Forums

Help › Forums

christmas day give a way

Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:37 AM (167 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2016 10:21 PM

phred952:
    Well said.  Go with my prayers and best wishes for you and your family.  May your child be born into a loving family, and hopefully help to make this a better world for us all.

+ a Gazillion ......and I KNOW we will have one doting dad......

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 3:06 AM

mkrizan86:
    Off to bed now, need to get some sleep in what is most likely my last night of being a non-parent ;-)

Fascinating experience coming your way, and he/she will be a great addition to the world :)

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 3:23 AM

mkrizan86:
    Off to bed now, need to get some sleep in what is most likely my last night of being a non-parent ;-)

Congrats on the forthcoming addition.  You will be playing more now during your night time.

And the joy, the first time baby sleeps all night.

• Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 4:57 AM

mkrizan86:

My take on this, after reading through and saying ouch a bunch of times...

Won't even bother saying anything about the idiot gogrinchgo, but I think JAC started this thread to get back at who knows who for last year. Wanted to get some attention and then try to make people feel like he did last year (succeeded with gogrinchgo, lol). Never intended to gift anyone, while having a good deed excuse at hand. As for daughters, y'all sure he has them and this wasn't a hoax as well?

Could very well be wrong, but the above is my guess.

P.S.: Kudos to all 3 who gifted Bowl64

Congratulations on your "new" life as a parent :)

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 6:22 AM

Ladychipper:

Are we still pondering this? 

I must say that I think it was a bit of a cruel joke, if that is what it was, by the starter of this thread.  We shouldn't get people's hopes up only to destroy them. 

I hope we can forgive and forget now though. 

Happy New Year!

Marion XO

Great post Ladychipper.  And a Happy New Year to everyone.

animated-happy-new-year-image-0030

• DarrylBurner
    4 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 6:52 AM

Very sad to see how far off course this has become, particularly at this time of the year.

That being said, I am very grateful for the sleeves of balls that I was gifted. They should keep me going for a while.

As I do not see any posts from my benefactor here I will thank him on his wall.

Happy New Year to all

Darryl

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 7:32 AM

Ladychipper:

Are we still pondering this? 

Yes a number are.

I must say that I think it was a bit of a cruel joke, if that is what it was, by the starter of this thread.

Don't think joke is correct.  More along the lines of intended, my thoughts anyway.   And I am glad others said things that I was thinking.  I believe they put it better then I ever would have.

We shouldn't get people's hopes up only to destroy them. 

Absolutely correct.  One of the reasons, I called him out on it, and why I stepped up to gift.

I hope we can forgive and forget now though. 

Don't believe that is going to happen for a number of us.

Happy New Year!

But yes, Happy New Year to you, and to all.

Marion XO

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 7:49 AM

alanti:

I also find it odd that wall messages were being deleted.(sorry Alan, changed your quote slightly, to make it more apt to what was going on.)

He was not the only one that did that.  One that joined late, was asking questions on walls and then deleting, only way of knowing was from the emails saying we had a message. And I have to say I deleted my response on his wall also.  Would not have made a difference, he would have deleted it anyway.

And in response to him, this topic NEVER strayed off topic.  It went from a spirited Christmas giveaway, to something mean spirited.  I don't think that is straying off topic as we all went from WTH to calling out the OP on not doing what he stated.

Granted Robert and I had a misunderstanding when I thought he was defending the OP and what was thought he said, but between him and I we straightened that out, and continued on blasting the OP for his lack of action.

Doubt we will never know the full intentions of the OP, but the end result was not what his original post stated.  If what he stated was actually done I can applaud him for that.  BUT

As far as for the grinch, there is nothing at this point that will make it right.  His CC owner stepped in(sort of), but otherwise he has been absent.

I can only hope that we don't have to witness another thread like this.

Hope all had a Very Merry Christmas, and have safe Happy New Year.

Gary

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 8:38 AM

Gary;

re : Wall posts...I am currently moderated and have only wall posts and PMs avail for communication. I tend to delete wall posts once I know the recipient has read it. Often, they simply delete it themselves.

Nothing sinister, I simply don't want to clutter their walls with my stuff...lol

Not sure why the OP was doing the same, as he has (had?) this forum available to him and was using it..

ct

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2016 9:30 AM

stikhuntr27:

One must have humor ada, so many hands out, i couldn't resist.

Of course I don't need anything.

Looking to see who would get a rise off of this, guess you took first crack at it, lmao.

Let's smack it around sometime.

Merry Christmas

sorry stik m8 i was under the influence of beer when i read your post

would be  my pleasure to hit a few with you

RSS