Forums

Help › Forums

*Important News Regarding Account Security*

Sat, Feb 4 2023 7:40 PM (65 replies)
  • Capvideo
    36 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 11:12 AM

Interesting.  I also thought that their message may be faulty, so I went ahead and used my new PW with special characters - WGT refused my login.  I went back to the old, logged in, changed to different special characters and they refused me again.

I removed the special characters and it worked.  So, either WGT doesn't have the same security for all platforms, or their allowed special characters are extremely limited, and, they're not telling us which are acceptable!

I guess I'll lust change my PW every 60 days or so...

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 11:33 AM

Capvideo:
    WGT will not accept special characters as part of a password.

I've always included two special characters in my password. Never have had an issue with it (either on the mobile app or on the computer). 

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 11:42 AM

Capvideo:

The use of a larger password w/special characters is a good way to go.  HOWEVER, you can not do this with WGT!

WGT will not accept special characters as part of a password.

Come on WGT!  Get with it, and set up a modern login system.

You are able to use special characters but not all are accepted. Punctuation is accepted and adding something like an exclamation point greatly increases the difficulty of a brute force attack on your password. Using a mix of Upper case, lower case, numbers, and special characters is best. If you can manage using a password that doesn't contain a word in it, this would be even better.

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 11:58 AM

OK WGTShamWow, has WGT been fiddling with the settings meaning players cannot check their accounts ?

I went to my profile page, and tried to look at my account history to see if there was evidence of malpractice, and couldn't access it.

Is this WGT's doing or am I in the process of being hacked ?

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 12:09 PM

stevereilly:

OK WGTShamWow, has WGT been fiddling with the settings meaning players cannot check their accounts ?

I went to my profile page, and tried to look at my account history to see if there was evidence of malpractice, and couldn't access it.

This has also meant I'm unable to purchase credits at the moment. Change my password or anything.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 12:36 PM

Steve,

Just checked mine, and clicking on the "Account" button brought my account page up fine.

If that isn't working for you, I'd contact customer service ASAP.

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 12:43 PM

Same here Steve :( no access to account page/cannot buy credits, just get "oopps" web page not available.

• Baldace
    3,254 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 1:01 PM

Baldace:

Same here Steve :( no access to account page/cannot buy credits, just get "oopps" web page not available.

Strange, using FF as usual cannot get on to account page or buy credits. Went to Edge , which I never use for WGT, and went straight through. Weird for sure.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 1:15 PM

I've sent Icon a PM asking for info regarding what WGT allows in passwords. If he's on right now, it's in hidden status. Might be a while. 

• KWallst
    253 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 1:25 PM

stevereilly:

Same here.

WGT IT people.  Can you please update us members about this issue please?

RSS