do the needful. 

- Carl 

• Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 8:24 AM

I am sorry for the loss and disruption this will bring to our virtual world but I am glad we finally know where its all going. I was a hard-core flash player for years and I couldn't have imagined liking something different but when PCEA arrived, I could see the handwriting on the wall and I began making an effort to change. It didn't come easy. I hated it at first. Some six or eight months later, I launch exclusively from Steam and I wouldn't go back if I had the choice. I hope everyone who is considering quitting WGT will reconsider and give the new version one more try. If you don't like the arcade type games or look, you don't need to play it. The Steam site has a nifty Community page offering several communication options including text and voice chat. It may simplify things for clubs that find it necessary to use additonal chat apps like Discord, Skype and Team Speak.

• Easy1955
    262 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 9:18 AM

hi ... yea same here, appox that amount of time. Does this mean that going over to Steam we will have to start all over again at hack level ? or do we keep our status ? I'm so very confused about all this ... and old ...lol ... 

Good luck peeps ... 

Marty ( Easy ) 

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 9:20 AM

Slimjim001:
    I hope everyone who is considering quitting WGT will reconsider and give the new version one more try.

Perhaps mobile on a tablet, maybe.

Slimjim001:
    If you don't like the arcade type games or look, you don't need to play it.

Although the avatar looks silly, that's not the problem. For a list of problems with the PCEA game many forums exist with comments and suggestions. The meter is the main problem, but putting dots, putting indicator, wind indicator, and wasted time through superfluous clicking are also problematic.

If I was a player that didn't play competitive paid credit tournaments and was quite happy playing purely for social reasons it wouldn't matter.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 9:40 AM

Moin Champ, moin all

It´s good to hear that all players will come together again on one plattform soon.

My wish for the new version is: Please, dont make it too complicated. Many players (like me for example) just want to enter the site and play the game. Others (like me for example) are completely computer legastenics. Some other (like me for example) act here in a foreighn language. Ok, there are translaters. But often it gets hard to translate the translation then.

At least, there is the expirience that as more complicated a program is, as more faults come in by the time. Bugs, issues, surprizes after downtimes... I guess you know what I mean.

Just my nickle. I am looking forward to next year. Greetings from East Frisia!

- Friedel -

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 9:47 AM

Slimjim001:

I am sorry for the loss and disruption this will bring to our virtual world but I am glad we finally know where its all going. I was a hard-core flash player for years and I couldn't have imagined liking something different but when PCEA arrived, I could see the handwriting on the wall and I began making an effort to change. It didn't come easy. I hated it at first. Some six or eight months later, I launch exclusively from Steam and I wouldn't go back if I had the choice. I hope everyone who is considering quitting WGT will reconsider and give the new version one more try. If you don't like the arcade type games or look, you don't need to play it. The Steam site has a nifty Community page offering several communication options including text and voice chat. It may simplify things for clubs that find it necessary to use additonal chat apps like Discord, Skype and Team Speak.

Well said. Same. 

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 9:51 AM

Oh, and what I nearly forgot to say: Also if there are surprizes from time to time, and maybe not all you do works from the first second on: You guys are doing a great job. Thank you!

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 11:39 AM

EasyEdward:

5) Green reverse view for approach shots

Switch to putter. Cycle through the camera view twice, and you will have the reverse view from the pin. This  works everywhere except from the tee box.

Brett

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 12:28 PM

EasyEdward:
    1) To be able to play a specific one hole practice game in a non-coin room setting rather then 3 random holes now.  It is a great way when traveling or during power outages to keep your CDP alive and also to map new clubs.

+1

I've been always wondering why this has to be 3 holes.

And more practice green speed options (13+) would be nice, too.

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 8:14 PM

Been a Member since 2011 and I was "one" of those die-hard flash players. Decided to get an early jump on PCEA because it was easy to see flash was rapidly fading away. It was painful and frustrating at first but after a couple of months or so I began to see improvements in my game. Fast forward to today - I have not played a round on flash in 3 months by choice! It's hard to describe in comparison to flash, but, PCEA just seems like a much smoother version of flash. If you really love this game, you wont give it up just because flash is being discontinued. In the PCEA version, WGT lives on.

PS/ Most rewarding to me has been really having to work and do my homework to improve and becoming an even better player than I was on flash. I have surpassed my goal and this train ride has just begun!

RSS