Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to Wolf Creek and Tour Champion! And Introducing...

Sat, Sep 5 2020 5:30 AM (165 replies)
  • carlosdev
    2,529 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 12:01 AM

Average less than 55 makes tour champion !!!

Because my friends who are above 55 didn't make it to Tour Champion even after playing strokes over n over. So less than 55 must be the deal.

- Carl

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 12:04 AM

Bowl64:

From WGT news:

"Now the highest possible in the game, players have a new tier to move into based on number of rounds played and average score as usual."

Average score? Hmmm. Rounds played? Why? Makes no sence. Do over and do it right is what i say.

Bjorn

I think high tiers they just gave up on. 

TC might generate a few red tee rounds to lower some borderline saturated averages of badge chasers.  It's not much of an achievement and anyone at the 55 threshold with enough rounds (it seems) they just throw it at you.  Latter might be to combat sandbagging a bit but really TC seems wide open to red tee charging.

In fairness resources and monitoring are issues.  Also they are well-meaning in saying they will have a Hall Of Fame as a list (effectively).  Now actually running that and deciding the final basis for entry .....Hmm not going to be an easy job running it as sometimes it will be opinion based I must think, but greater minds and broader shoulders than mine exist:)

Also the new course is brilliantly done physics wise and is simply a visual treat to virtually stroll through.  Enough risk-reward and praying for the right wind at certain places  - top marks in any circumstance for that core part.

Overall a very positive update given known issues, IMO:)

• Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 12:42 AM

The average scores of the Tour Champions have been reset .

Can WGT confirm that there will be a saturation point for the average score and indicate how many ranked rounds will be necessary to reach this saturation

thanks

• IlahBes
    281 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 1:38 AM

Thank you guys, the new course is awesome!! Well done :)

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 4:53 AM
    I'll give it a couple of weeks and we'll have people moaning they can't compete at TC tier. Wgt haven't listened to any suggestions regarding promotion to this tier. We'll end up with another tier that's higher. Elite & Tour Elite will be here in a years time and it will happen all over again.
  • TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 5:02 AM

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 5:19 AM

Jimbog1964:

Bowl64:

From WGT news:

"Now the highest possible in the game, players have a new tier to move into based on number of rounds played and average score as usual."

Average score? Hmmm. Rounds played? Why? Makes no sence. Do over and do it right is what i say.

Bjorn

I think high tiers they just gave up on. 

TC might generate a few red tee rounds to lower some borderline saturated averages of badge chasers.  It's not much of an achievement and anyone at the 55 threshold with enough rounds (it seems) they just throw it at you.  Latter might be to combat sandbagging a bit but really TC seems wide open to red tee charging.

In fairness resources and monitoring are issues.  Also they are well-meaning in saying they will have a Hall Of Fame as a list (effectively).  Now actually running that and deciding the final basis for entry .....Hmm not going to be an easy job running it as sometimes it will be opinion based I must think, but greater minds and broader shoulders than mine exist:)

Also the new course is brilliantly done physics wise and is simply a visual treat to virtually stroll through.  Enough risk-reward and praying for the right wind at certain places  - top marks in any circumstance for that core part.

Overall a very positive update given known issues, IMO:)

Absolutely excellent post. Positive, factual, and glass half full. 

Just having another course to play both WGT and in-house CC tourns. is AWESOME. Players talking about losing balls or WHATEVER,,Of course we're going to lose balls but it is nothing more than a miscalculation on OUR PART / MY PART.

Either way, it is very enjoyable playing on a NEW COURSE. Also, I cant agree with you more Jim, the course graphics and HD is much more than I expected.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 5:35 AM

Wolf Creek is a success. Great course and fun to play.

WGT You Nailed it. Thank You

Don

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 5:36 AM

Bowl64:

The promotion to Tour Champion must be looked into, it really makes no sence so far. Really hope it`s "just" some kind of glitch at the WGT-end that will be fixed, otherwise i think it`s borderline redicilous.

Bjorn

although I could care less about this, the obvious is the obvious and I 100% agree.  I play on a regular basis with Champs only so I see some of the changes/tiering up that took place yesterday.  For example, 1 Champ I play with on a VERY regular basis, been here since 2013, has 5472 ranked rounds, 2 days ago his avg was 62.23 when I played him that evening, he rarely spends any money here using WGT Tour irons, WGT wedges, WGT house balls, and a good driver/putter.  The next morning he's a TC and the first Champ friend I play yesterday morning, been here since 2011, has over 8544 ranked rounds, has an avg (for many weeks now) of 54.14-ish (goes up or down .01 here and there), uses nothing but top of the line equipment including the ridiculously overpriced 93+ titleist balls and yet he's still a Champ.

There doesn't seem to be any logic behind this at all, at least not an objective logic.

My .02

• Robert1893
    7,673 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 5:39 AM

DonCaron:

Wolf Creek is a success. Great course and fun to play.

WGT You Nailed it. Thank You

Don

I agree 100%.

In fact, this is the first time I lost a ball and didn't even care. Tee it up again, and have at it! :-) 

Great and extremely fun course. 

RSS