Forums

Help › Forums

How do I stop discussion emails?!?!?!

Tue, Feb 22 2011 10:53 PM (22 replies)
  • TrevorTurner
    106 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 6:32 PM

I am inandated with emails from WGT regarding someone who has posted  after me...how do I turn this off, this is ridiculous,

Help me please or I will have to shut off emails from WGT altogether

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 7:20 PM

You are given the option to do this...the box is default checked  that you want this...just uncheck it ...such as I will be doing now...and emails are gone concerning this post.

• TrevorTurner
    106 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 7:35 PM

I understand what you mean, but I only want to turn off posting in forums, not notices from WGT

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 8:00 PM

Well Actually you don't...

Please after you hit the reply to my post do you see the box that's checked bottom left?  uncheck it...and when you start any post in the future just uncheck the same box.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 4:08 AM

TrevorTurner:
    this is ridiculous

It's not ridiculous, it's magnificent & fantastic; WGT has finally made this feature available for us, after many months of its being broken.

To address your concern, there should be a global default switch somewhere. My default is, "Send me email notifications", so I don't need to check this manually myself for every forum reply. Your default could be, "Don't send me email notifications", so you don't need to uncheck it yourself for every forum reply you make.

Such a global switch is a standard feature in most forum software packages, such as phpBB or vBulletin. Perhaps WGT will give it to us as well.

Of course, the global switch would be in addition to the per-post switch we already have today. But, that single-post switch would only need to be used if you wished to override your global setting for a particular thread.

• TrevorTurner
    106 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 5:09 AM

Well, Faterson, I disagree.

Although most updates are fine, this is really getting to me.

I have unchecked any email notification on site...right down to my account.  AND STILL THEY KEEP COMING.

My next attempt will be to change my email account altogther to a bogus one on WGT to subvert the WGT email onslaught

I cant have this, period.

......aggrovated

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 5:17 AM

It looks like you still didn't get what others were advising you above.

Simply uncheck the Email me replies to this post tickbox under the Edit window when you submit a forum reply. Emails will then no longer be sent to you.

Your reaction is completely over-the-top. You only need to make a single click with your mouse to resolve your issue, but you're going to submit a fake email address instead?  

• TrevorTurner
    106 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 5:30 AM

I have gone back and unchecked "Email me replies to this post" on any post I have put up on WGT for the last two months (via the edit option)

Did that last night, took me half an hour.

So what else to do?  Because still they come....now I am thinking its a glitch.

ANY and alll help is appreciated!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 6:03 AM

This is a new feature, Trevor, so it may not work retroactively. Let's be patient. Just make sure that the tick-box is unchecked for all new forum posts you make, and the emails should not arrive.

Also, the best solution by far is to set up a simple filter in your email account that will automatically transfer these incoming emails to a separate folder. That's how I do it. That way, WGT emails don't interfere with my work-related and private emails. And it's great to be able to see, at a glance, in that special folder, all new replies that have been sent to these forums, without having to visit the forum webpages. It's a much faster way to skim through new forum posts than having to read them on many different webpages here at WGT.com.

(Submitting a fake email address would be a bad idea. You'd stop receiving all legitimate notifications from WGT, including those on upgrades, your tournament participation, etc. You'd no longer get notifications about new Wall posts and Private Messages, etc. etc.)

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 7:13 AM

Trevor is right

In the last couple of posts that I have written I made sure the send email was not checked and I received notification anyway.

I even went back and did it again to no avail.

This seems to be a bug.

RSS