Help › Forums

*Important News Regarding Account Security*

Sat, Feb 4 2023 7:40 PM (65 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 4:38 AM

lonniescott711:

DonCaron:

Just a suggestion Champion, Limit the amount of times it takes to log in.

3 is to much, There are password breakers out there

3 is the standard limit on most secures sites . But also put a time limit on company supplied passwords . When a player forgets their pass word and needs help from WGT to access their accounts . The pass word should only be good for a limited amount of time . 24 - 48 hours giving the player time to change the password . After the time limit is up the password becomes invalid and no longer usable for the account .

Also be sure to notify the player every time their pass word is changed . An email notice to ensure the player is making the change and no one else .

All basic data protection

Gobsmacked that this is not run of mill protocol

Or am i.

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 6:09 AM

just curious,is this a police matter?

cheers     mark.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 6:32 AM

If they have not done enough to protect customers details then it may be Mark.

Data Protection Act 1988, but of course thats the EU. Not sure US.

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 8:50 AM
    lonniescott711:

Also be sure to notify the player every time their pass word is changed . An email notice to ensure the player is making the change and no one else .

This is done --- at least today for me. Of course, people have to have their accounts set to GET wgt emails, and many people don't have that setting because they got tired of too many wgt messages. I got this email:

AlaskanDame, Your password on WGT has been changed. You can now log in and play here. After logging in, you can change your password here. If you did not request this password change, please report it ASAP to our administrators by emailing members@worldgolftour.com.
  • Capvideo
    36 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 9:04 AM

The use of a larger password w/special characters is a good way to go.  HOWEVER, you can not do this with WGT!

WGT will not accept special characters as part of a password.

Come on WGT!  Get with it, and set up a modern login system.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 9:24 AM

Capvideo:
    WGT will not accept special characters as part of a password.

Mine has one. It may be that the ones you can use are limited. WGT has long been known to have faulty error messages that don't really reflect the error.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 10:13 AM

I use special characters on my password. No problem with it

• ANDREAP
    1,642 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 10:47 AM

my question is ...how can i contact customer support if i cannot join wgt ??

a friend of mine just wrote me he cant log in ..so which mail is to ask for ?

ty vm

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 11:00 AM

ANDREAP:
    .so which mail is to ask for ?

members@worldgolftour.com

RSS