Help › Forums

*Important News Regarding Account Security*

Sat, Feb 4 2023 7:40 PM (65 replies)
  • WGTShamWow
    906 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 2:28 PM

KWallst:

stevereilly:

OK WGTShamWow, has WGT been fiddling with the settings meaning players cannot check their accounts ?

I went to my profile page, and tried to look at my account history to see if there was evidence of malpractice, and couldn't access it.

Is this WGT's doing or am I in the process of being hacked ?

Same here.

WGT IT people.  Can you please update us members about this issue please?

Checked with CS and its something we have had a couple reports on and its being looked into. Nothing has been changed with how you access account history, ect. and from the reports it sounds like it could be browser related or pop up/ad block related. Maybe try disabling these or trying a different browser.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 2:49 PM

WGTShamWow:
    Checked with CS and its something we have had a couple reports on and its being looked into. Nothing has been changed with how you access account history, ect. and from the reports it sounds like it could be browser related or pop up/ad block related. Maybe try disabling these or trying a different browser.

I have this issues of not being able to purchase credits for a few days now. I have done what they ask except for trying a different browser. Why ? Been buying credits for a long time now on the first of every month with any issues and now I can't.. When the credits I have run out I will play with the rock.

• KWallst
    253 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 2:59 PM

WGTShamWow:

I have not enabled any popup/ad blockers at all.  Some of us can't even get to the help/support link either. 

It shows the..

OOPS

We're sorry, that web page can't be displayed. The system is busy or the web link is incorrect or no longer available.

Please try again or use the navigation menus to help find the page you're looking for.

If you have time, we would appreciate if you could send us the web link that you tried to view. Please submit a ticket via our Help page and we'll get it fixed right away.

Thank you!

WGT Member Services.

The Help page link will take you to the same oops page.

Please resolve as soon as possible and perhaps give us an update.

Thank very much

• jenwren
    2,670 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 4:25 PM

HACKED.  Now I cannot get into my account at all.  What is going on.

I have just tried to send another message to customer service and I am booted off this site.

WOW

Jenwren

• AlaskaProfD
    21 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 7:09 PM

I am also having the same issue.  I tried MS Edge, MS Explorer, and Google Chrome. I even uninstalled ad blocker, flushed the dns cache, uninstalled and reinstalled Flash, etc. to no avail.  I cannot access my account and when I click on the OOPS screen Help link it brings up the same screen. I emailed WGT at members@worldgolftour.com and am awaiting an answer.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 8:00 PM

Im using Maxthon Cloud 4.9.5.1000 and everything is working fine . I can access my account and a C/S report page with no problems . So either they fixed it or its something else .

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 8:13 PM

Just a thought but have you tried accessing your account on the mobile app?

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 8:25 PM

borntobesting:

I've never used the mobile app to buy credits or check my account, it's always been through my pc

• BokNaaier
    34 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 10:53 PM

Hi

I can't access my account at all, how can I reset my password or create a new one without accessing my account. I think my account has been compromised and want to change my password? Any help appreciated. I keep getting the oops site whenever I try and access the WGT secure site for anything, including trying to access my account or enter tournaments.

Please help. thanks. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 11:13 PM

stevereilly:

borntobesting:

I've never used the mobile app to buy credits or check my account, it's always been through my pc

You can do it on either one. Sometimes something that won’t work on the web game will work on the mobile app. A good example is this month’s Olympic CTTH tourney,it won’t load on the web game but loads correctly on the mobile app.

RSS