Forums

Help › Forums

How to contact us and what to do in case of errors or bugs

Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:58 PM (1,186 replies)
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2016 11:29 AM

andyson:
    I know what is available in code and the data

I was surprised at how much info is in a crash report. I had a look at what Maxthon collected in one on my crashes. Did I understand what it meant ... hell no! But sure would like too.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2016 4:53 PM

pdb1:
    I do doubt that they gather the basic information .
    Then you're saying the designers are neanderthals.

pdb1:
    I have submitted dozens of reports . Accompanying their responses were also queries about what browser i use . And versions of various other things that they did not have knowledge of . I can dig some of these up if you doubt me .

You realize we're talking the right click "Submit this problem to WGT" Trouble Report?  If so you also realize it says "You will not receive a direct reply to this report.  We may contact you if we need additional information."  You make it sound like you always get a response.

I too have submitted dozens of reports but have never, ever received a reply let alone questions for more info.  I'd say a reply from WGT is extremely rare.  Maybe you just write crappy trouble reports.

I've had dialogs with Customer Support submittals via e-mail exchanging info though. That's a whole different interface.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2016 8:32 PM

We are politely asking WGT to institute a relatively minor change in the way they monitor disconnections / errors / game freezes. Hoping that accurate / simple reporting of issues will expedite correction of multiple problems with current game play, which should benefit all players, and their (WGT's) bottom line.

Doc :)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2016 4:57 PM

pdb1:
    As is the case with the present bug reports . Either they are not accessible during the crash or incident .

But they are afterwards if the window is not closed and the game client is restarted.  Confirmed by WGTIcon.

pdb1:
    Some ( like everyone and WGT ) would not consider this a " relatively minor change " .

So now you're a computer programming expert too?  You're reputation for BS precedes you.

Doc IS correct!!  It is a relatively minor change.  Checkbox input fields are basic stuff for any programmer.   Adding fields to the problem report, basic stuff.

pdb1:
    looks like it would interrupt game play for quite a few minutes .

There is no game play after a crash!  And after a disconnect, there's time to kill waiting for players to return.

pdb1:
    Again not having any success getting an even more detailed and difficult report filled out . Just is not realistic .

pdb1:
    A brilliant suggestion to provide more details .

Wait!  Huh? Oh yeah, the Baron of BS wrote both..

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2016 6:12 PM

pdb1:
    In my browser i have my settings so that the right click drop down menu is disabled in WGT . Having the right click drop down menu enabled is a big disadvantage in WGT . .....I was so relieved when I read about the mouse gestures in the settings . Here in the WGT forum a couple of years ago . I do not have that annoying , disabling feature any longer .

Then how do you submit dozens of reports?  As you previously stated!

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

pdb1:
    I have submitted dozens of reports . Accompanying their responses were also queries about what browser i use . And versions of various other things that they did not have knowledge of . I can dig some of these up if you doubt me . 

The Baron of BS strikes again.

RSS