Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 1:55 AM

As a long time player on this game.  The WGT for PC is awesome!  I love that I can play without stutter.  I would love to see Cabo and Whistler added to it.  But great job guys. 

I am sure you are working on replay and also the ability to go busy. Thanks for all you do. 

Travis

• ASD1978
    475 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 7:46 AM
    DufferJohn7:

Entered the Clash and played the first round, Kia F9. For the first time I was playing using the Steam EA version.  I noticed the scorecard wasn't reflecting Clash points and when the round ended it wasn't counted as a clash round. Just a ranked round shown on my score history.

Oh well.

Treying to have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

Further to my earlier post (which is still under moderation as I write this) I was contacted by another of our club members to tell me he'd experienced the same thing. He'd played a coin game just before the clash game and it didn't register his clash game in the clash either (on the PCEA version). I don't think that's the issue though because the game I played was my first of the day, without the use of any bonus apparel. It appears the PCEA version set us up to play the Front 9 at Kiawah, whereas the clash games (I can see in his score history) he played using the Browser version were actually played on the Back 9 at Kiawah.
  • akone12
    6,853 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 2:20 PM

I copy/paste club competition/tournament results from the WGT page onto a spreadsheet and create Leaderboards and tables etc for our club forum, does anyone know if this will be no longer possible after November when the PCEA version takes over.

The displays in the  early release version are an image format and cannot be copied and screen shots won't be of any use.

Has anyone found a workaround or alternative?

AK

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 4:44 PM

akone12:

I copy/paste club competition/tournament results from the WGT page onto a spreadsheet and create Leaderboards and tables etc for our club forum, does anyone know if this will be no longer possible after November when the PCEA version takes over.

The displays in the  early release version are an image format and cannot be copied and screen shots won't be of any use.

I do the same thing so that is something I have wondered about too.

My understanding is that the website will still function as before apart from any sections that rely on flash. But the leaderboards and such are java and so shouldn't be affected.

At least, that's what I'm very much hoping.

Nigel.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 5:51 PM

Wutpa:

akone12:

I do the same thing so that is something I have wondered about too.

My understanding is that the website will still function as before apart from any sections that rely on flash. But the leaderboards and such are java and so shouldn't be affected.

At least, that's what I'm very much hoping.

Nigel.

I just did this from the Steam Early Access. You have to post it without the JPG Extention

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 5:56 PM

the funny thing is, when I replied to it the picture went blank

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 7:15 PM

ASD1978:
    It appears the PCEA version set us up to play the Front 9 at Kiawah,
    This reversion to Kiawah F9 has been happening for over a year, sporadically from iPad when properly clicking "Play Game" on the home page for the Clash where it shows the two clubs matched to each other.  It is not specific to the PCEA version.  I just know now, if I'm on my iPad, to look for the offered tee markers (this week, the guitars), and if they are not there, I quit the game until it gives me the right-looking tee markers.

• akone12
    6,853 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 12:47 AM

Thanks Nigel, Don....I can post images via Imgur using HTML but up to a couple of weeks ago ( before an update, when the " Secure Content " saga started,) I could directly post spreadsheets/tables etc directly from Excel or Google into the forum.

Now everything has to be an Image for some reason which is a workaround but time consuming, inconvenient  and awkward. I hope as you say Nigel we can still use the results from WGT when the time comes.

Cheers

AK

• akone12
    6,853 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 12:58 AM

DonCaron:

the funny thing is, when I replied to it the picture went blank

…..Hmmm, when I do that  using the Imgur image link and return to it, I keep getting a BLACK error  message saying that the image is not available?

AK

• ASD1978
    475 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 9:06 AM

Thanks AlaskanDame - I've never had this issue before so must've went in correctly. I've just noticed on the PCEA version if I press the clash button on the homepage it works ok, but now when I go through the Country Clubs then the clash - it takes me back to the homepage when I try to play. Odd. Anyway - I'll keep an eye on the tees from now on!

RSS