Forums

Help › Forums

christmas day give a way

Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:37 AM (167 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 1:54 AM

mkrizan86:
    And despite my apprehension towards having kids, I held him for 20 minutes, talking to him and looking in his eyes. And I can honestly say they were the best 20 minutes of my life.

• roozilla
    630 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 2:29 AM

twinponds169:

Bowl64:
    Being unemployed again and asking for a christmasgift is nothing wrong in my book.

Nothing wrong at all with it Bjorn. Although you do belong to a very generous club run by a very generous owner, I'll give her a break here and wish you the best for the new year and in re-establishing employment. Good luck to you. Srixon 13's are the better ball of what you have recently used, sent 3 sleeves. Enjoy!

TP

Well done TP now known as (puddles) for the generous nature you have for members of WGT and our club 

You are a good man

cheers Roo

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 2:58 AM

Thank you all ,-)

@ Andy

A very good choice of bubbly, but I'm just heading out to buy a bottle of the best cognac I can find in Ljubljana, to be opened on his 18th bd. Although it'll probably be on his 15th ;-)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 11:26 AM

mkrizan86:

@ Andy

A very good choice of bubbly,

:-)) nice spot,  took me a while to find a pic ov the good stuff.....( I say good , try paying for 15 bottles that 9 ppl drank in an hour !! fookin skavs!!! ) Turned out to be a good investment of expenditure in the end tho.. ;-))

.tho again, personally, I look on Champers as fizzy expensive wine....Cava will do me fine, only drink the stuff at functions / get ta gethers etc !

mkrizan86:
    but I'm just heading out to buy a bottle of the best cognac I can find in Ljubljana, to be opened on his 18th bd. Although it'll probably be on his 15th ;-)

So..let me get this straight.....

Ya 1st born Son , not even a Day old and his Father is advocating under age drinking ? FFS !!

Seriously tho and on a different tack...

Met an older guy here 8 years ago and best described as an oenophile ( ok, had to google the spelling tho not the definition )  ;-)

Anyways...He started to buy 'new' wines 30+ yrs ago, and has now branched out into Cognacs etc

We prob meet up maybe once or twice a year...and turns out,

Best investments he ever made. sells one or two select bottles a year and doesn't have to delve into the pension fund to live year on year.. ( lavishly ) too

Strange how a hobby for him has turned into a business...

So, back on track...

THAT bottle you buy today..might be too damn expensive to open in 15 OR 18 years time !!

And...he might turn out to be a right ars*hole @ that age..someone you wouldn't want to have a drink with @ any cost

;)))

Andy ( glass half empty, rarely disappointed )

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 12:39 AM

Congrats indeed MK, and my best to the good lady who did the hard work :)...............

I remember my go at that as if yesterday.  Wife decided we had to do it two more times, and 3 all under it was.  For me as someone who had basically forgotten kids existed and happy with that it was a predicament I never expected, but would not change the experience for anything.........

Halcyon days now my friend - I know you will ALL enjoy:)................

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 3:16 AM

Congratulations Jure and my very best wishes to you all

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Dec 31 2016 9:15 AM

roozilla:
    Well done TP now known as (puddles)

His name is 2puddles...Mr. 2puddles to you.

• Picardio
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:37 AM

So did I , great game.

RSS