Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Asphaltpirat
    3,215 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 11:03 AM

I playing WGT since March 2011
    almost 10 Years.
    In these Years, WGT did not repair the jerky Meter.
    I got 3 new PC in that Time, but the Meter works the same as in 2011.
    And now they want to force the Mobile Version for PC Players.
    Unbelievably.
    Why not switch to HTML5?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 11:12 AM

Asphaltpirat:
    almost 10 Years.

I have read many comments in these forums from players who say that the meter in the new version is totally smooth for them. So maybe you should see that as a positive thing.

Asphaltpirat:
    Why not switch to HTML5?

$$$. They were never likely to rewrite the game with HTML5 when they already had a different version they could adapt for desktops.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 11:32 AM

Asphaltpirat:

almost 10 Years.
    Unbelievably.
    Why not switch to HTML5?

# 1 The jerky meter is always on the players end, something in your computer set-up that causes it.Like too many programs running in the background,

My meter is always smooth, so I can't blame the miss dings on a jerky meter. 

Unity is much better than HTML5. Almost everything I have seen switch from flash to HTML5 has been garbage, 

• Asphaltpirat
    3,215 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 2:24 PM

borntobesting:
    # 1 The jerky meter is always on the players end, something in your computer set-up that causes it.Like too many programs running in the background,

WRONG!
    3 new PCs, installed with Flash only.
    No other Programs in the Background.
    The Meter goes crazy every Day.
    Since 9 Years and longer.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 2:45 PM

the meter is client side. if you don't know what that means. Look it up.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 3:21 PM

My meter is always smooth. I regular maintenance to keep it that way. 

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2020 10:11 PM

borntobesting:
    Unity is much better than HTML5. Almost everything I have seen switch from flash to HTML5 has been garbage

Why do you say that?  Do you have some examples to share?  Just curious.

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 1:48 PM

Wutpa:

mystry78:
    I have no interest in learning how to putt all over again.

I think this is largely the crux of the issue for many people.

I guess for everyone who is used to the flash version it depends upon which type of player they are, or what techniques they have used to judge putts and some other shots. Those that have been used to using grid measurement calculations or avatar backswing clicks and other more complicated computations are going to struggle in the new version if all that is invalidated. 

For myself, I have never used any of that. I use some fairly simple mental arithmetic to calculate putt strength and I give my best guess for break based on experience and 'feel', if you like. That may help explain why I'm a mediocre putter but it also means that adjusting to the new version is not such a big leap for me, and others like me.

Nobody likes feeling they have gone backwards in their ability to master the game, although rather perversely that is what initially happens when we are 'rewarded' for improving by consequently tiering up, at least in the first few tiers. So that's the way I've been treating learning about putting in the new version - as if I just tiered up to a new and unfamiliar green speed.

Many such as yourself who don't wish to relearn any game skills will quit, and I'm not criticizing you or anyone else for making that choice, although I do think it's a shame. Personally I've enjoyed the challenge of it all, but then I have no status or regular Ready Go earnings to maintain, and no technique I am especially reliant upon so perhaps it's easier for me in that regard. 

Nigel.

Thanks for responding Nigel, I know you are a very good player.

I also play by feel. I don’t use calculators, rulers, spreadsheets, stopwatches or any of the above. For putting I just use simple math in my head to judge distance and then watch the movement of the dots to try to determine break.

In my opinion even in the flash version the dots don’t move fast enough to give an accurate representation of how much a putt will break. This is even more drastic in the new version, hence my disappointment.

Frank

• DanC2807
    943 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 3:53 PM

I second Frank's emotion.   Very disheartening months ahead.   It's what separates the "gamers" and the "players."   Frustrating to have re-learn the "feel" after playing for over eight years.   WHY can't WGT simply replicate the gameplay of the flash version to the new version?   WHY?????????????????????

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 4:09 PM

DanC2807:

I second Frank's emotion.   Very disheartening months ahead.   It's what separates the "gamers" and the "players."   Frustrating to have re-learn the "feel" after playing for over eight years.   WHY can't WGT simply replicate the gameplay of the flash version to the new version?   WHY?????????????????????

Good question Dan. I haven’t played the mobile version much but perhaps the green dots move similarly to the new pc version?

RSS