Forums

Help › Forums

Freezing

Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:13 PM (56 replies)
  • dAnRexRode22
    3 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:02 AM
    I'm using a DELL 2400, ATT DSL 6.0, no other programs, and have deleted unneeded sites on desktop. Have Flash"10' and have removed pop-up blocker. Still jerking and slow.
  • naughty1
    104 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 12:28 PM

dAnRexRode22:
    I'm using a DELL 2400, ATT DSL 6.0, no other programs, and have deleted unneeded sites on desktop. Have Flash"10' and have removed pop-up blocker. Still jerking and slow.

I have put every fix authored, and the meter is "jerkometer"

I have the fastest cable ISP, comcast, and a new sony

I have learned to live with it, like someone learns to live with HIV, but

playing "match" is now out of the realm for me. You win some and you lose some with

Jerkometer, but the game does not prove your skill, just if the other player is having

less jerk than you

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 1:03 PM

I'm getting frozen out more than ever since the up-date, don't know if this is the reason why

• Babaloo1
    36 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 2:28 PM
    I agree the freezing has gotten much worse. I was going to put some more funds in my account for tournyes and match play but cannot justify spending another dime until it is fixed. Shame is I really like the game.
  • mikeyb23
    230 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 2:34 PM
    Seen this happen 2 times in 2 games today already.
  • WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:57 PM

Hi dAnRexRode22,

The specs on the Dell 2400 do not look like they are up to the minimum system requirements for smooth gameplay, as described here: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/635.aspx.  This is probably why you are experiencing bad meter stutter and games freezing up.  The performance of the swing meter is directly tied to the local machine, an from your posts it sounds like you have already looked at the tips for optimizing your system for playing on WGT (also in the above link).  Beyond that, there is little we can do to help alleviate this problem on our end.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 4:58 PM

dAnRexRode22,

Please reply to your old posts rather than starting a new one each time.  Different players have meter stutter for different reasons, usually related to the player's local machine, which is why many players have no issues and others see them all the time.  We are able to offer advice and suggestions for how to optimize your system and settings for WGT game play, but if a system isn't up to minimum requirements, those will only help so much.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:41 PM

So how come all off a sudden people are expieriencing more freezing out than ever.Its happening to me a lot,but it has also  happend to my oppents too..Its like a 10 lane motor-way is this server, with 9 off the lanes shut down when this game is in its peak time.......

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 2:32 AM

Our servers are not experiencing load issue.  We believe that there may be an issue with the multiplayer loading logic.  Can you confirm if the freezing is only in multiplayer games?  Is it the same or worse with more players?

Also when it freezes please right click and submit the error to us.  This is the best way for us to resolve this issue quickly.

Thanks

• rnegv
    55 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 2:45 AM

since yesterday mine won't load with IE8 anymore...what gives? and i did submit a bug report

R

RSS