Forums

Help › Forums

Poll: Which tees would you play from if you could choose?

Fri, Nov 20 2009 5:09 AM (51 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:03 PM

Yes, we did, and yes I did. I am on the cusp of the Master tier, consequently, knowing that my advancement to that level is at hand, I play many un-ranked rounds from the master tees in heavy wind , just to get a feel for what I am in for. So, in that regard your are mistaken. I have played from your tees many times. I find them somewhat more difficult on certain holes and not so on others. I will stand firm on my comment. My respect for you is also at the highest level.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:28 PM

Think some of you are forgetting that Git said you would have to give up your Master clubs when you go to the White Tees.

While the par 3s in theory may be easier, I'm with Tibbs in that if you know your clubs that shot is the same. It isn't any par 3 here where the hole gets extremely easy if you subtract 10 yards or so. Now #3 BP and #8 Kia are mildly easier, but the others are about knowing your clubs.

The Master Driver gets you into so many easy wedges is hard to discount having to leave that in the bag.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:29 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to cause a stir here.  As I stated, my experiences are probably a bit of an anomaly, but the call for opinions was out there so I figured I'd throw in mine.

Enjoy the game and each other as much as possible...

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:30 PM

-

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:38 PM

That is so precious. The only thing being ignored is you. LOL

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:43 PM

/lock

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 7:57 PM

gitthe:
    It's just that Pros have never played from the Blue tees is all.

Not so. There are community-organized tournaments that (obligatorily or optionally) let you play in Practice Mode. So, I have in fact played quite a few matches from the Blue tees, without being a Master.

PS: Lay off SweetiePie, guys & gals. She's WGT's reincarnation of Jane Austen. 

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:01 PM

Lee's initial statement was, "only masters reply."  Not trying to diss anyone or keep them from saying their 2 cents worth.  But that is what the man wanted, answers  from those that are masters.  Again, it is much easier from the white tees regardless of the equipment that you use.

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:27 PM

Lee, my apologies to you.  I was not in any way trying to steal your thread with meaningless B S.....I was trying to bring the point home and then some people felt they had to be ugly.

B

Just for the record....I deleted all my posts

• ZekeSr
    36 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:41 PM

Regardless of the fact I tee it up from WAY behind the pros and amatuers we all end up relatively close in the fairway after our tee shots.  Everyone is caught up in the fact masters can hit it "sometimes" over 300yds but most of the time like I said we're hitting our second shots from the same distance.  You still need the skill set that made you become a master in the first place: accounting for the wind, distance control, spin control, putting, chipping, reading the greens......a whole lot of factors involved other than ripping it off the tee 300yds. 

RSS