Forums

Help › Forums

*Important News Regarding Account Security*

Sat, Feb 4 2023 7:40 PM (65 replies)
  • WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Sun, Jan 7 2018 9:56 AM

Those of you that weren't able to access your account settings, login, make purchases, ect., are you still having that issue or were you able to get in some time within the past 5 hours or so?

For special characters, I honestly don't have a full list of what it allows. I know that if you receive a message stating "Password contains invalid characters" when entering your password, that means that one of the special characters used isn't being accepted. Characters such as " ? ! . # " are accepted but some like " @ $ % " are not. I'll try to get a more detailed list of what works but this should help to start. 

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sun, Jan 7 2018 10:20 AM

I was one of those affected and couldn't access my account, but now can without chaning anything settings/browser etc., so hopefully that has now been resolved.

Thomas

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jan 7 2018 1:31 PM

WGTShamWow:
    I'll try to get a more detailed list of what works but this should help to start. 

Thanks. That'll be a huge help in securing accounts.

• dobie2089
    95 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 1:04 PM

To get back to original post , it's  pretty amazing  ( but  unsurprising ) , that WGT would  rely on one of  it's  mods  on a forum  that is  hardly  used  or  viewed  by the bulk of  the wgt player base , to verify a security breach . 

Any company or  organisation that valued  it's  customer base  would  surely  email ALL of it's  customers/members with that information  and  implore them to change  their  passwords and promise them updates  on the situation .    What I find  even more  "headshaking " is  that noone  on this thread  so far  has  even made  that point . 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 7:00 AM
    dobie2089:
      What I find  even more  "headshaking " is  that noone  on this thread  so far  has  even made  that point . 

Didn't bother, thought "by the time my post gets through, someone will have said it"
  • AMENGOLFER
    6 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2023 7:40 PM

I have had oops pop up blocking my game for over a month now,,,is there a fix?

RSS