Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • toolman957
    397 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 4:12 PM

You are so very right Carl....the new version is *** and thats putting it kindly. Its is nothing more than a glorified mobile version. It's looks like a console game of the 90's. I'm sure there will be better games than this wgt shitty 90's game on the pc sooner than later. Since Top Golf took wgt over this game has became worse to play each year. With all the new technology there is today and Top Golf comes up with this *** is hilarious at the least. Hopefully they'll eventually lose their ass on this game

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 4:41 PM

Wutpa:

ScottHope:
    I fully understand the 'afraid to click on stuff' for fear of what might happen. Had many regrets in that department, lol. ; )

Me too!. Most of what I have learned about computers over the years began with random acts of stupidity on my part, followed by increasingly desperate searches on Google.

Let's just say I learned a lot that way....

Nigel.

I pretty much learned the same way. I never leave things alone, always has to b better. Then I mess the computer up.

• R0BT
    109 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 10:49 AM

SO SO BAD.....LIKE A ARCADE GAME.....WGT HAVE LOST ME IF THATS THE REPLACEMENT.......

• bobbysandersfyo
    117 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 11:30 AM

What about us Linux users. SnapCraft (https://snapcraft.io/) allows developers to port their programs to all versions of Linux with a minimum of effort.  Skype is already there.  I sure hope that you will follow suit.  I really like this game and spend lots of money on it.

• Kittykat2017
    513 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 12:08 PM

Is there a download version for Chrome Book??  TY

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 12:16 PM

R0BT:
    SO SO BAD.....LIKE A ARCADE GAME.....WGT HAVE LOST ME IF THATS THE REPLACEMENT.......

Well, it is the replacement but hopefully you'll give it some more time before making a snap judgement and decide to leave.

In my opinion the menu is confusing and distracting but once you get used to it you can get to the game play area quickly and without detours. Also the avatar, clubs and balls are less cleanly defined than in the flash game, but again that's more of a distraction than anything else as the courses look just as good and the game play is similar.

The putting takes some getting used to because it is different, but that's they key word: 'different'. Things that are 'not the same' are not necessarily 'worse', but just require some learning and adapting. I've been willing to do that and others have made it plain that they are not, but since this is the only version that we'll have by next year I guess each player has to decide on that for themselves.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 5:03 PM

Kittykat2017:

Is there a download version for Chrome Book??  TY

No I just Checked. I'm Sorry

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 5:04 PM

bobbysandersfyo:

What about us Linux users. SnapCraft (https://snapcraft.io/) allows developers to port their programs to all versions of Linux with a minimum of effort.  Skype is already there.  I sure hope that you will follow suit.  I really like this game and spend lots of money on it.

Use Wine

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 12:50 AM

Entered the Clash and played the first round, Kia F9. For the first time I was playing using the Steam EA version.  I noticed the scorecard wasn't reflecting Clash points and when the round ended it wasn't counted as a clash round. Just a ranked round shown on my score history.

Oh well.

Treying to have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

• ASD1978
    475 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 1:17 AM
    Same happened to me, scorecard registered no clash points, our club currently sitting on zero points in the clash, even though I scored 6 under with 100% greens in regulation. The round was counted in my score history, but not in the clash. Have submitted a help request to WGT and posted in our CC forum, we'll just have to wait and see what happens I guess. Ahh well. Paul
RSS