Forums

Help › Forums

How to contact us and what to do in case of errors or bugs

Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:58 PM (1,186 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2016 9:34 PM

Seriously.  You're dealing with the internet.

I've had opposing players get p.o.'d and take the full 90 secs then just bat the ball a few yds.  They're still away and do it again and again and again.

Eliminate the rule and it will be used to waste the other players time.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2016 11:54 AM

hi guys,

i was reading the thread and was thinking how to reply...

when we were looking at disconnect/reconnect allowances, i think 3 was the number we felt was a good one. but, i do think that with some issues lately, it maybe worth looking at increasing it. I am not sure how or when it'll happen , or if it'll happen at all, but it's worth bringing up for to see what can be done.

last thing we'd want is for that to be abused, of course, so that's a pretty big consideration as well.

-wgticon

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2016 12:22 PM

maybe you all could shoot for players not getting disconnected 3 times during a match to begin with, when playing for credits 3 is enough, that is abused already with the 5 minutes to come back to the game.

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2016 2:31 PM

WGTicon:

hi guys,

when we were looking at disconnect/reconnect allowances, i think 3 was the number we felt was a good one. but, i do think that with some issues lately, it maybe worth looking at increasing it. I am not sure how or when it'll happen , or if it'll happen at all, but it's worth bringing up for to see what can be done.

last thing we'd want is for that to be abused, of course, so that's a pretty big consideration as well.

-wgticon

it would be nice. I've lost two hole in ones in multiplayer format with friends recently. I could care less about being yellow or another color, but i love your idea. simple, but does the job and buys wgt engineers more time in terms of some complaints. bravo

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2016 4:41 PM

WGTicon:

hi guys,

-wgticon

Thank you Icon for replying to the thread.

Design and QA gets beat up (by me) all the time on the forum.  Let's give them credit for anticipating there would be both intentional and unintentional disconnects.

I imagine how difficult it is to narrow down the cause of the issues.  The idea below would make it faster an easier for us to better report issues and easier for your team to sort through the reports.

I'd like to see WGT enhance the problem reporting scheme with a separate report for disconnects to collect the details.  Add it to the pull down title menu. Using a form with all the important details loaded so we can merely check a box if it was:

__CTTH

__single player stroke  __ranked  __practice  __bracket

__Multi-Player stroke: __2 player  __3 player  __4 player

__Blitz: __single player  __2 player  __3 player  __4 player

__Skins: __2 player  __3 player  __4 player  __practice  __challenge

__Match Play  __practice  __scored  __challenge

__Alt Shot

I was Player #:   ___1  __2  __3  __4

Then a text box for additional comments. (Game Froze, Unexpected Error, Blue Screen, White Screen, etc.)

And make it available in the re-connect lobby!  We can fill one out while we wait.

I imagine any reports you get now are similar to the posts I see on the forum, not much detail.

Thanks in advance for considering the idea.

Andy

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2016 3:36 AM

andyson:

__CTTH

__single player stroke  __ranked  __practice  __bracket

__Multi-Player stroke: __2 player  __3 player  __4 player

__Blitz: __single player  __2 player  __3 player  __4 player

__Skins: __2 player  __3 player  __4 player  __practice  __challenge

__Match Play  __practice  __scored  __challenge

__Alt Shot

I was Player #:   ___1  __2  __3  __4

Then a text box for additional comments. (Game Froze, Unexpected Error, Blue Screen, White Screen, etc.)

And make it available in the re-connect lobby!  We can fill one out while we wait.

I imagine any reports you get now are similar to the posts I see on the forum, not much detail.

Thanks in advance for considering the idea.

Andy

Please take a solid look at this WGT, if you are serious about wanting feedback, the easier you make it for us, the more you will get.

Doc :)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2016 7:55 AM

pdb1:

andyson:
    Eliminate the rule and it will be used to waste the other players time.

I don't see anyway possible for that to be a problem . I give WGT golfers much more credit than that . 

I am sure there are a couple hot heads and jokers out there . .....Still not a concern or relevance .

Not hot heads and jokers!  Cheats.  No limit on disconnects would be a problem in Challenge matches.  Any game where credits are at stake. Blitz challenges, Skins challenges, Match Play challenges.  The whole psychology changes when money (credits in this case) is at stake.  Gamers will game. As evidenced by the prevalence of multi-accounter and cheat software issues on the forum.

pdb1:

A brilliant suggestion to provide more details . Although some important details would need to accompany this report . 

Type of browser used and version 

Operating system & version 

Windows , Mac , Linux , etc .

Type of internet connection

Trouble shooting goes much deeper than that . Any technical details are important in the elimination process .  

Thanks, I thought it was a good idea too.

Having published many websites myself I know what is available in code and the data you mention is readily available. 

I assumed that the basic and important data you mention was already included in the extra data provided in a WGT trouble report.  These guys are not total neanderthals!

Don't doubt that the info is readily available.  Google Analytics collects your browser, OS, ISP, even Flash version whenever you visit a website so enabled.  Here are examples:

OS and Browser:

Flash Version:

The point being if Google code running on our computer can collect and report it then WGT code running on our computer can also collect and report it in their Trouble Report as well.  I assume they do.

RSS