Forums

Help › Forums

Yoda's MLB Challenge 2! Condensed Edition!

Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:19 AM (71 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 10:00 AM

Hey Yoda. I'll trade you ARod, Swisher and Nova for Doc and Cole. ARod will fit right in with that lineup but Swisher might get you a few RBIs. Nova could offset the pitching a little but CC might be available if you can afford him. I see you have Howard's temporary replacement for the first 3 months of next year so Teixera's not in the mix.  ;-)

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 2:50 PM

Hey Jim why does A-Rod play good during the year but choke so bad in the play off's. Seems he does this every year. Go Rangers....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 5:07 PM

Boomerboy44:

Hey Jim why does A-Rod play good during the year but choke so bad in the play off's. Seems he does this every year. Go Rangers....

That's as baffling as AJ looking like Cy Young for 3 innings before regressing to AJ. He was hurt this year with knee problems and the first day he's back he jams his left thumb (bottom hand on the bat) on a slide and fought that the rest of the year. Jeter said it best-pitching in the playoffs is going to stifle good hitting. It always does. 

Texas is in good position to go all the way. Nolan Ryan knows his stuff and now they have experience. Plus, Detroit losing Ordonez and Young puts them in a bad way. I'm rooting for ya. 

p.s., be happy you're facing Detroit.  ;-)

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 8:34 PM

My team is out already, and I'm too late for a prediction as the series' are under way. I'm gonna go for the Brewers, because that Ryan Braun is just delicious. He's not quite ARod delicious, but he's delicious just the same...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 10:55 PM

Iva, one question I always wanted to ask.

Is the thong always on?

Well two questions I guess.

Is it comfortable?

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 7:16 AM

MBaggese:

Iva, one question I always wanted to ask.

Is the thong always on?

Well two questions I guess.

Is it comfortable?

LMAO, speaking of baseball...

Ha, how do I answer this? Um, well, I just thought it was a clever name, but with hindsight being what it is, I would have gone with something else. To answer seriously: Q1. Well, eventually a person must change, so not ALWAYS, lol. In truth, I generally play before bed or occasionally when I wake up, so I'm just usually in my pjs. Q2. Comfort is subjective I suppose. Underwear is underwear to me, just different types for different purposes.

Back to baseball, how about that Nelson Cruz guy???

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:46 AM

IvaThongon:
    Back to baseball, how about that Nelson Cruz guy???

A-Rod supposedly texted him about hanging together over the winter. What do you suppose that could be all about?  Maybe a few pointers on post season baseball?   LOL

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 11:30 PM

Well, who would of thought this result going into the playoffs? The Rangers vs. Cardinals? Really?? I mean the Rangers.....yeah. I predicted them to go since day one. But the Cardinals? Well they are playing very good ball right now and they are the hot team. I can even see them winning a couple of games. (2 max) But I think the Rangers will win in the end. So I'm going to say the Texas Ranger 4 - St. Louis Cardinals 1. Now on to the contest here. Well with the Cardinals winning that really throws everything crazy like. So below is where everyone stands.

In the running for a sleeve of MLB Balls. (All having 1 wrong answer)

Bradwiz - Brewers 4 / Rangers 1

Yoda79 - Phillies 4 / Rangers 2

Cutbow - DBacks 4 / Rangers 3

Sorry but no chance of winning, but thanks for playing.

Rishirocks - Tigers 4 / Brewers 3

Squez -  Tigers 4 / Brewers 2

MBaggese - Tigers 4 / Brewers 1

JeffGooch - Brewers 4 / Tigers 2

Appy2 - Yankees 4 / DBacks 2

YancyCan - Yankees 4 / Phillies 2

Robdelahunty - Yankees 4 / Brewers 2

Now if the Rangers win, then that would mean nobody would win anything because the people that picked the Rangers to go to the World Series had them losing. But if the Rangers lose then that would mean somebody would of picked not only the losing team, but also the number of games won/loss by the teams. So whoever that ends up being will be the one that wins a sleeve of balls. Having said all that, if the Rangers win I will award the two guys that picked the Rangers to go to the World Series a sleeve of balls. I can't let there be nobody that wins a sleeve. And to everyone else, thank you so much for playing. Hopefully next year there is more time to pick teams and I get a bit more people involved. Enjoy the World Series. See you all at the end of it. 

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 7:58 AM

Wish I'd entered this when I had the chance. But I'm very superstitious and wouldn't have wanted to hex the Cards but now that they're in it, I feel safe with a side bet saying St. Louis in six. The momentum is undeniable.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 8:22 AM

AGArgent:
    The momentum is undeniable.

Ya but they run into a Ranger team that already knows how close they were last year. I don't think they'll be denied this year. Momentum is only as good as the next day's starting pitcher and with Nolon Ryan involved you just know Texas is going to be strong there.

RSS