Forums

Help › Forums

How to contact us and what to do in case of errors or bugs

Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:58 PM (1,186 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2016 7:18 PM

pdb1:

This is old news . I have been submitting detailed descriptions through member services . Who forward them to the Q A team . 

I also have made many entries in the Bug Log forum .

But your answer "I have submitted dozens of reports" was in reply to right-click bug reports.

To which I replied: "You realize we're talking the right click "Submit this problem to WGT" Trouble Report?  If so you also realize it says "You will not receive a direct reply to this report."  And you ignored the question.

Just more BS from you.....

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2016 7:23 PM

Let's get this back on track.   Bumping the idea to enhance problem reporting of disconnect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Design and QA gets beat up (by me) all the time on the forum.  Let's give them credit for anticipating there would be both intentional and unintentional disconnects.

I imagine how difficult it is to narrow down the cause of the issues.  The idea below would make it faster an easier for us to better report issues and easier for your team to sort through the reports.

I'd like to see WGT enhance the problem reporting scheme with a separate report for disconnects to collect the details.  Add it to the pull down title menu. Using a form with all the important details loaded so we can merely check a box if it was:

__CTTH

__single player stroke  __ranked  __practice  __bracket

__Multi-Player stroke: __2 player  __3 player  __4 player

__Blitz: __single player  __2 player  __3 player  __4 player

__Skins: __2 player  __3 player  __4 player  __practice  __challenge

__Match Play  __practice  __scored  __challenge

__Alt Shot

I was Player #:   ___1  __2  __3  __4

Then a text box for additional comments. (Game Froze, Unexpected Error, Blue Screen, White Screen, etc.)

And make it available in the re-connect lobby!  We can fill one out while we wait.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for WGT's opinion on this now.

How about it Icon or Shoe.   What do you think?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 7:06 AM

andyson:

Design and QA gets beat up (by me) all the time on the forum.  Let's give them credit for anticipating there would be both intentional and unintentional disconnects.

I imagine how difficult it is to narrow down the cause of the issues.  The idea below would make it faster an easier for us to better report issues and easier for your team to sort through the reports.

I'd like to see WGT enhance the problem reporting scheme with a separate report for disconnects to collect the details.  Add it to the pull down title menu. Using a form with all the important details loaded so we can merely check a box if it was:

__CTTH

__single player stroke  __ranked  __practice  __bracket

__Multi-Player stroke: __2 player  __3 player  __4 player

__Blitz: __single player  __2 player  __3 player  __4 player

__Skins: __2 player  __3 player  __4 player  __practice  __challenge

__Match Play  __practice  __scored  __challenge

__Alt Shot

I was Player #:   ___1  __2  __3  __4

Then a text box for additional comments. (Game Froze, Unexpected Error, Blue Screen, White Screen, etc.)

And make it available in the re-connect lobby!  We can fill one out while we wait.

I imagine any reports you get now are similar to the posts I see on the forum, not much detail.

Thanks in advance for considering the idea.

Andy

Andy was your other thread locked by you or WGT?

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/379800.aspx

Regardless this is a damn good idea.

• adamsaid
    116 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 7:53 AM

my name is adamsaid a tour legend i have written reports for the past 5 days and still get the run around yyyyyyyyyyyy wgt

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 8:31 AM

ZioMio:
    Andy was your other thread locked by you or WGT?

By me.  The only way I know to keep a thread from being messed up around here! LOL

ZioMio:
    Regardless this is a damn good idea.

Thanks, I think so too!  ;o))

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 9:02 AM

andyson:
    By me.  The only way I know to keep a thread from being messed up around here! LOL

That's good ... if WGT did then that would have been really sad.

So in the mean time, anyone that reads this should try to remember to add some of these points in their next bug reports.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2016 9:19 AM

ZioMio:

So in the mean time, anyone that reads this should try to remember to add some of these points in their next bug reports.

Absolutely!  And when reporting discos/crashes in the forum too!  Without any feedback from WGT on their progress "looking into" the disconnect issue it's all we can do.  Report 'em with all the pertinent details.

We sure would like some feedback from WGT!  On both the progress and above idea.

RSS