Forums

Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 5:12 PM

JD im on a laptop, and can see entire message, from any post, i dont understand why we need to start a post from several lines down

Weylon

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,518 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 8:18 PM

Glad to hear it, JD!

It is true though (and shameful) that the cartoonish look and characteristics of the new version incur general misconception of the game to many old players who have been loyal to the flash version.

WGT should really reassess and make the game look appropriate for the target players' age. You can sell a Yamaha YZF-R1M to a serious teenage rider, but not a tricycle to an old dude even if he's a casual rider.

• SamSpayed
    4,910 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 10:33 PM

JDGHOST:
    PEOPLE PLEASE START YOUR POST A FEW LINES DOWN GEEEEEZ

Why?  It's a waste of space.

• astoressop
    68 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 2:00 AM

Excuse me, can you tell me how to make the avatar transparent in the application? Thank you.

• JDGHOST
    6,795 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 5:00 AM

SamSpayed:

JDGHOST:

Why?  It's a waste of space.

WHY? I will show you...Below what posts now look like...

And what we should see???

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 5:18 AM

Wutpa:

Mizerman:

How sad.

The new version is a complete joke.

Speaking of complete jokes, I read your blog post.

I take it you'll be double-checking that your new console wasn't made in China then...

What you say may be fair enough, will you do the same for people that say positive things about the new version (go to thier profile and find something, totally unrelated to the post, to pick on)? 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 5:18 AM

Wutpa:

Mizerman:

How sad.

The new version is a complete joke.

Speaking of complete jokes, I read your blog post.

I take it you'll be double-checking that your new console wasn't made in China then...

What you say may be fair enough, will you do the same for people that say positive things about the new version (go to thier profile and find something, totally unrelated to the post, to pick on)? 

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 5:20 AM

JDGHOST:

I said it already but ....I will say it one more time....Check the history of the forums and I challenge you to find someone more outspoken about the loss of "Flash" and my total dislike of the "Mickey Mouse Arcade looking" PCEA version (as I believe that was my quote) ...I think I also called it "Super Mario Bros Golf"  😲

And I know of only a few like myself that spent literally countless hours researching and getting my set-up to where I could continue playing flash WELL past the "fake news" doomsday date of Dec 31st 2020..

Then WGT drops the bombshell that regardless if we have found ways to continue on playing flash...We don't care  "WE" are gonna pull the plug on all of you "Diehard" Flashers and remove the Flash version on Dec 29th!!! 

To say I was steaming mad would be a tremendous understatement...( I believe my real words and thoughts would have got me suspended at the time lol!!

But then I decided instead of quitting  WGT on the 29th and joining many of my friends that defected over to "PGA2k21"(Which was my plan) I would give the PCEA a fair try (Meaning really play ONLY PCEA) and to my surprise and delight ....Boom I WAS WRONG!!! Yup I said it WRONG!!!

PCEA blows the flash game away !! (Can't believe I said that) But it does.... much more consistent ....much better putting (Classic) Much Much smoother meter ...The list goes on...  ...

Now don't get me wrong there are still things that need fixing and I hope they listen to us and continue tweaking things ...But how short some peoples memories are... As there was ALWAYS complaining about the flash game issue's as well ..."This needs to be done ...that needs to be done"...Etc..... 

SO my point is if "I" can adjust and even enjoy the PCEA more than flash well.....Anyone can!!! 

So just give it a "REAL" try...Not once or twice .. ..Moreover you can't go back and forth between the two you will never like PCEA that way...

JD

For me JD the PCEA  version doesn't make me feel as connected to  other players as flash. The addition and attraction over the years was how you could somehow feel close to someone you know even though they are 5  thousand miles away. Very hard to put into words but when flash goes  nothing will be able to duplicate that atmosphere,  competitiveness and graphics . Who knows what journey or path WGT will end up going down but for me the best years and memories  will be buried with flash.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 5:25 AM

JD, not that it matters or applies to the post, but your screenshots show how your browser looks.  It is not how my browser or others look.  Only guessing you have a setting that is not a default line spacing height or you possibly have a extension installed that allows for line spacing, font, etc. to be changed.

• JDGHOST
    6,795 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2020 6:04 AM

PRIESTESS:
    For me JD the PCEA  version doesn't make me feel as connected to  other players as flash. The addition and attraction over the years was how you could somehow feel close to someone you know even though they are 5  thousand miles away. Very hard to put into words but when flash goes  nothing will be able to duplicate that atmosphere,  competitiveness and graphics . Who knows what journey or path WGT will end up going down but for me the best years and memories  will be buried with flash.

You make a very good point....But since I play with the same group on Skype quite often I am not losing to much "connectivity" to my core friends.... And we will always have the "Original" WGT.com page availability to access this and our club forums so that wont change come tomorrow....The below page will still be available to us...With access to our profile page,messages,WGT communities etc....ONLY the "PLAY NOW" option wont work...You don't need "flash" to access this page...

RSS