Sat, Feb 4 2023 7:40 PM (65 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 11:14 AM

AussieMick11:

Thanks for the info WGTChampion.

WGTChampion:

For player's on mobile...

is it possible to change your WGT account password using the app? If so, I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated so I can let my club mates know.

Cheers

All password changes need to be done through the website. There is no way to do it through the app. 

_CHAMPION

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 12:06 PM
    Thanks Champ!!.... timely response considering Holiday Season.... which I hope ev1 had a good one...there only a select few or dozens that can compromise other peeps accounts....they should be the one's that get the heat, not wgt,,if they(WGT) come out to early with the info too early.the rats would run back into there holes with no chance of finding the rodents ..i will have my eyes wide open as im sure many will.. Chris
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 3:01 PM

Thank You 

• HalHoff
    813 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 3:35 PM

Several more hacked within our club today, our members have a 3 iron waiting for them once caught. 

• chips68
    248 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 3:45 PM

It happened to me yesterday, 20,000 credits stolen towards Blitz games.

Here is a screenshot, they should be able to figure out the culprits by seeing where the credits went

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 3:49 PM
    Houston I have a problem not letting me in mabey im latest victom
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 6:38 PM

Just a suggestion Champion, Limit the amount of times it takes to log in.

3 is to much, There are password breakers out there

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 7:23 PM

DonCaron:

Just a suggestion Champion, Limit the amount of times it takes to log in.

3 is to much, There are password breakers out there

3 is the standard limit on most secures sites . But also put a time limit on company supplied passwords . When a player forgets their pass word and needs help from WGT to access their accounts . The pass word should only be good for a limited amount of time . 24 - 48 hours giving the player time to change the password . After the time limit is up the password becomes invalid and no longer usable for the account .

Also be sure to notify the player every time their pass word is changed . An email notice to ensure the player is making the change and no one else .

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 7:31 PM

+1 Lonnie

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 4:24 AM

Most deviants are using Brute Force, variations as well, to crack passwords, and other encrypted info.

An 8 digit password can be cracked in 6 hours or less. This has been around for a decade or so. 

There are now counter measures one can download to stop Brute Force

A 12 alphanumerical password, can be beaten in 83.5 days. Throw in some symbols, and you will make them work upwards of a year or much more.

Once the attack has taked a certain amount of lengthy time, without sucsess, it will stop and move on, to another victim 

http://www.computerweekly.com/answer/Techniques-for-preventing-a-brute-force-login-attack

RSS