Forums

Help › Forums

Yoda's MLB Challenge 2! Condensed Edition!

Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:19 AM (71 replies)
  • JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 5:58 PM

Brewers 4-2 over Detroit

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 6:18 PM

Looks like the RANGERS ALL THE WAY  !!!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 6:19 PM

Yoda79:
    Big changes in the offense. Nuff said.

Now ya know how I feel:)

I saw a stat with about 4 weeks left in the season, had the Giants scored at least 3 runs in Lincecums starts, he'd have been 18 and 3 at the time.

I wonder when the last time a guy with a sub 3.00 ERA, had a losing record?

And you want some  offense:)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 6:33 PM

Well since my Phillies SUCK and aren't playing anymore I am going to change my prediction. Since I created this I can do that. Although I am out of the contest, I can't reward myself anymore for winning. So just for fun, I am changing my pick.

I still think the Rangers will make it. They are too tough for Detroit to beat. So I will say Texas beats Detroit in 6 games. The Cardinals I think will send Milwaukee packing in 5 games. (That's going to be a good series I think and I'm not too sure about that prediction.) So in the World Series the Texas Rangers defeat the St. Louis Cardinals in 6 games. And again this prediction will in no way count towards the contest. 

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2011 6:42 PM

JeffGooch:
    Brewers 4-2 over Detroit

JeffGooch. Well sir I see you put in your prediction at 5:58pm according to what I see. Now I need help on this from anybody that can. 5:58pm is San Francisco time, correct? If that's the case then I'm 3 hours ahead of them. So that means it was 8:58pm EST (my time). And if I'm not mistaken that was after the first pitch of the Detroit/ Texas game. Thus meaning that, that prediction cannot count. But, I'm not one for rules. They are meant to be broken. Well some of them. So unless somebody in the contest objects I will count it. If just one person objects and my thinking is correct with the times and what not, then I'm sorry but I cannot count it. If I am wrong and that prediction was in before the first pitch then, obviously your in. JeffGooch, your fate is in the hands of the other contestants. Be nice guys.

Master Yoda

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 6:49 PM

Hello everyone. As promised, here is a list of people who are in the contest and who is still in contention to win. Good luck to everybody still in it, and thanks for playing.

Still in the running for a sleeve of MLB balls. 

Rishirocks - Tigers 4 / Brewers 3

Bradwiz - Brewers 4 / Rangers 1

Squez -  Tigers 4 / Brewers 2

MBaggese - Tigers 4 / Brewers 1

JeffGooch - Brewers 4 / Tigers 2

Outside chance of winning a sleeve of MLB balls. (need the Cardinals to win)

Yoda79 - Phillies 4 / Rangers 2

Robdelahunty - Yankees 4 / Brewers 2

Cutbow - DBacks 4 / Rangers 3

Sorry but no chance of winning, but thanks for playing.

Appy2 - Yankees 4 / DBacks 2

YancyCan - Yankees 4 / Phillies 2

As you can see above, the first group of people still have a shot at having a perfect prediction. But if the Cardinals shock everyone, which is quite possible, then that would mean everyone would have guessed at least one of the teams wrong. It's going to come down to the A.L. and who picked that team correctly. Then once we have the teams then it would come down to the teams and how many wins they can earn in the World Series. Going to be interesting.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 7:30 PM

Yoda79:

Yoda79 - Phillies 4 / Rangers 2

Robdelahunty - Yankees 4 / Brewers 2

Cutbow - DBacks 4 / Rangers 3

I think these horse's are dead. Phils, Yanks and Dbacks are all home getting ready for spring training:)

• Rishirocks
    88 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 7:56 AM

Rishirocks:

Milwaukee vs. Detroit. Detroit 4-3.

Yoda I predicted Detroit to win not Milwakuee.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:03 AM

Your absolutely correct dude. My mistake. I checked my notes and I had it written down as the other way around. My fault. Thank you for pointing that. Just glad you saw that now and not later, like after the World Series winner has been crowned. I would have of been skeptical if it wasn't pointed out till then. By the time you read this I would of made the correction. Thanks again. 

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 9:12 AM

MBaggese:
    I think these horse's are dead. Phils, Yanks and Dbacks are all home getting ready for spring training:)

Well yes and no. If the Brewers go on and win the NLCS then your absolutely correct. But if the Cardinals go and win it, then that moves those three guys up top with the other guys. So say if the Cardinals win the World Series against the Rangers 4 games to 3, then Cutbow would win. Why? Because he would of picked the wrong NL team, but the correct AL team and the correct amount of games won by each team. So like I said, they a lot of help, but they still got a shot. Although it's looking like less and less of a shot especially with the Brewers winning the first game of the NLCS. And I still can't believe that hardly anybody picked the Rangers to go all the way. I always thought if my Phillies didn't do it, then the Rangers would. They were there last year. And to my knowledge the team hasn't changed a whole lot. I mean Lee isn't there anymore, but they still are finding a way to get the job done. 

RSS