Forums

Help › Forums

Yoda's MLB Challenge 2! Condensed Edition!

Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:19 AM (71 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2011 9:11 PM

Hello all you baseball fans. So I did this last year and I wanted to do this again this year, but it would of left only like a few hours over a day to get predictions in. Also I have fallen on some hard times and old Yoda just doesn't have the funds to do what he originally wanted to do. So the payout may be delayed a bit, but I can promise you that the winners WILL receive their prize. I hope that doesn't discourage anyone from playing. I thought about it and I have come up with something. So if your not familiar with my MLB Challenge let me explain.

Basically I want to know who is going to win the World Series. Putting your favoritism aside who do you think will win the World Series. Now last year there was a week or so before the playoffs started to get your predictions in. But since the final two teams weren't decided till the 162nd game that left one day to get your predictions in. So this years installment of my MLB Challenge is posing the same question but you have till the League Championship series starts to get your predictions in. The first League Championship series is scheduled to start on October 8th with the National League starting the following day. (With all the rain we have been getting I would say that it is subject to change) So that leaves at least one full week to get your predictions in. And I'm changing the rules just a bit. You have to tell me who goes to the World Series for the National League, who goes for the American League, and (here is the change) who wins the World Series and by how many games. So be sure to try and watch as much baseball between now and then and leave your favoritism to the side and try and make the best prediction you can!

The deadline for the entries is October 8th. The times have yet to be released but you have till first pitch of the first game to get your predictions in. Any predictions after that, I'm sorry will not be accepted, no exceptions. Also like last year I will pick two winners. How do I do that? Well I will be checking this thread each and every day numerous times. I will copy down everyone's prediction on a piece of paper. And again like last year I will keep everyone informed of who is still in the running for a prize. And once we have the World Series Champion I will check it against the predictions. And if there are more than 2 people that correctly predict the outcome then what I will do is write them down each on their own piece of paper. I will put them in my 2008 World Champion Philadelphia Phillies ball cap and without looking pick out two names. I know, kind of lame, but that's the fairest way I can think of. I just want to make this fun and share the playoffs with everyone that plays, like last year. We had a blast (at least I did) going back and forth with banter after each game and talking about it.  Now if only one person predicts correctly then only that person will win a prize. And if nobody predicts correctly then I will see if anyone predicted the correct teams to go. I'll let everyone know exactly what I will do as the day approaches. You won't be left in the dark, I promise. 

Now what can you win? Like I said in the first paragraph I just can't do what I originally intended to do. I'm sorry, but I got to take care of responsibilities first. But with the introduction of the AWESOME MLB golf balls I thought that they would be a fitting prize. So the winners will receive 1 sleeve of the MLB golf balls of their choosing. I think the Philly ones are perfect! And again I must say, the delivery of the prizes may be delayed, but you WILL get your prize. And while I'm thinking of it just in case, like last year don't bother trying to edit your predictions once you have submitted them. I know, your only winning a sleeve of balls, but you never know. I copy down everyone's prediction on a piece of paper and I double check it after I copy it. You won't win any dispute. Sorry but I got to say that. 

That's it folks. Who wins the World Series and by how many games. This is my favorite time of the year. I always look forward to the baseball playoffs. Yes, even when my team isn't in it. So lots of luck to everyone that plays. Let's see those predictions everyone. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to PM me. Just don't PM me your predictions. They must be in a post. Thanks everyone and have fun! (WOW!! I just posted this and realized how long this is. LOL. Sorry everyone.)

Master Yoda

Edit - Sorry but no more entries will be accepted. Good luck to all participating. And look for Yoda's MLB Challenge 3, next year.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2011 9:28 PM

Yoda is back once more to make his prediction. I am a Phillies fan as some of you know and I know I said it last year, and I meant it, but I got to say it again this year. My Philadelphia Phillies are the best team in the National League. Really in all of baseball. It's hard to argue with 102 wins in the regular season. Now I know, all that doesn't matter. But my Phillies seem to be hitting again. So barring them going into another hitting slump I gotta believe they will do it. St. Louis is going to be a very tough opponent for us in the first round, but I think our pitching will win out in the end. And I think they will end up facing the Brewers in the L.C.S.  and win. Now over in the American League I do have one team in mind. Although after today they are making me re-think my prediction, I'm going to say the Texas Rangers come out of the American League. I can't believe that today is a sign for what's to come. So I have Texas going to the LCS against Detroit and winning in 7 games. 

So my prediction is: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Texas Rangers. Phillies win the World Series 4 games to 2 games.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 8:23 PM

WOW! Ryan Howard with one swing of the bat turned that game around. Halladay settled down nicely and helped keep that Cardinals line-up in check. Well, 1 win, 10 to go. Come on Philly!!!

• appy2
    613 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 11:14 PM

Yoda, I am in, and my Prediction is Arizona Diamondbacks vs New York Yankees. The Yankees will take it 4 games to 2 Games.

Roger

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2011 3:53 PM

Arizona vs New York. Hmmmm, well....could happen. Good luck to ya and thanks for playing.

• Rishirocks
    88 Posts
    Mon, Oct 3 2011 2:54 AM

Milwaukee vs. Detroit. Detroit 4-3.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 3 2011 5:18 AM

Rishirocks:

Detroit vs. New York. New york 4-3.

You're a little bit off, Rishi. The winner of the 5 game series between Detroit and NY will play the winner of the 5 game series between Texas and Tampa. Then those 2 will play a 7 game series for the right to go to the World Series and face the winner of the other league who is doing the same thing. The winner of Philly vs St. Louis for 5 games vs the winner of Milwaukee & Arizona (5 game series) play for the right to play in the World Series.

You need to pick one team from the American League-NY, Detroit, Texas and Tampa that you think will play against one team from the National League-Philly, St. Louis, Milwaukee and Arizona.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Oct 3 2011 6:09 AM

Thats more complex even than cricket rules. I'm going to put my ears between two cabinets and shout.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 1:10 PM

Thanks for playing Rishirocks. Brewers vs. Tigers isn't a bad pick. Good luck to ya.

And thanks for clarifying YJ. Now as I sit here at 4:00pm EST on Tuesday, I hope nobody picks the Rays to go all the way. There losing 4-2 to the Rangers in the fourth game, down 2 games to 1. So this could be it for the Rays. Next up, my Phillies look to rebound from from game 2. As I sat there after game 2, I really started to think about there chances. I could totally see the Cardinals winning this series. I have the Phillies in 5 but man, if we get that kind of performance from our starting pitching as what Cliff Lee did then we ain't winning. Plain and simple. Here's to hoping!

• Bradwiz
    65 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 1:23 PM

How about Brewers vs. Rangers; Brewers 4-1

RSS