Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2020 10:43 AM

ASD1978:
    Thanks AlaskanDame - I've never had this issue before so must've went in correctly. I've just noticed on the PCEA version if I press the clash button on the homepage it works ok, but now when I go through the Country Clubs then the clash - it takes me back to the homepage when I try to play. Odd. Anyway - I'll keep an eye on the tees from now on!

The Clash glitches have been like this for a while.
    You cannot start a Clash round from within your CC page you have to do it from the Main Game screen.
    When you begin a Clash you can look at the markers or a much easier way is to make sure that the heading on the CC pass screen says "Club vs. Club"  
    If it doesn't then the game has gone to just a regular ranked round.

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 3:59 PM

The speed of the dot movement in relation to the actual break makes no sense whatsoever. WGT please fix this or I will surely be moving on when the flash version ends. I have no interest in learning how to putt all over again.

Frank

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2020 4:34 PM

mystry78:
    I have no interest in learning how to putt all over again.

I think this is largely the crux of the issue for many people.

I guess for everyone who is used to the flash version it depends upon which type of player they are, or what techniques they have used to judge putts and some other shots. Those that have been used to using grid measurement calculations or avatar backswing clicks and other more complicated computations are going to struggle in the new version if all that is invalidated. 

For myself, I have never used any of that. I use some fairly simple mental arithmetic to calculate putt strength and I give my best guess for break based on experience and 'feel', if you like. That may help explain why I'm a mediocre putter but it also means that adjusting to the new version is not such a big leap for me, and others like me.

Nobody likes feeling they have gone backwards in their ability to master the game, although rather perversely that is what initially happens when we are 'rewarded' for improving by consequently tiering up, at least in the first few tiers. So that's the way I've been treating learning about putting in the new version - as if I just tiered up to a new and unfamiliar green speed.

Many such as yourself who don't wish to relearn any game skills will quit, and I'm not criticizing you or anyone else for making that choice, although I do think it's a shame. Personally I've enjoyed the challenge of it all, but then I have no status or regular Ready Go earnings to maintain, and no technique I am especially reliant upon so perhaps it's easier for me in that regard. 

Nigel.

• Ladychipper
    22,680 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 10:52 AM

Hi Mr. Champion,

I am wondering if you could ad a 1 hole practice option under the Solo stroke play area?  Sometimes I only have time for 1 hole at night to keep my XP's going. 

I noticed there is a 3 hole option but please consider adding the 1 hole option as well like we have in the Flash version of WGT.

Best Wishes,

Marion :-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 6:34 PM

Ladychipper:

Hi Mr. Champion,

I am wondering if you could ad a 1 hole practice option under the Solo stroke play area?  Sometimes I only have time for 1 hole at night to keep my XP's going. 

I noticed there is a 3 hole option but please consider adding the 1 hole option as well like we have in the Flash version of WGT.

Best Wishes,

You can do it off his link from Scott: Play one Hole

It uses flash, but there are plenty of available browsers to use

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 7:45 PM

DonCaron:

Ladychipper:

Hi Mr. Champion,

Best Wishes,

You can do it off his link from Scott: Play one Hole

It uses flash, but there are plenty of available browsers to use

If it's just for the purposes of the CDP bonus then won't even one stroke do it?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 4:59 AM

Wutpa:

If it's just for the purposes of the CDP bonus then won't even one stroke do it?

Yes it will, but you don't get the points added to the club.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 5:55 AM

mystry78:

The speed of the dot movement in relation to the actual break makes no sense whatsoever. WGT please fix this or I will surely be moving on when the flash version ends. I have no interest in learning how to putt all over again.

Frank

it s slower by an half but playing u will fix it in few time. 

• WildCoast
    458 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 8:13 AM

I was just wondering if Cabo and Whistler are going to become available of the new version

Thanks

• Ezzy1959
    44 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 2:05 PM

This is driving me insane. I changed the resolution in the options menu to a larger resolution. It was much too large. I then couldn't access the options button to change the resolution back to a smaller size again. There seems to be no way to minimise the window so I can access the options button. I tried to use the zoom function, but that didn't reduce the size enough to see the options button. There are no arrows in the corner to reduce the windows size. There's no green tab in the top left corner to reduce the size.

Well, I thought; I will uninstall the wgt download  from my laptop and reinstall it. So i uninstalled it, rebooted my computer, installed once again the 'early access for mac 'program, opened it, and the large resolution was still there. I'm usually ok at troubleshooting with computers, but this is 'doing my head in.' I must admit I'm stuck, and there is probably a simple solution to it, but I can't find it. I also tried changing the resolution in 'system  preferences but to no effect. So I have an unplayable game at the moment. Any thoughts would be welcome. How do I get this enlarged resolution to be smaller, without accessing the options button ,which I can't  click on because it's off the monitor screen. Many thanks.

RSS