Forums

Help › Forums

Freezing

Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:13 PM (56 replies)
  • SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 3:42 AM

To all of you that i tried to tell this to... here ya go. I had pinpointed the completely erratic meter speed and my huge [8 point] jump in average in a 5 day period to the fact that there were issues in multiplay mode with the game and for the most part when i played single player the meter at least was somewhat consistent most of the time.

This problem isnt on the client end of the equation... it is in your multiplayer version of this game. I experience freezing of the meter... stuttering of the meter... and completely inconsistent meter speed from shot to shot and round to round and it just kind of started out of the blue about 2 weeks ago roughly. For some reason it seems to have gotten a little better for me the last few days [at least it is somewhat playable] or i have adapted to it... but there are still major problems with this in multiplayer mode.. it has just not been as extreme as it was. One thing is certain...my meter isnt working correctly for sure and there is no consistency in the meter speed... not like there used to be anyway.

You are charging people for balls that slow down meter speed only to have the meter be completely screwed in multiplayer mode to the point of being virtually unplayable at times for some people... competitively anyway... and then you try to tell them it's their machines and everything is peachy on your end.  Will i be getting credited back for the minimum of a couple of weeks worth of balls because of this problem with the game? 

Maybe for some it is their machines but for me it isnt and i am glad to FINALLY get some confirmation from WGT that their game is the reason for the problem rather than my computer... or me being nervous playing against live opponents... or whatever other BS reason i have heard.

Thanks for finally admitting there is a problem. Now maybe it can be fixed and then maybe you could consider making it right to the people who were screwed by it in the form of cash spent on balls that were wasted during this mess.

• Wendybabe
    7 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 3:47 AM

Oh please,,its NEVER your fault..its always the players problem.. you guys dont have a CLUE what your doing....get your head out of your backsides and smell what your shoveling...it stinks

• Wendybabe
    7 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 3:53 AM

I reported the meter issue to them back in September, they told it was my computer,,my connection,,,etc..All they do is deny anything is their problem, They dont know what they're doing.

They love saying that no one else is having an issue when I know they are because others are talking about it during a game

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 4:46 AM

Quit whining here, it's getting old. WGT have always said and freely admitted the issue is potentially on both sides, and that is a fact. They admitted weeks ago they are doing everything possible on their side to eliminate the meter lag issue. Just because you don't follow these forums carefully doesn't mean they "never admit" anything or now have "finally admitted" something. That's just BS & shows your ignorance.  

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 5:07 AM

Faterson:
    That's just BS & shows your ignorance.  

because someone does not agree with you does not make them ignorant.

flame language will not solve the meter problem, AND IT IS REAL

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 5:13 AM

Ignorance is saying that WGT have "never admitted this" and "now finally admitted this". It just isn't true, and it's tiresome to keep reading this in the forums.

I agree with you about the flaming language. It's inappropriate. See "get your head out of your backsides and smell what your shoveling" and many other such statements above.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:13 AM

Faterson:

Quit whining here, it's getting old. WGT have always said and freely admitted the issue is potentially on both sides, and that is a fact. They admitted weeks ago they are doing everything possible on their side to eliminate the meter lag issue. Just because you don't follow these forums carefully doesn't mean they "never admit" anything or now have "finally admitted" something. That's just BS & shows your ignorance.  

Was that necessary? Is it possible for someone to post in the forums without you putting your 2 cents in on EVERY FKN THREAD thats posted ?? Do you honestly think we care what your opinion is about EVERYTHING???

Get over yourself.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:28 AM

Don't exaggerate, and keep your personal attacks to yourself. I have exactly 10 forum posts within the last 24 hours, and I only post when I believe my input can be useful. We've seen this nonsense countless times in the forums: "WGT never admit... Oh, now they've finally admitted..." It's balderdash, and it's useful to point this out to forum newcomers such as yourself and Wendybabe. WGT has many times publicly confirmed in these forums that the meter lag issue can be caused by issues on both sides and that they are continuously working, on their end, to eliminate the problem. The players need to do the same thing on their machines.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:33 AM

Please be nice and stay on topic.  

We are looking further into the multiplayer stuttering and we are pretty sure that it is a combination of the local machine and the multiplayer code that is affecting a limited number of players.  We are trying to narrow this down. The more technical feed back we get the quicker we can resolve the issue.  What we need to know is, if you experience the meter stuttering only in multiplayer; what is the RAM, CPU, browser version and speed of your connection. Also do you have the option selected on or off for background loading?

Thanks

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:35 AM

rnegv - have you tried using another browser?  If not, please do and let me know if you can play.

RSS