Forums

Help › Forums

Yoda's MLB Challenge 2! Condensed Edition!

Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:19 AM (71 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 2:26 PM

I have a sick feeling Detroit and Texas will be battling it out. When your hopes rest on a redemption round from AJ Burnett it's hard to be positive. And after CC getting totally hosed by the new strike zone last night, it just seems like this might be Detroit's year-baseball and football. I could pull for them if the Yankees don't get their friggin act together.

Just get it back to NY. Then we can see Nova against Scherzer in one of those games where the entire pitching staff is available, including Verlander and CC. You know, edge of the seat stuff.  LOL    :-)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2011 5:15 PM

Thanks Bradwiz for your prediction and good luck to ya.

Yeah YJ, I got the Tigers winning this series in 5 games. I totally expect the Yankees to win tonight, but I can totally see the Tigers putting them away as well. And as far as the Brewers vs DBacks series goes, I got the Brewers winning in 3 games. So far all my predictions are playing out like I thought they would. I just got this nagging feeling with my Phillies leading by 2 runs in the bottom of the ninth with 1 out that they are going to lose this game. God I hope not. 

Lets keep those predictions coming in folks.

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 12:23 AM

Yankees 4 Brewers 2

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 5:46 AM

Phew. Feeling better after AJ took it to the Tigers. Once the Grandyman saved his butt in the first inning he was back. Curve ball wasn't diving into the dirt and the fastball was Verlanderish. Thank God they had a decent umpire last night. Now, can Fister keep up with Nova Thursday? I thought Detroit was loud last night for a little while but it got awful quiet pretty quick. 

I put my order in for a barn-burner Thursday night.  ;-)

p.s., Somebody should get to Valverde and tell him to STFU next time. LOL-He guaranteed the series wouldn't get back to NY.

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 5:54 AM

My name is Yancy

My predictables will be:

Yankees over Phillies in WS 4-2

Thank You

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 8:11 PM

Thanks for your picks robdelahunty and YancyCan. Good luck to ya.

YJ.......I agree. After that first inning AJ got the job done. Going back to NY., I gotta say I'm liking the Yankees chances. No Verlander. The Yankees could screw me in a contest I entered in picking all the winners the whole way out. I hope not. I think the Tigers do have a real good shot at beating them. Going to be good one though. 

And my Phillies. (shaking my head in disgust) Ever since the 08' season their offense just doesn't produce like they used to. It's almost like they got their rings and figure they don't have to work hard or even harder to get another one. 102 wins in the regular season. Sigh. I know those wins don't matter now. But come on guys. If they don't win Friday, I'm going to............I don't know what. Just so damn frustrating when you know they can hit. But for some reason their swinging at bad pitches, grounding out, and or popping out in foul territory. Come on Philly! 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 5:33 AM

Game of the year coming up in Philly with both aces facing off. Should be a good one. Fortunately for the Yankees they get to face a guy that couldn't get out of the 5th inning the first time while they have their #2 bullet going in Ivan Nova and a totally rested and ready bull pen. And you just know that stadium is going to be rocking, full of raving lunatic Yankee fans. I like their chances here and am quite happy Mr. Verlander will only have a front row seat (although if it comes down to needing him late in the game his fastball will probably be good for 100 mph for a batter or two.)

Here's hoping tomorrow doesn't turn into Black Friday.  :-D

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:46 PM

Sorry YJ. Watched pretty much the entire game. Not a good feeling, I know. Hoping I don't join ya tomorrow night. But knowing the Phillies offense I probably will be. 

• Rishirocks
    88 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 9:35 PM

Looks like Tigers beat the yankees.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 2:03 AM

:)

RSS