Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to Wolf Creek and Tour Champion! And Introducing...

Sat, Sep 5 2020 5:30 AM (165 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 12:20 PM
    Everyting must be very buzy. Got a 3 person round at St. Andrews deleted. Couldn't hardly get on the forums. Try to play tomorrow, I think today is just not gonna happen. My nickle.
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 12:26 PM

nice looking course, i reckon it will be to easy, going to be one of them courses where in single play it could all depend on what wind you get if you win. 

Very bad to see just 1 pins, cant believe wgt would allow that to happen. 

It is a nice change and thanks for doing so but still a few courses short. Really the team should be out already getting photos for a new course. In 3 months time Wolf Creek will just be like the others and people will be board again because the number of courses still isn't enough. 

One good thing is that this does show wgt dont need to find 7000+ yard courses like some people say. 

Hall of fame sounds good as tour champ isn't going to change anything, had a quick look and some of the players who have gone into that tier shouldn't be there, some cant even shoot below 30. 

Hopefully they will say what course (s) they are going to do for 2019. 

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 12:36 PM

Great course, well done WGT.  Lots of folks playing the new course today so its a bit slow to load up but it is worth the wait.  Tour Champion tier was a surprise and I will find myself near the bottom of this one also... Lots of good players and the old finger has to much Arthur in it but its all in good fun.

Thanks

WGT 

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 2:32 PM

I've only played one round on Wolf Creek so far, but I'm very impressed.  It's a beautiful course and was well worth the wait.  Thanks, WGT!

I hope that getting to become a Tour Champion is difficult.  I would hate to see a bunch of red-tee Tour Champions.  And I hope that the Hall Of Fame is by invitation only.  I think it would lose some of its prestige otherwise.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 2:36 PM

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 3:03 PM

**MY DISCLAIMER**

**EDIT** - ok so WGTCHAMPION immediately approved the post, thank you sir but why still being moderated?

I doubt very seriously WGT will see fit to allow this post to see the light of day mainly because I've been here for over 3 years, have over 115 posts (IN THE PUBLIC FORUMS - not club forums) and yet all my posts are still moderated for some odd reason even after I've asked repeatedly in ALL contact methods possible to be unmoderated, they're still doing it!

Looks to me by the way this game has been completely unstable/unusable today (including the main WGT website), this was pushed out WAY prematurely!

I have been "connection to server lost" on this Wolf Creek course no less than 7 times today, I have been in stroke games on other courses all day long today and IF you make it to the 9th hole you're damned lucky.  People are getting frustrated.

So tell me:

1. how is WGT going to comp people for the hits on balls that end up in disconnected games all day?
    2. how is wgt going to comp people for lost balls during games that are disconnected at a swing.  I myself have only lost 2 balls but nonetheless, 2 balls here, 2 balls there, 4 balls somewhere else = a solid source of stolen/unearned revenue for WGT
    3. how is WGT going to comp players for all the disconnects that undoubtedly will count towards making them yellow shortly.

Although I much appreciate the effort and most certainly welcome the new course by your entire team, this was not planned out very well.  Having your own in-house personnel testing this making sure the game is ready for primetime is a little short-sighted IMO.  I'm a 32 year IT manager (yes developers too) and if I allowed something like this to be pushed out into a production environment causing all these issues, I'd be fired in a heartbeat!

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 3:04 PM

It's not Wolf Creek, it's our servers. Different issues, yo. 

_CHAMPION 

• greenmanfromg
    694 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 3:13 PM
    Kicked out of 4 (four) games today 2 at Wolf Creek nine other players suffered at the same times. All of the players in the games were booted.
  • TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 3:23 PM

TopShelf2010:

SamSpayed:
    I hope that getting to become a Tour Champion is difficult

At the time of this post, there have been 138 players promoted to Tour Champion. I am sure there will be more to come.

Don

there was 1 yesterday.. there are over 325 now.

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2018 4:51 PM

I am pretty sure that they also increased saturation rounds for Tour Legends during this update as well, not that I am complaining. The reason I say this is because I was saturated with a 60.19 average and only would move down if I shot below a 60 and not move up with anything over a 60. Now I have seen it moving up and down since the update. Any other Tour Legends seeing the same thing? 

RSS