Forums

Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,122 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 6:12 AM

JD, regarding your problem with the formatting of posts, what browser are you using, Chrome?

Anyway, I see that you have AdBlock Plus running so I might have a temporary solution for you.

In the forum post header you will see the text  WGT Nation Member and above that is an image placeholder, can you right click on that image placeholder and add it to AdBlock Plus from the right click menu. I think the text associated with that image is expanding the post header and covering up the first line of text in peoples posts. If you block that image placeholder and text with AdBlock Plus then the post header should resume its normal size.

• garyk49
    2,316 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 7:52 AM

Scott and possibly JD.  I was seeing this on all browsers using win7.  I checked Chrome, Firefox and Edge and it no longer happens.  The only browser that I see it still happening with is Torch.  I redownloaded and changed from Torch to Edge and all is well.

On my win10 machine, using Edge and Firefox I don't see it happening at all.  That is why in another post, I thought that is was a win7 thing only.

I think WGT changed something to make it stop happening on some browsers using win7.  I had not made any changes to my system.

It can't be a flash issue as I don't even have flash installed on the win10 unit.  Besides flash is not be used anymore on the WGT.com pages. now that they are all changed the https.

• ScottHope
    10,122 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 8:06 AM

Hmmm, I don't see the WGT Nation flag in Win10, Win7, Chrome and Edge.

https://securewgt-a.akamaihd.net/assets/community/images/wgt/nation/wgtnation_pennant_icon.png?0.135.7654_1064

Does the above URL show an image in your browser Gary?

• garyk49
    2,316 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 8:11 AM

ScottHope:

Hmmm, I don't see the WGT Nation flag in Win10, Win7, Chrome and Edge.

https://securewgt-a.akamaihd.net/assets/community/images/wgt/nation/wgtnation_pennant_icon.png?0.135.7654_1064

Does the above URL show an image in your browser Gary?

Don't know Scott, every way I try to use that link, I get not found.  And as I said, I no longer see it in Chrome, using 7.  And never saw it using win10.

• ScottHope
    10,122 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 8:19 AM

That is the URL for the WGT Nation Flag in the forum post header. It ain't showing because it don't exist.

There is one on our profile page, but that image has a different URL.

• garyk49
    2,316 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 9:14 AM

Let me try to explain this Scott.  What happened was one day after WGT had made an update.  The nation flag suddenly had 3 lines of text, along with a place holder for the flag.  The flag no longer showed, in its place was a place holder.  I had been using Torch for some time as is worked very well with the forum pages and the site.  All of a sudden it did not work correctly anymore, nothing else(as far am I am aware of) changed on my end.  Both chrome and firefox had stopped handling flash correctly, but torch still handled it very well, just as slimjet handled it well for the game client.

As I checked my win10 machine, it worked just fine, but I was using edge on that machine.  I had dumped edge on this win7 machine(as it had stopped working correctly, and updated, even as I had updates turned off) as I had downloaded it as a beta before edge was even supposed to work with 7.  In a different thread I was told edge worked just fine as far as this problem was concerned.  I redownloaded edge and tried it, it worked just fine.  I switched from Torch to Edge as my default and all has been well.  This is why I was no longer seeing the problem.  It has never been a problem for me on 10, that was why I thought it was only a 7 problem.

The farther we get away from 7 end of life, I am running into more strange problems with 7.

This is probably gonna be a moot point after tomorrow anyway.  We will all be running our computers differently.

• ScottHope
    10,122 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 9:23 AM

There's no need to explain anything Gary, if the flag is there great, if not, well...we know what it looks like.

JD is the one with the issue as the missing flag is causing the post header to block some text.

Waiting for his response now.  ; )

• JDGHOST
    6,795 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 2:26 PM

ScottHope:

There's no need to explain anything Gary, if the flag is there great, if not, well...we know what it looks like.

JD is the one with the issue as the missing flag is causing the post header to block some text.

Waiting for his response now.  ; )

Scott my friend so what you are telling me is that  I'm the only one seeing this? WELL don't I feel the fool 😲 I thought that everyone is seeing what I see? Well if that's not  the case I can only say it started for me after the update just before the last one we had hmmm... I'm on chrome (as I always have been) I will try another browser ...

UPDATE: Tried 3 browsers Chrome,Maxthon and Brave all the same result...So know one else see's what I see below? Also I am running Windows 10...

Also as far as right clicking on the placeholder and blocking it thru "Brave" that worked great but only on the post I was trying it on ...Another words I have to do that to "Each" post individually argggg   lol But ty as always You always come up with something Mr "Hall of famer"

I just wonder why this all of sudden is happening to me?

JD

NEW UPDATE: Problem solved... (On Chrome anyway) And that's good enuff for me Thanks Scott !! 👍

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 3:11 PM

A FEW MORE DAYS OF FLASH!

This is my view on what will happen in 2021.  I hope I'm right.

Adobe said they are not supporting Flash any more.  If its like what Microsoft has done in the past with their operating systems, I believe we will still be able to use flash as we have done in the past.   The only thing that changes is Adobe will no longer support the program with updates or fixes, etc.    I am still operating Windows 7 and I have another system on Windows XP that I use for building HTML Webpages using Microsoft Front Page.  I didn't upgrade my webpage building system from XP because Front Page is not compatible with any operating system newer than XP.    Point is, even though Microsoft said they are ending support for XP like 10 years ago, it still works perfectly.  So if all Adobe is doing is ending support for Flash, unless WGT does something to end the game from operating, I believe we can still operate AS IS.   If so, I beg that WGT allows us to continue to play the game with the flash we already have loaded on our systems.    Playing the game in a new computer likely won't work, so folks you may need to keep your old computer indefinitely even if only to play WGT.   Anyone else want to weigh in?   Could I be right on this? 

• ScottHope
    10,122 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 3:11 PM

Cool!

Did you block it with AdBlock Plus?

RSS