Forums

Help › Forums

*Announcement About WGT on Flash*

Thu, Jan 7 2021 4:44 PM (207 replies)
  • AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 2:17 PM

I'm going to give some kudos to the new download version of the game.

I have been playing it exclusively since November in preparation for Flash going bye bye.  I like it.  I like it a lot.  In fact I like it better than the flash version....

The graphics are outstanding and the meter is better.  Yes it takes some getting used to and there are some things I miss about the flash version.  But I like how you can manipulate the clubs in your bag now.  That was something I suggested for the flash game and now it's here.  I also like how you can mix and match apparel for your appearance and are not just tied to avatars that are provided.  Ok so that has nothing to do with game play, but I like it nonetheless....just makes things more visually flexible.

Change, while not always good, is quite good in this case, in my opinion.

And now I just read that we are getting Torrey Pines this coming Spring.  Superb !

WGT is still the best virtual golf game out there.....and I think is continuing to improve.  They have hit a home run with the version that replaces the flash version.

• Knuckwood
    443 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2020 6:26 PM

Go to your Profile, and then Tools. It is a setting that you can turn on and off. I was just told about it.

• jacktrade51
    10,927 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2020 7:48 PM

I hate change, but I tend to agree with Ace.

I have told our club members to expect scores to go up for a while you adjust.  I switched 2.5 weeks ago and still not fully adjusted, but I am getting better.  And we can adjust, in my case after 8 years.

The meter is smoother, no question.

Tom.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 8:00 AM

jacktrade51:

I hate change, but I tend to agree with Ace.

I have told our club members to expect scores to go up for a while you adjust.  I switched 2.5 weeks ago and still not fully adjusted, but I am getting better.  And we can adjust, in my case after 8 years.

The meter is smoother, no question.

Tom.

Tom, that's how it was for me at first when I switched a year ago. My scores were way up while I grappled with the putting differences in particular.

One of the things that helped me to stick with it rather than give up in disgust was to not compare my new scores with the ones I would expect to have got on flash, but rather to compare them to the previous time I played on PCEA. I even kept a pad and paper by the keyboard to note what my lowest scores were on each course on PCEA. That way I could really see how I was improving.

After a couple of months of exclusively playing PCEA my scoring was similar to flash, and eventually even better.

It's certainly an adjustment and for those players who have left it until now to start playing the new version it may be too much of an adjustment, but I am so completely used to the new version that I find the flash version now to be tiny and difficult.

Ever on, ever up.

Nigel.

• TheCabJockey
    10 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 12:47 PM

I've been playing on the app for a while. Mostly 3 hole challenges. Today I played my first rated game, a threesome on Oakmont. The scorecard showed me finishing even but the stats had me at plus one and a score of 38 which is actually plus 2. I did find the greens can be set back to normal in settings by selecting classic. Currently, if you want to set a game with friends you have to peruse your entire friends list to see who is available. Are rated games going to include performance enhancements? If you have an item that adds iron distance, is that new figure reflected in menu or does it have to figured in separately? This app has a long way to go.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 1:16 PM

Mizerman:

How sad.

The new version is a complete joke.

Speaking of complete jokes, I read your blog post.

I take it you'll be double-checking that your new console wasn't made in China then...

• akk447
    377 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 2:09 PM

Agreed it's a F JOKE 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,518 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 3:44 PM

Wutpa:

Speaking of complete jokes, I read your blog post.

I take it you'll be double-checking that your new console wasn't made in China then...

LOL Pretty much everything is made in China nowadays so I wish him good luck with it.

• JDGHOST
    6,795 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2020 4:02 PM

PEOPLE PLEASE START YOUR POST A FEW LINES DOWN GEEEEEZ

I said it already but ....I will say it one more time....Check the history of the forums and I challenge you to find someone more outspoken about the loss of "Flash" and my total dislike of the "Mickey Mouse Arcade looking" PCEA version (as I believe that was my quote) ...I think I also called it "Super Mario Bros Golf"  😲

And I know of only a few like myself that spent literally countless hours researching and getting my set-up to where I could continue playing flash WELL past the "fake news" doomsday date of Dec 31st 2020..

Then WGT drops the bombshell that regardless if we have found ways to continue on playing flash...We don't care  "WE" are gonna pull the plug on all of you "Diehard" Flashers and remove the Flash version on Dec 29th!!! 

To say I was steaming mad would be a tremendous understatement...( I believe my real words and thoughts would have got me suspended at the time lol!!

But then I decided instead of quitting  WGT on the 29th and joining many of my friends that defected over to "PGA2k21"(Which was my plan) I would give the PCEA a fair try (Meaning really play ONLY PCEA) and to my surprise and delight ....Boom I WAS WRONG!!! Yup I said it WRONG!!!

PCEA blows the flash game away !! (Can't believe I said that) But it does.... much more consistent ....much better putting (Classic) Much Much smoother meter ...The list goes on...  ...

Now don't get me wrong there are still things that need fixing and I hope they listen to us and continue tweaking things ...But how short some peoples memories are... As there was ALWAYS complaining about the flash game issue's as well ..."This needs to be done ...that needs to be done"...Etc..... 

SO my point is if "I" can adjust and even enjoy the PCEA more than flash well.....Anyone can!!! 

So just give it a "REAL" try...Not once or twice .. ..Moreover you can't go back and forth between the two you will never like PCEA that way...

JD

RSS