Help › Forums

christmas day give a way

Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:37 AM (167 replies)
  • PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 10:10 AM

adaputter:

stikhuntr27:

One must have humor ada, so many hands out, i couldn't resist.

Of course I don't need anything.

Looking to see who would get a rise off of this, guess you took first crack at it, lmao.

Let's smack it around sometime.

Merry Christmas

sorry stik m8 i was under the influence of beer when i read your post

would be  my pleasure to hit a few with you

Balls or beers Ade? Knowing you I guess it'll be both.

• Ladychipper
    22,715 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 10:46 AM

alanti:

phred952:
    Well said.  Go with my prayers and best wishes for you and your family.  May your child be born into a loving family, and hopefully help to make this a better world for us all.

+ a Gazillion ......and I KNOW we will have one doting dad......

How did I miss this?  Yes a BIG congrats on your upcoming fatherhood!  It is such a blessing to have children.  God Bless YOU!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 12:20 PM

mkrizan86:
    I think JAC started this thread to get back at who knows who for last year. Wanted to get some attention and then try to make people feel like he did last year (succeeded with gogrinchgo, lol). Never intended to gift anyone, while having a good deed excuse at hand.

Sounds about right....

mkrizan86:
    Off to bed now, need to get some sleep in what is most likely my last night of being a non-parent ;-)

Personally wouldn't wish children on my worst enemy, but in the minority I know.. 

Hope you know what ya doin J  ;)

All the best with the birth and family life

Andy

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 3:54 PM

alcaucin:
    Personally wouldn't wish children on my worst enemy, but in the minority I know.. 

I fully understand this sentiment as I've shared it for most of my life ;-)

Anyway, it's been a ride. Water broke over 2 days ago and still no contractions. So they had to induce contractions this morning. After 12 hours of these we were still less than half there, so they decided to end her (and mine) misery and perform a cesarean. 15 minutes later, Nikolaj Ferdinand Bizjak was born. Both mum and the baby are doing great. 

And despite my apprehension towards having kids, I held him for 20 minutes, talking to him and looking in his eyes. And I can honestly say they were the best 20 minutes of my life.

Thank you all for your posts.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 4:27 PM

mkrizan86:

After 12 hours of these we were still less than half there, so they decided to end her (and mine) misery and perform a cesarean. 15 minutes later, Nikolaj Ferdinand Bizjak was born. Both mum and the baby are doing great. 

And despite my apprehension towards having kids, I held him for 20 minutes, talking to him and looking in his eyes. And I can honestly say they were the best 20 minutes of my life.

Congratulations MK!!!!

Have to admit...I teared up at the "best 20 minutes of my life" part.

So glad all are well and best of luck on your new journey.

MC

ps- so glad this thread has been turned into something special for another reason.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 4:49 PM

mkrizan86:

Congratulations!

Kids are one of the greatest blessings ever. And I'm sure as many have already told you, enjoy every minute. The years go by extremely fast. I know. It seems like it was just yesterday that our daughter was born and this past spring, she graduated from college.

I just got back from the airport dropping her off. She was home for Christmas but is heading back to Haiti, where she's doing a 9-month missionary internship. Right now, all those year seem like a blur.  

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 9:39 PM

MK, I can see your smile from here and I know the feeling...so good.  Sending hugs and pats on the back across the pond.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 1:25 AM

mkrizan86:

Nikolaj Ferdinand Bizjak was born. Both mum and the baby are doing great. 

Thank you all for your posts.

Congratulations my friend.  I'm glad everyone is fine.  I fully understand and identify with those special 20 minutes.

• Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 1:29 AM

Congratulations! Very good news indeed :)

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2016 1:42 AM

Congratulations to your family jure mate.

Great news.

Bubbs

RSS